Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: COVER BOY  (Read 25683 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: COVER BOY
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »

I've done all my taxes now except for the out of town trips last year, and I'll do those when I return from Mr LaBrie's audition.  I will head out now.

If anyone wants to hear Steven, here's his performance as a winner of the competition for the Dallas Opera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uVskoLTW8
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:28:28 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2010, 11:28:03 AM »

Re the leg - I've mentioned it but I really don't know if it can go without making the photo seem even weirder - tricky.  Once you really look at the bottom of the seat I'm sitting in, you'll see that he's sitting behind me and slightly to the right.

Sandy thought you were sitting on his lap.

;D

I thought so at first too, because the seat of BK's chair initially looks like the upper thigh and pant leg of the lower leg behind.   BK, you could either darken the background or eliminate it altogether with just you in the chair.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2010, 11:28:04 AM »

Cranberries!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »

From yesterday:
DR George - I hope your sister's pipe are back in proper working order.

Thanks, Jose.  The plumber came this yesterday morning and was able to find the leaking pipe fairy quickly...he only had to cut two smallish holes in the walls and turn on the water again for a few moments to find it.  It turns out that there was a t-joint with two pipes and a hose connected to it, but the hose only had a simple clamp holding it onto the joint and that just slipped off...so no burst pipes.  The plumber said that it's not supposed to be done that way.  He also said that he did see another t-joint that was done correctly, but there's no telling how many were done correctly or not.  Fortunately, my sister's insurance will cover this repair, but quite a bit of no-longer-dry drywall will have to be replaced.

Glad to hear that this was all easily fixed and the insurance is covering the damage.

Thanks, Dan!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2010, 12:01:21 PM »

Good Afternoon!

...Just taking some time to smell the roses.

;)

*And clear some stuff off the DVR too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »

And, yes, the hot cocoa has already been sipped today.

*Today's featured flavor at City Bakery was "Ode to the Polar Bear Hot Chocolate" - which was essentially a White Chocolate Hot Chocolate.  In other words, it was basically cream, vanilla and sugar.  It was good, but it was definitely an "only one cup" beverage for me.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2010, 12:15:16 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Belated birthday wishes to DR Druxy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2010, 12:17:55 PM »

Bruce, I LOVE the photo you're using for the back cover. It's a wonderful picture of you. I can see why you wanted to use it.

Like George, the cover photo had me stumped. I didn't notice the extra leg at first, then couldn't figure out where it came from. Apart from that, I like that photo, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2010, 12:17:56 PM »

I enjoy Gene Nelson as a dancer/choreographer much more than as a director KISSIN' COUSINS....anyone.....although working for producer Sam Katzman/Clover Productions might account for some of the problems with that picture.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2010, 12:19:51 PM »

And I can't wait for the new line of COVER BOY cosmetics to come out:

Bitch Slap Red Blush

Foundation shades include:  Kiss My Ass Cream and Randy Vicar Powder

And the lipsticks:  She of the Evil Eye Pink and Gazelle Brown

LOL. Oh, yes!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2010, 12:26:41 PM »

DR ELMORE I don't have to hear him sing. The picture is fine.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »

Most enjoyable DR FJL.

DR DtM - perhaps a staged reading would help you with the inevitable rewrite.

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »

re: the olympics and the 10 000m long track speed skating

Did anybody else see the Dutch skater Sven Kramer get disqualified after winning the race? I didn't see it live. But my heart breaks for him. His coach told him to go to the wrong lane.  To make it worse, they let him finish the race.  I don't get why they didn't blow a whistle or something. To let a racer skate that grueling a race, get a world record and then tell him he's DQed. Wow.

I saw that footage played a couple of times on the news this morning.  Truly heartbreaking. As for not blowing a whistle, well, I believe he changed last lanes in one of the final turns, so... He could have still corrected himself on the final straight-away.

*And have you read or seen the interview with skater? -The one that took place BEFORE the race.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »

REAL ESTATE VIBES to Larry!

Loyalty and friendship vibes to Larry, as well.

You are way, way, way, ahead of me on your taxes. I think there will be a lot of oying at my end soon.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »

It's starting to rain here. The sun was out just s few minutes ago. I wanted to treat myself to a nice lunch, then do an errand or two. Hummm...

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »

I enjoy Gene Nelson as a dancer/choreographer much more than as a director KISSIN' COUSINS....anyone.....although working for producer Sam Katzman/Clover Productions might account for some of the problems with that picture.

Sam Katzman story:

One of his ultra-low budget epics is on its final day of shooting, and it's about to go into overtime.

There are about 10 more pages of script to film. 

Katzman rips those pages out of the script and yells, "That's a wrap!"

"How can that be 'a wrap'," the director objects.  "We've got ten more pages to shoot."

Says Katzman: "Nobody'll ever miss them."

You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:52 PM »

...I'm still trying to figure out where the rest of the other guy is.  -In BK's cover photo.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2010, 12:58:32 PM »

From yesterday:

Thanks, Jose.  The plumber came this yesterday morning and was able to find the leaking pipe fairy quickly...he only had to cut two smallish holes in the walls and turn on the water again for a few moments to find it.  It turns out that there was a t-joint with two pipes and a hose connected to it, but the hose only had a simple clamp holding it onto the joint and that just slipped off...so no burst pipes.  The plumber said that it's not supposed to be done that way.  He also said that he did see another t-joint that was done correctly, but there's no telling how many were done correctly or not.  Fortunately, my sister's insurance will cover this repair, but quite a bit of no-longer-dry drywall will have to be replaced.

Glad to hear that this was all easily fixed and the insurance is covering the damage.

And since it appears that the work was done improperly in the first place, I'm wondering if there's any additional recourse DR George's sister could and/or should take?

There should be, but she's been trying to contact the builder and hasn't been able to.  I don't know if he's specifically hiding, or what.  Since her insurance is paying for the repairs, I would assume that they will go after the guy...but that's just a guess.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2010, 01:00:16 PM »

DR DRUXY - I think I saw that movie, and DR MBARNUM has interviewed the star.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2010, 01:01:51 PM »

And now, I believe it's time for a Max Steiner-Percy Faith interlude.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2010, 01:07:38 PM »

Good plumbling news DR George!

Thanks, Jennifer...and my sister thanks you, too!

George

« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2010, 01:13:26 PM »

Folks, I need real estate vibes as always! I spoke to a realtor in Ohio who gave me very good information so I referred him to my brother Randy. On Saturday, I asked Randy if he'd spoken to the realtor (knowing he had) and Randy lied to me! He told me a lot of bull that the realtor certainly never told me! I know he and Macbeth don't want to pay a realtor commission, and the two fools are doing nothing to sell the property so we're once again pissing away money on taxes that would probablt bother me less if I knew that there were inquiries on the damned piece of land.

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~

George

« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2010, 01:14:11 PM »

From yesterday:

And since it appears that the work was done improperly in the first place, I'm wondering if there's any additional recourse DR George's sister could and/or should take?

Yup.

VIBES THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

Thanks, Jane!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »

Before LOST last night I took in RUGGLES OF RED GAP on TCM.  It was the first time I've seen this movie and I found it absolutely wonderful.  The ending had me shedding tears of joy along with Charles Laughten.

I love it that I can still discover gems like this!

Yes, it's a wonderful film. I haven't bought it yet, but it's on the to do list.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2010, 01:17:36 PM »

Some very sad and tragic news from Seaworld:

1 killed in whale attack at SeaWorld’s Shamu Stadium
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »

Wouldn't you just know that the Criterion films came in a big batch today - four Blu-rays, all of which come out March 23rd. So, I'll go ahead and have the rest of today off, and start on these tomorrow. If PONYO or the early March TV box sets for MATLOCK or MATT HUSTON come tomorrow, I can put these off almost indefinitely since I have a MONTH of lead time. Thank you for that, Criterion.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »

Oh, the Criterion titles were YOJIMBO, SANJURO, DAYS OF HEAVEN, and BIGGER THAN LIFE.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2010, 01:24:01 PM »

I've done all my taxes now except for the out of town trips last year, and I'll do those when I return from Mr LaBrie's audition.  I will head out now.

If anyone wants to hear Steven, here's his performance as a winner of the competition for the Dallas Opera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uVskoLTW8

No wonder he won. 

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »

I finshed watching the IDOL female semifinalists. I wasn't enthused about any of them though three or four of them have good tone and some range to them. No one really stood out for me. And many of the songs were so forgettable.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »

Jose I saw the headline & opted not to read the details.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up