Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG  (Read 11393 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »

'night

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »

I have a Sibelius/Finale inquiry. How does one do a 7-note  run of 16ths  as the second half of a 6/8 bar?

Well, though I have Finale, I refuse to use it unless absolutely necessary for reasons just like that.  In Encore, all you do is click "Tuplet" and enter your how many notes and the entire note value for the run, everything else is automatic.

Thanks for the info, DR JMK! I will pass it on. As to Finale, it's the Broadway copyists program so we all bow to it.

Well, that was for Encore, and I find Encore a MUCH simpler program to use.  Finale drives me crazy (a short drive, as you're already aware).  But for that example above, in Encore you'd click Tuplet, enter "7" in the first field and "3/8" (3 eighth notes) in the second, and it comes out perfectly.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »

Well, just back from another 12-hour shift. On day one, we were told there would be no overtime. Today, we were told we were 29 percent behind our goal for the week, so there will be overtime showered on us like there was last week. Great, except for the magazine work, which is a disorganized mess, and the wine festival, which I must attend a few events. Sleep will have to wait.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »

I will give some clews once the ink is dry on the contract, which I'm hoping will be in the next week or so.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2010, 07:33:21 PM »

I can tell you where the HELL I've been today: here at home without DSL. AGAIN!

This is getting really old. I had my plans all mapped out today: watch HIGH ANXIETY in the afternoon, get that review written and posted, and then go back down and do HISTORY OF THE WORLD tonight, get that review written and posted later in the evening. Now becuase DSL was out for many hours, I got all the watching and writing done, but the reviews tumble back-to-back onto the site now, not the way I wanted to present them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2010, 07:35:29 PM »

Let's see what else I've watched today.

I began with LOST which I felt was a great episode

with a riveting story of origin and a tie-in to a season one event that was haunting.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »

Then I watched AMERICAN IDOL's top four sing their movie songs. A forgettable hour of music if there ever was one. I wasn't blown away with anyone, and at this point I don't care who goes home or who wins. I'm only watching because my little Thursday lunch group wants to continue watching to the bitter end.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »

Watched both HIGH ANXIETY in the afternoon and HISTORY OF THE WORLD in the evening, both on Blu-ray. The latter looks and sounds far better than the former, but it always has on home video.

These, of course, are identical to the Blu-rays in THE MEL BROOKS COLLECTIOn released late last year.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2010, 07:40:09 PM »

Then I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Noah woke from his operation with his sight partially restored, and Reid's heart looked to be breaking as Luke and Noah began to bond again (though Luke is obviously feeling a bit torn with his feelings for both guys).

naturally, they bring up this interesting turn in the relationships and they're not in the previews for tomorrow. Smart move! NOT!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2010, 07:41:51 PM »

I watched two more BONES episodes from season two because I had skipped over them a couple of weeks ago when I was revisiting the series.

Of course, I'm talking about the best show of the season: the one with Brennen and Hodgins trapped in the car buried by the Gravedigger.

And the second best episode: the death of the kid in the forest in a CLAIR WITCH style story that had a heartbreaking ending for Tempe.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »

Then I watched LAW & ORDER from Monday night. Very complex fraud plot that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2010, 07:43:04 PM »

And tonight's MODERN FAMILY was really a hoot. I had lots of big laughs from the various storylines.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2010, 08:00:54 PM »

Watched both HIGH ANXIETY in the afternoon and HISTORY OF THE WORLD in the evening, both on Blu-ray. The latter looks and sounds far better than the former, but it always has on home video.

These, of course, are identical to the Blu-rays in THE MEL BROOKS COLLECTIOn released late last year.
I think I enjoy both of those movies far more than I should. But Madeleine Kahn as Empress Nympho is a hoot.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »

Ginny, I'm about to leave Margaret contemplating her melancholy father in order to see how the sisters are managing. ;)

Got it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »

I think I enjoy both of those movies far more than I should. But Madeleine Kahn as Empress Nympho is a hoot.

Madeline makes all of the lame material she's given in those films sparkle. I love seeing her work. She's also saddled with mediocre leading men who aren't worthy of her: Mel Brooks and Dom DeLuise.

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2010, 08:34:11 PM »

DR Druxy, I think Roger Corman tells a story of filming TEENAGE DOLL on location. The owners of one of the houses in the shot turned on their sprinkler just as the crew was to begin shooting, which of course was going to foul op the shot. The owners of course figured that this movie company would pay them to turn off the sprinkler.

Instead, Roger, or a crew member sent by Roger, went over to the owners and told them that the water from the sprinkler was making a beautiful sparkle, just perfect for the scene. The owners then turned the sprinkler off. LOL!

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2010, 08:34:30 PM »

Finally got everything posted, but it took a while since I keyed in some fonts and sizes incorrecetly that had to be manually changed. Usually they go from Word to the webpage flawlessly, but, of course, tonight they didn't. Oy!

MBarnum

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2010, 08:34:51 PM »

Facebook does not seem to be working correctly this evening, so I guess I will go and look at TV.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2010, 08:36:21 PM »

But the DVR is clear of anything from this week's TV schedules unwatched. I still have two weeks of GLEE still on there which I haven't erased so I can enjoy some of those musical performances over again.

I did record VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA off HBO-HD since I was supposed to have reviewed it over a year ago, and Lionsgate never sent the disc. Finally I'll get to see it. Maybe tomorrow night after I finish my work project in the afternoon.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2010, 08:36:59 PM »

I have ROBIN HOOD: MEN IN TIGHTS to finish up tomorrow afternoon. That will be tomorrow's fairly easy work project.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2010, 08:37:35 PM »

Now I'm closing up shop here and heading downstairs. I hope DSL will be working tomorrow morning!

Good night!

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2010, 08:37:42 PM »

THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU   :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-* THANK YOU  :-*

FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2010, 08:44:09 PM »

Went to the block party on Main St., good music, good vendors, good food booths.  Then went for dinner at  the new hangout (their other location is in Malibu) and had a great meal with my friend Candace.

Point of observation, if you are young and beautiful it's extremely easy to get picked up in Ventura.  Lots of men and women on the prowl.

Now at home, the kid is on a cruise with her dad's family, but she did leave a happy birthday message from the ship.   
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »

Think I will treat myself to stay in town Friday night at the Sportsman's Lodge again, so I can go to bk's event on Saturday.  I always do learn something.   And enjoy myself.  ;D

Well that's all.  I'm really sleepy from dinner and must get ready for work.

Night all.

Sam

« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »

THANK YOU AGAIN   :) ;) ;D 8)  :-* :-[

Laura

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »

Glad you had a nice birthday, Sam. You deserve it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2010, 09:55:58 PM »

Finished with my viewing, which included last night's episode of Lost and I must say my opinion is the polar opposite of MattH's.  I could not believe with just three shows to go they spent an ENTIRE episode away from the main characters.  That is just so ridiculous - maybe the episode would have worked earlier in the season, but here, for me, it was a major irritant.  My feeling is that, for the people who LOVE LOVE LOVE every episode and plot point of this show, the show can simply do no wrong.  For me, it's not that easy, I'm afraid, and this show has now gone off on so many wrong-headed tangents that it's almost in Alias territory.  But, that's just me, and I'm glad others are loving it so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »

Ah, just went back and read the other accounts of Lost and see we're two for two - MattH and Ron loved it, Jennifer and I found it ridiculous that with only two shows left they would spend an entire episode away from the main cast and stories and alternate timeline - not to mention having yet another brand new character. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2010, 10:00:35 PM »

And that's what makes the racing of horses.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2010, 10:08:18 PM »

What I found odd about LOST is that Alison Janney should have beat that poor woman's head in with a rock when she did the same thing to Kristen Chenoweth on WEST WING.

(That's a joke, ladies and germs).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up