Haines His Way > The Broadway Radio Show

SUGGESTIONS FOR UPCOMING SHOWS

(1/2) > >>

bk:
If you have ideas for upcoming shows, and also if you have any suggestions for people you'd like to guest on the show, here's the place to make your suggestions.

Donald:
Ben,

That's a very good suggestion.  I know that Bruce knows her.  Maybe he can get her on the show!

Donald

Noel:
I'd like to hear a show on interpolations.  Once a common practice (Irving Berlin's Blue Skies went into a Rodgers and Hart show), I'm sure there are plenty of fascinating stories.  e.g., How did somebody else's By My Side (the one song in Godspell that makes me yawn) get into Stephen Schwartz's score?

Michael:
How about songs that were "Found in Boston"? In other words songs that were written for musicals after they opened and their cast albums recorded. This can be while they were still on Broadway like Bells Are Ring or on tour like Woman of the Year or The Tap Dance Kid or added when a new performer took over a role like Raquel Welch in Woman of the Year or Liza Minnelli in Victor/Victoria

Michael:
BTW Donald love the headshot. So Greko-Roman in feeling. A Michelanglo statue kind of feeling

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version