Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A LITTLE TIRED  (Read 3875 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: A LITTLE TIRED
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 09:32:16 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 09:48:31 AM »

I am cleaning.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »

I am cleaning.

Hello, cleaning.  I am George.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 10:40:55 AM »

:))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »

Remember...no groaning!

George

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2017, 10:43:57 AM »

George

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2017, 10:50:01 AM »

In an hour I will ask Randy to drive me to the car rental.  Jo has a job interview today and I hope it goes well.  She wants a part-time job to keep herself occupied.

~~~Successful Job Interview Vibes for Jo!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - nine hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2017, 11:24:57 AM »

I got the Roadshow book because some guy on Facebook was going on and on about Doctor Dolittle and the cuts as if he were an expert on it.  I challenged him, told him I was at the premiere, that it had major cuts after that, because I also saw it with the major cuts at its general release.  He wouldn't stop.  He finally said "my sources say" this.  I asked him what his sources were.  Roadshow was the answer.  I responded with "My sources are my eyeballs, not some book that could be shoddily researched."  He never responded.  Funny that.  But I wanted to have the book to see if the author was credible - and he just isn't.  It's just rehashed stories, anecdotal things, and then everyone on the imdb reads that crap and rehashes the rehashed in the trivia section.  But unless I haven't gotten to where he talked to Hayley Mills and is therefore thanking her, I'm not finding any credible evidence she was EVER cast in Doctor Dolittle - just one thing in the trivia section that had her on the list of people "considered" - and those included Barbra Streisand - and I think we know how credible THAT nonsense is.  Anyone's name can be on some list - doesn't mean anything was ever done about it.

John G.

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2017, 11:27:44 AM »

Remember...no groaning!

Trying hard to suppress it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2017, 11:30:24 AM »

I got the Roadshow book because some guy on Facebook was going on and on about Doctor Dolittle and the cuts as if he were an expert on it.  I challenged him, told him I was at the premiere, that it had major cuts after that, because I also saw it with the major cuts at its general release.  He wouldn't stop.  He finally said "my sources say" this.  I asked him what his sources were.  Roadshow was the answer.  I responded with "My sources are my eyeballs, not some book that could be shoddily researched."  He never responded.  Funny that.  But I wanted to have the book to see if the author was credible - and he just isn't.  It's just rehashed stories, anecdotal things, and then everyone on the imdb reads that crap and rehashes the rehashed in the trivia section.  But unless I haven't gotten to where he talked to Hayley Mills and is therefore thanking her, I'm not finding any credible evidence she was EVER cast in Doctor Dolittle - just one thing in the trivia section that had her on the list of people "considered" - and those included Barbra Streisand - and I think we know how credible THAT nonsense is.  Anyone's name can be on some list - doesn't mean anything was ever done about it.

I was told I was on the list. But I didn't believe it. 😉
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »

Back from a grilled cheese sandwich and a side Caesar and picking up no packages.

John G.

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2017, 01:22:32 PM »

Not feeling great today. May just go home in a bit and work from there.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2017, 01:30:39 PM »

I got back from Oxford around 2:30 and Randy and I watched Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow. Jo has been through her interview and various tests and I think she has a new job.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »

How is that Sleepy Hollow?  I saw it once back in the day and have no memory of it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2017, 01:32:54 PM »

Time to get ready for a rehearsal.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »

We picked up the rental car later than I would have liked and I spent about 75 minutes with the staff discussing the collection.  I like them very much.  Next summer I need to spend about a week and a half with one of the staff, Justin, reorganizing everything.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »

Then I met Gion DeFrancesco of the Miami U Theatre Dept. for lunch.  He's got a project for me if the funding can be raised.  I hope so, since it's quite interesting.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2017, 01:37:32 PM »

How is that Sleepy Hollow?  I saw it once back in the day and have no memory of it.

Think it's wonderful, a Tim-Burton-does-Hammer production, only better written and better photographed than a lot of Hammer horror films.

George

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »

Jo has been through her interview and various tests and I think she has a new job.

That's great!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »

Slumming my way further into Roadshow there's this: Did you know that Gertrude Lawrence was married to ROBERT Aldrich?  Didn't think so.  This book is riddled with stupid stuff like that.  In talking endlessly about Thoroughly Modern Millie, he refers over and over again to Andre Previn, who arranged the songs ONLY - he never once mentions the Oscar-winning contribution of someone named Elmer Bernstein.  One wonders if this nitwit even watched the movie.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2017, 02:15:24 PM »

Julie Andrews "was paid a cool million" for Thoroughly Modern Millie.  Very doubtful, in fact if she had been you'd be able to find many references to it because she'd have been the member of a very exclusive club of one, for while some will tell you that E. Taylor received a million for Cleopatra it isn't true.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »

I think this guy is just making it up as he goes along.  I've got to now find the thread on Facebook where the guy was giving me grief by using this sorry book as his "source."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2017, 02:20:41 PM »

"Tony Walton, Andrews' costume designer husband" - listen stupid, Mr. Walton may have occasionally designed costumes, but he was primarily a brilliant SET DESIGNER.  This guy better hope I never have the ability to take him on in public.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2017, 02:57:17 PM »

And according to this nerdlinger, Streisand was also paid one million to star in Hello, Dolly the film.  I can find not one source to back up that assertion and it's almost laughable, since the film of Funny Girl hadn't even come out when she was hired to do Dolly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2017, 03:55:17 PM »

Interestingly I Googled "who made one million dollars a film in the 1960s" - the only items that came up were the ones reporting that Taylor had made that for Cleopatra, but apparently that was what she made for the year, not that particular film.  But one site came up where they had a list of popular stars and what they'd made.  This list had no attributions and was titled of all things Teachers Salaries.  On that ONE list it has Julie Andrews making 1.1 million for Darling Lili - again, no sources, but I'm sure that's where Mr. Idiot got this information and made assumptions based on it.  However, in the same decade this site reports that Sean Connery made 1.1 million dollars for the first Bond movie.  Amazing, aint' it, considering the entire budget for the film was 1.1 million dollars?  And this is what the Internet has brought us and why there's so much misinformation flying around.

John G.

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2017, 04:01:35 PM »

Factcheckers are an endangered species.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2017, 04:02:52 PM »

Facts are an endangered species.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2017, 04:07:33 PM »

Facts are an endangered species.

Sadly, that's a too accurate statement. :-\

KevinH

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2017, 04:20:10 PM »

Good evening!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up