Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NETHER REGIONS  (Read 33212 times)

td

• td
Re:THE NETHER REGIONS
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2007, 01:37:33 PM »

the top prize is a million bucks, and they're looking for someone to go all the way!!  

Umm, I still don't go all the way on a first date.   :(
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »

I am a lefty, politically and handedly...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #272 on: November 08, 2007, 01:40:41 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, we had a good morning of auditions.  Basically all of the men who came in to sing for us this morning were well-prepared, and sang well too.  The turnout today was a bit smaller than yesterday's turnout (the women), so we went ahead and heard 16 bars from each person today.  -And I really don't recall anyone breaching that "rule" - in fact, there were some people who wanted to sing less than 16 bars!

Because this was an audition for an upcoming production of American in Paris, we asked for Gershwin, Porter, etc., to be sung - The Classic American SongBook.  And with a few exceptions, that's what we heard - and what I played today.  And I have to say, it's amazing how fast the day goes by when you're playing and listening to such glorious music.

*Best of all...  By the time we cut the call off, we had just over 100 men signed up, and we were done around 12:30!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2007, 01:41:01 PM »

Okay, I have four signed posters from our event - we only printed twenty, and of those only ten were signed.  The money goes to LACCTAA.  I can offer these for $50, which is what they were going to be sold for at the event, but they never got put out.

They are signed by the entire cast plus Cindy Williams.  First come, first served.  Payment by paypal to the kritzerland@adelphia.net address.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »

I just found out that we won't be able to interview Jo Stafford in LA in December. Her son says she's "under the weather" (she turns 90 on monday) and promises to let us know if she feels like she's up to it. Somehow I think that day may never come, but I hope I'm wrong.

We will still interview Johnny Mercer's daughter, Mandy, but I was really hoping to meet Jo Stafford.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #275 on: November 08, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »

Umm, I still don't go all the way on a first date.   :(

<ring, ring>

Hello, Pot?  -This is Kettle...

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #276 on: November 08, 2007, 01:42:26 PM »

Did I just incriminate myself again?  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #277 on: November 08, 2007, 01:43:21 PM »

He'll march his band out
He'll beat his drum
And if he's fanned out

(is that what she sings in that song?)

"Fanned out"?  Yes...it's a baseball term meaning "struck out".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »

Did I just incriminate myself again?  ::)

You make me smile.   ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »

DR JRand - You should go ahead and buy "Sitcoms" - then just tear out the "Will & Grace" pages.  Frank Vlastnik showed me some of the stills and other pictures he and Ken Bloom "scoured" for over the past two years.  There's some amazing stuff, and a lot of it has never been seen anywhere else before.  -And, yes, there are even some "new" pics from "I Love Lucy" and "The Dick Van Dyke Show".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2007, 01:44:28 PM »

"Fanned out"?  Yes...it's a baseball term meaning "struck out".

I knew that!

(of course I had to look it up many moons ago when I first heard the Broadway cast recording).

Nu, who knew Fanny played baseball ? ? ?

td

• td
« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2007, 01:47:59 PM »

A package arrived addressed to me today from DR George.   :-*

Thank you, George.   :-*

td

• td
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2007, 01:48:57 PM »

I heard tell last night that somebody looked really fit and cute at yesterday's auditions.  I'm just sayin'. . .

td

• td
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2007, 01:50:20 PM »

I spy with my little eye, DR DotM.

Hello, DR DotM!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »

After grabbing some lunch from this year's Vendy Awards winner, Kwik Meal, I headed down to Bryant Park to grab a table to eat my lunch.  -Chicken over Rice with Salad.

Well, it turned out there was a special performance by the Ice Theatre of New York going on at/on The Pond - the ice-skating rink set up on the lawn of Bryant Park.  So, I had some nice entertainment while I was enjoying my meal.

Then for dessert, I headed over to 'wichcraft's hot chocolate booth where I purchased - then thoroughly enjoyed a Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate.  YUM!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2007, 01:59:25 PM »

A package arrived addressed to me today from DR George.   :-*

Thank you, George.   :-*

Well, I didn't get one.  Thanks, George!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2007, 02:00:49 PM »

Then since I still found myself with an unexpectedly free afternoon, I trekked over to Grand Central just to stare the ceiling for a while, and then I walked up and over to MoMA.

When I had joined a few weeks ago, I only checked out the new Seurat exhibit since it was the special Member's Preview Days.  Today, I checked out the other special exhibit up on the sixth floor - a selection of sculptures by Martin Puryear.  Then I headed on down the Fifth Floor to check out more the paintings.

Well... I had been observing, looking, analyzing, marveling, etc., for about an hour, when I realized that I just couldn't take in anymore.  There really is just so much Art there.  -Plus, my feet and back were a bit tired from standing.  So, I made a mental note of what I did not get to on the fifth floor, and that's where I'll start the next time I visit the museum.  -And then each subsequent visit I'll just check out another floor - or half floor - each time.

*Oh, but I did check out a small gallery on the second floor that featured three works that use the printed word - or the projected word - as Art.  Quite interesting, and very thought provoking.  The one installation that is simply made of two slide projectors projectors different but related/words juxtaposed over one another was quite effective.  If you walked in front of one of the projectors - thus blocking the other one - you saw one word, then as you continued walking and blocked the other one, you saw another word.  And the choice of words was quite, well, interesting (for lack of a better work), and, in some of the pairings, a bit graphic.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2007, 02:00:52 PM »

Where is DR TCB?  I hope he's fine.  Have we heard from that hunk-o-man yet today?

He's saving it all for you, td.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2007, 02:02:31 PM »

... then as you continued walking and blocked the other one, you saw another word.  And the choice of words was quite, well, interesting (for lack of a better work), and, in some of the pairings, a bit graphic.

Ahhh...those would be your "graphic arts", then?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2007, 02:04:05 PM »

I did find the Martin Puryear exhibit quite fascinating.  However, some of the pieces intrigued me due to their construction and engineering.  -Which, in turn made had me pondering when "ingenuity" becomes "art".  In any case...  MoMa has an online version of the exhibition, and if you're interested, just click below for the tour.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 02:05:31 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2007, 02:04:23 PM »

Heading back down now to continue with RATATOUILLE leading into prime time TV tonight.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2007, 02:11:50 PM »

I just found out that we won't be able to interview Jo Stafford in LA in December. Her son says she's "under the weather" (she turns 90 on monday) and promises to let us know if she feels like she's up to it. Somehow I think that day may never come, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'll bet that bitch Darlene Edwards gave her her cold!   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2007, 02:14:23 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

"Dead Poet's Society"
"Mr. Holland's Opus"
"Strangers With Candy" ;)

"Welcome Back, Kotter"
"The Facts of Life"
;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2007, 02:17:08 PM »

Oh... Many of my favorites did come in today.  :)  Alas(?), I don't really recall any of my "favorites" coming in today.  -However, there was one gentleman who, when he came back to the piano to get his music, I think was saying - very quietly - "You didn't play it fast enough."  ???  Well, next time, if he wants "fast", I'll give him "fast".  -And I also hope that he has a real chart next time, rather than some hard-to-read chicken scratch thing that he's most likely been using for years!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2007, 02:18:05 PM »

I heard tell last night that somebody looked really fit and cute at yesterday's auditions.  I'm just sayin'. . .

I know, I know... Isn't that Rob Berman just adorable!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »

DR TCB's last post was actually on Nov 5th.      :-\

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »

I saw The Glorious Ones last night.

It was wonderful. It's a love letter to comedy and musicals. It opened to mixed reviews but I had a great time. It's based on a 1974 novel by Francine Prose.

The Glorious Ones

Mark Kudish is excellent and the woman who played the "Gary Coleman" role in Avenue Q i(Natalie Venetia Belcon) s his co-star.

The show is sweet and funny and presents a part of theatre history most people know nothing about. I had a lovely time.

I bought a used copy of this book earlier this year because I came across a video clip of Patti LuPone singing the song, "I Was Here" on Youtube.com.  I fell in love with the song...which was a good thing, because I had that darned song stuck in my head for a week and a half!!  I also found out that the song was published in the The Ahrens & Flaherty Songbook, which was published in 2001!

Anyway, getting back to the original novel...when I bought it earlier this year, it was practically out of print!  I had to buy a (very gently) used copy.  Good thing that the musical brought the novel back into print. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

Thanks for your wonderful stories, DR JoseSPiano!  I feel like a New Yorker by osmosis!  :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2007, 02:34:34 PM »

Thanks for the report, DR Ben.  I'm looking forward to the cast album.

Me, too!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2007, 02:37:41 PM »

Well, I'm seeing The Grinch tonight - or whatever they're calling it  - free tickets, ya' know.  And I'm meeting a friend beforehand for dinner, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up