Archives > Archive 3

WELL, DEAR READERS

(1/48) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, you've understood the deep meaning of the notes, the notes have understood the deep meaning of you, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently in the meadow chewing their collective cuds whilst contemplating that I have written over 1400 consecutive notes.

bk:
And the word of the day is: CRANIUM!

bk:
My iPod is on, and I've just heard all three versions of Love, Look Away from the new Guy Haines album.  That was a track I wasn't satisfied with for the longest time, and I kept changing it.  In version one, we had a synth oboe playing my vamp lines along with the guitar and piano.  I didn't care for that.  Then we recorded a soprano sax doing those vamp lines.  I still didn't like it.  I was beginning to despair, and I was sitting at Vinnie's just trying to get the mix to sound right, when Vinnie's girlfriend showed up.  She just happens to be a faboo cellist, and I asked her if she'd lay down a cello part (the other thing I wasn't happy with was that the track seemed to have no low end).  We went over the song about six times - with her improvising, and me telling her which bits I liked, and then I hummed her two or three lines for other parts, and we recorded it, and it absolutely transformed both the track and the mix.  I was then satisfied.

Tomovoz:
The only other wesite that I am prepared to admit to is "Amazon.com". I'd mention the other two I frequent but ....
Chat rooms are not my style at all. I feel more comfortable here.

I'd mention the word of the day but I should head of before I make some brainless pun. I'm not skulking off.

Tomovoz:
Yesterday's topic BK  - any decisions yet about a new recording by the Trotter Trio?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version