Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY  (Read 20387 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2004, 06:18:56 PM »

And one for Mahler!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2004, 08:07:50 PM »

Let me get this perfectly straight: Last post two hours ago?  As Mr. Jack Benny would say, "Well."  Not that it matters, since yesterday was so amazing, but it does have the smell of WUSSBURGER about it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2004, 08:08:48 PM »

Maybe, just for once, one of you eight GUESTS would like to come out from your hiding place and say hello.  That would be ever so loverly.

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2004, 08:13:44 PM »

Back to childhood. I am entertaining our house guest today (see yesterday's photograph). Maxwell is teaching me to "Fetch". Fosca and Magnus have never been fond of fetch. I am quite well trained after a few hours.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2004, 08:14:55 PM »

Ha, ha! Well, I guess it is on Saturday if we go. Frankly, or even Stevely, I would prefer we go to the regular beach! But (butt) we will see what we will see, or something like that! LOL!
Oh, go and have a good time, you lucky stiff!

;D ;) 8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2004, 08:19:23 PM »

Windy day here and quite cold for this neck of the Woods. "Come the Wild Wild Weather", "Wild Is the Wind", "Blowing Away", "Four Strong Winds" etc. I have not however noticed anything "Written On The Wind".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Robin

« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2004, 08:21:15 PM »

I just gotta say this:

Godzilla rules!  This is one GREAT movie!!!

I can't wait for this version of the movie to get onto deeveedee...I'm going to toss my old deeveedee onto the ground and jump up and down on it!  I swear, I will never watch the Americanized version again!  

Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

François de Paris

« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2004, 08:25:57 PM »

What Is There To Say
And What Is there To Do?.......

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2004, 08:26:49 PM »

Let me get this perfectly straight: Last post two hours ago?  As Mr. Jack Benny would say, "Well."  Not that it matters, since yesterday was so amazing, but it does have the smell of WUSSBURGER about it.

Well, I really don't have much to say, but at least I'm posting.

My mom just told me a very long and winding story that didn't seem to go anywhere. It started "When I was little, this boy named Tommy Smith lived next door," and ended "...and he jumped up on the table and barked at me."
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2004, 08:29:43 PM »

DR SWW, it is funny that you got asked to make the food again.  I suppose it's just easier than making it herself.

I know she was incredibly rude.  But I think I would try again.  I mean someone has to be the bigger person.  But this time, like DR Jane said, I would try to get advice on what ingredients they don't like.  And also, I would try to dumb down the recipes (just use the basic ingredients).  They would probably like it better.  Good luck!
I have indeed been asked to bake cookies.  Tollhouse.  The darling DIL (Daughter in law) has asked me to not include nuts.  But apparently she and the SIL liked the cookies; it was the kids at the party who didn't like them.

And, yes, she finally broke down and asked me in person.  This came after der B and I spent the day ladsitting (and the two lads can be a handful), and then joining the clan for back-to-back baseball games.  That's a "T-ball" game for the 4-year-old, and a modified softball game for the almost-7.  During the second game, I took the younger lad over to a park area nearby, to play on swings and such, which gave the DIL a chance to actually watch her older son play ball.  It also gave der B a chance to tell her that I wanted to be asked directly, and not though him.

Helping out on this was an earlier incident, before we all left for the ball field.  I had loaned her my copies of the LOTR expanded DVDs, and today asked if she were finished with them.  She said she was, so I went to get them back.  She was flabbergasted when I collected the sets for both FOTR and T2T; she clearly remembered owning FOTR herself.  Did she complain to me?  No, she ran to daddy herself, rather loudly.  He had to come to me to ask what was up.  I told him that I clearly remembered loaning her both DVD sets.  He then had to take this info back to her.  She proceeded to search through her DVD collection (nowhere as large as ours, but also not organized in any fashion)...and found her single-disc edition of FOTR, which registered a mumbled "oops" as an appology.  Directed to der B, not myself.

Needless to say, my being gracious with helping take care of the younger lad, and her own realization that she's less than perfect, helped with her giving me her request in person.

So, a calloo callay for a victory, in which I tried not to rub her nose.  I've a week to get the cookies made.  (At least I know the adults enjoy them.  I've a hunch the lads would prefer Chips Ahoy, but that's another bridge to cross.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2004, 08:34:03 PM »

Oh, if only I had a picture of our set for TITANIC, then you could see what a cheesy "boat" set looks like.
If it was Swiss cheesy, I can understand why it sunk!

François de Paris

« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2004, 08:34:23 PM »

The Summer Knows

Written by: Alan Bergman / Marilyn Bergman / Michel Legrand

The summer smiles
The summer knows
And unashamed
She sheds her clothes
The summer smoothes
The restless sky
And lovingly
She warms the sand
On which you lie
The summer knows
The summer’s wise
She sees the doubt
Within your eyes
And so she takes
Her summertime
Tells the moon to wait
And the sun to linger
Twists the world
Round her summer finger
Lets you see
The wonder of it all
And if you’ve learned
Your lesson well
There’s little more
For her to tell
One last caress
It’s time to dress
For fall
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 08:36:39 PM by François de Paris »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2004, 08:35:59 PM »

Can you guys explain exactly what the "sides" are?
Thanks.
French fries and cole slaw.

Panni

« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2004, 08:38:58 PM »

I just had fried chicken for dinner. Thought I would share.

Panni

« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2004, 08:39:27 PM »

...the information, not the chicken.

François de Paris

« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2004, 08:40:02 PM »

If it was Swiss cheesy, I can understand why it sunk!

It's the holes in the cheese that made the boat sink! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2004, 08:43:56 PM »

Robin: The original Godzilla (Gojira) is a fantastic film, and really a different experience from the Americanized version.  The American version is fascinating to watch once you've seen the original, but the difference between them is night and day.  I would go so far as to say the original is a genre masterpiece.

François de Paris

« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2004, 08:45:23 PM »

Shaking the botties away?

There's an old superstition 'way down south
Ev'ry darkie believes that trouble won't stay
If you shake it away
When they hold a revival way down south
Ev'ry darkie with care and trouble that day
Tries to shake it away

Shaking the blues away, unhappy news away
If you are blue, it's easy to
Shake off your cares and troubles

Telling the blues to go, they may refuse to go
But as a rule, they'll go if you'll
Shake them away

Do like the darkies do, list'ning to a preacher way down south
They shake their bodies so, to and fro
With every shake, a lucky break

Proving that there's a way to chase your cares away
If you would lose your weary blues
Shake them away

I gotta blues, you gotta blues
All God's chillun gotta blues
Come and join a rebel and we'll shake off the devil
And we'll shake all over God's Heaven, Heaven, Heaven
Anyone objectin' to shakin' ain't going there, Heaven, Heaven
Gonna shake all over God's Heaven
I gotta shake, you gotta shake
All God's chillun gotta shake, shake, shake
Nothing could be sweeter than to shake with Saint Peter
When we shake all over God's Heaven, Heaven, Heaven
Anyone objectin' to shakin' ain't going there, Heaven, Heaven
Gonna shake all over God's Heaven

[Revised version:]
There's an old superstition 'way down south
Ev'rybody believes that trouble won't stay
If you shake it away
When they hold a revival way down south
Ev'rybody with care and trouble that day
Tries to shake it away

Shaking the blues away, unhappy news away
If you are blue, it's easy to
Shake off your cares and troubles

Telling the blues to go, they may refuse to go
But as a rule, they'll go if you'll
Shake them away

Do like the voodoos do, list'ning to a voodoo melody
They shake their bodies so, to and fro
With every shake, a lucky break

Proving that there's a way to chase your cares away
If you would lose your weary blues
Shake 'em away

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2004, 08:50:41 PM »

I've rhapsodized about "Old Devil Moon" in the FINIAN'S RAINBOW film several times before, but I'd also like to state a great love for "Come and Get It Day" on the soundtrack. Don't have the CD, but the gorgeous choral and orchestral sound is Ray Heindorf at his finest.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2004, 08:51:53 PM »

In order not to feel tremendous guilt over this chocolate cake I baked today, I did not ice it. Somehow, it's so dark and rich that it just didn't need anything except a fork putting it in my mouth. I (shamefully) had two pieces of it today.

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2004, 08:53:46 PM »

The Summer may know François but I need to wait until November and then ask if she remembers. (The Bergman lyrics are as beautiful as the melody).
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2004, 08:55:14 PM »

READING:  The Guinness Dictionary of Theatrical Quotations.

A couple of Noel Cowards:

"Two things should be cut -- the second act and that child's throat."  Coward after seeing GYPSY in London with its vivacious child star Bonnie Langford.

Coward took an earlier slam at Langford when she was three and was in the stage production of GONE WITH THE WIND where the horse famously defecated heavily onstage:

"There's nothing wrong with that show that shoving the child up the horse's arse won't cure."
Oh, poor Bonnie L!  (Who later showed up on Dr. Who as one of the good Doctor's companions.)

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2004, 08:55:15 PM »

Enjoyed MONK tonight. No, the mystery wasn't the strongest, but poor Mr. Monk at the mercy of New York had one funny sequence after another. Tony Shaloub is priceless.

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2004, 08:55:42 PM »

Of course I think the summer of 45 was a much better one than that of 42.  (Summer Me Winter You).
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2004, 09:08:26 PM »

Of course I think the summer of 45 was a much better one than that of 42.  (Summer Me Winter You).

Possibly a better year (personally, I wouldn't know), but it would have made a lousy movie.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2004, 09:11:12 PM »

Okay now I feel deprived!

Where can I find a good fried chicken recipe where I don't need to deep fry it.  Or is there no point in me trying this if I have no clue what I'm doing.
Oh, what a leading question!  Does anyone here expect me to NOT come up with something from my favorite food guru, Alton Brown?

Here's a recipe from his classic episode, Fry Hard II: The Chicken.  I've used this recipe, and it works!  It works great!  It's yummilicious!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2004, 09:13:45 PM »

What is an adult happy meal?
Where is TCB when we need him?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2004, 09:19:07 PM »

DR George: I knew McD's was giving out the stepometre thingies.  But I had never heard the term Adult Happy Meal before.

I think they should have the little toys in them.  Adults like toys too!  :)
Again, where's TCB?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2004, 09:20:26 PM »

CALLING ALL COMPUTER EXPERTS!

I just had the weirdest experience with my computer (no, Tomovoz, not that kind of experience).  I went to the Mall and I was gone about an hour.  Before I left, I signed out of AOL, but I left the computer on while I was gone.  When I got home, I signed back on to AOL and checked to see if I had received any e-mail from close and personal friends.  There were eight notices of Returned Mail sent to unknown addresses, all of which had been sent within the last hour, supposedly by me.  Since I had been gone, I knew that I hadn't sent anything, but (I suppose) just to convince myself that I was not crazy, I switched over to "Sent Mail".  And yes, there were the same eight messages that had been returned all sent from my account, and all dealing with Low Cost Mortgage.

How is this possible?  Would this be caused by a worm, or has someone figured out my password and accessed my account?

I immediately changed by password, but I don't know what else to do?

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2004, 09:23:05 PM »

Again, where's TCB?

(shaking my head slowly) Woody............ Woody........... Woody!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up