Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BROKEN RECORD  (Read 24939 times)

Ben

Re:BROKEN RECORD
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 04:57:50 AM »

Page 2

Ben

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 04:58:01 AM »

I won't ask, don't dance me.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 04:58:15 AM »

I have a meeting at 11am.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 04:58:51 AM »

I will then go to the Union Square Greenmarket at noon and purchase varied and sundried products for our consumption during the remainder of the week.

Ben

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 04:59:47 AM »

Anthony is off auditioning this morning. It's a production of No, No Nanette. I can't remember who's doing it or where it's being done.

He didn't get the part of one of the fathers in The Fantasticks (being done in Texas and being directed by Tom Jones himself).

singdaw

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 05:00:42 AM »

all the tape that had caught up in all those capstans(?)

O Capstan, My Capstan!    

Ben

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 05:01:11 AM »

He will then wander off to Lincoln Center Library to peruse CDs and DVDs for our possible viewing over the weekend. This past weekend we watched the 1997 American Masters production on Vaudeville, narrated by Ben Vereen. We also watched Footlight Parade and two classic Warner Brother's cartoons, both with scores taken from songs in Footlight Parade.

Ben

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 05:01:24 AM »

After the library he will go to a dance class.

singdaw

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 05:03:12 AM »

I am up due to not having an inhaler handy and the drugstore is closed!

I am up due to not having an inhaler handy and the drugstore is closed!

Is there an echo in here?   ;)

DR DakotaCelt - I have never heard of "snow mold"!   :o

Hope the drug store opens soon and that you soon feel better!

Ben

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 05:03:56 AM »

After dinner today I'm meeting a friend who teaches introductory playwrighting at NYU. It's the end of classes and he asks his actor friends to help out the budding authors by reading their plays in class. I've done this 5 or 6 times in the past. It's great fun (even when the plays are not very good). It's nice to still be considered an actor by someone in the business (my friend just directed Larry's good friend Helen Stenborg and Timothy Busfield in a show at Westport Playhouse).

Ben

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2008, 05:04:26 AM »

My, this was a frenzy, wasn't it. I must get back to Robert Wood Johnson and finish as much as possible before my 11am meeting.

singdaw

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2008, 05:04:51 AM »

don't dance me

Boy, did you pick the wrong partner!    ;)

Ben

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2008, 05:05:55 AM »

Even though the pills take longer to work (about a half hour) I always keep Asthma pills handy in case the inhaler is not around. I rarely need them (I haven't had an attack in years) but I keep them around just in case.

singdaw

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 05:08:08 AM »

I will then go to the Union Square Greenmarket at noon and purchase varied and sundried products for our consumption during the remainder of the week.

Although we have plenty of Farmers' Markets out here in "the country," I'm still jealous of you New Yorkers!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »

***AUDITION VIBES***[/size][/color]
to the Ant!!![/size][/color]

Ben

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 05:09:19 AM »

I must say, even though it will be a while, I'm looking forward to Evening Primrose. It's one of those things I never, ever, ever, ever (that's 3 evers) thought would come out on CD. Now, as George said yesterday, let's hope for a DVD of the show. I was 14 when the show was aired so I never saw it. Culture wasn't that big a deal in Coon Rapids, Minnesota in 1967.

Ben

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 05:10:01 AM »

I hope DR Kerry is OK. He hasn't been around these parts for a while.

singdaw

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008, 05:12:17 AM »

"You're coveting my pumps right now, aren't you?"

photo:   The Homecoming

singdaw

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2008, 05:16:37 AM »

he asks his actor friends to help out the budding authors by reading their plays in class.

DR Ben, that is so cool!  I would think it would be fun and kind of gratifying.  It's great that you do this!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2008, 05:17:34 AM »

I hope DR Kerry is OK. He hasn't been around these parts for a while.

Perhaps DearReaderLaura DR can give us a status update.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 05:21:44 AM »

Rain predicted for today.  Grass seed broadcast and covered with straw, so we shall see if we have a backyard this year instead of a dust bowl.

Thanks to DR MBARNUM, Bosco and Freddie, and to DR JANE, Keith and Sherlock for the lovely cards received this week.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 05:22:22 AM »

Off to do some Wednesday morning things.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 05:43:13 AM »

Well, since I got a slightly earlier start today than planned, I might as well take advantage of the extra time and run an errand or two before my audition session starts.  -I just hope I don't disappear into the mists for another 40 years or so after I'm done playing today... Hmm... Or maybe I do?  ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 05:50:54 AM »

Oh, my. You probably won't get to hear any of the newly revised book, the topic of which caused quite a furor at CastRecL if I recall. In subsequent information about the production they seem to have dropped that point. The book is still being revised by John Guare I understand, but the whole issue of making it an anti-war piece seems to have disappeared. This is from Playbill On-Line

The New York Post previously reported that Guare's new book reinvents Brigadoon as "a pacificist town that 'disappeared' in 1939 because its inhabitants didn't want to live in a world torn apart by war.

But the casting notice characterizes the production this way: "Vivid re-imagining of the classic 1947 production; new production with a revised book. Story of Tommy and Jeff, two modern-day American travelers, who stumble back in time to a village in 18th-century Scotland.

singdaw

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 06:01:41 AM »

-I just hope I don't disappear into the mists for another 40 years or so after I'm done playing today...

I thought it was 100 years?  Or do you get time off for good behavior?

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 06:27:43 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Today I'm hosting a brownbag lunch for nonprofit folks and my email contained a message from the guest speaker, confirming that she will be here - Whew!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 06:44:19 AM »

I forgot to mention in my early morning frenzy that we will be seeing Candide this Sunday afternoon. I had no plans to see it but a friend called. He has 4th Row Orchestra seat and he wanted to know if I wanted the tickets for FREE. I, of course, said yes. Seems he has a previous engagement which cannot be changed so Ant and I get to see Candide. I must find a nice bottle of wine to give to my friend (he's an oenophile) as a thank you. Even if it's not very good, it's still Candide with the glorious overture and wonderful music.

FJL

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »

Acting vibes to Ben

singdaw

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2008, 07:04:20 AM »

DR Ben - I'll be curious to hear how Daniel Reichard does as Candide.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2008, 07:06:03 AM »

Good morning, all!  Last night I took some Nyquil because I was so congested and I slept a long long time.  I feel great, now that I'm vertical and out of bed, and I have some fun things to do in my puttering about the apartment: continue the Act II and III notes on LADY OF THE SLIPPER and redo some Duke Ellington scores for the New York City Gay Men's Chorus.

Last night, I read more of John Spence's BECOMING JANE AUSTEN, source for the film and a very thorough biography of Miss Austen's family, and watched many episondes of LAW & ORDER until THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY. I wonder how they picked these ladies for the series?

Later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up