Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SEPTEMBER SONG  (Read 11392 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SEPTEMBER SONG
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »

Page five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2012, 02:53:48 PM »

I wonder why the Hawaii @ USC game is not on the Pac 12 Network?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:55:49 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »

I like Ragtime too. Strangely enough - or maybe not so strangely - the one moment that gets to me every time is "Our Children". When I went to the closing performance of the recent revival, my eyes started to well up with tears as soon as the intro started. By the end of the first verse, I was a blubbering fool. Just such a beautiful and simple and hopeful(!) moment and song. -Damn, I'm starting to cry now just thinking of it.

That is how I feel about "Back to Before."  It gets me every time.

I love "Back to Before."  And the OBC of Rags is one of my all-time favorites.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »

Did I miss this having been posted here?

Leslie Uggams addresses the JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER thing with Seth Rudetsky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHsFA2LS60

That's great!  As Patti LuPone once said, that's "...the joy and terror of live theater." :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2012, 03:11:13 PM »

Good morning!  I'm up.  Actually I have been up for about three hours now; but after two cups of coffee, my brain has now engaged.

Congratulations, Tom!  When's the wedding??

;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »

A few hours ago, my friend, Yosh, returned from his trip to Taiwan. He was there almost a full month to spend time with his family. We had talked about possible dinner options... However, right now, he's fallen asleep, so... Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »

I do not like football, college or otherwise.  I will, instead, watch a motion picture of some sort.

I'm just getting ready to go to the movies with my friend Margo.  We're going to see two, count 'em, TWO movies tonight.  First, we're going to see "Brave" and then an hour after that ends, "Hope Springs."  It'll be a late, but fun, evening.

Have a good day, all!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »

Good morning!  I'm up.  Actually I have been up for about three hours now; but after two cups of coffee, my brain has now engaged.

;)

Sorry, George, my brain is not allowed to marry another male brain in Washington State - yet!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2012, 03:17:05 PM »

Well, I've stretched and I've cooled down after my bike ride. Time for a shower and then dinner somewhere with someone... I guess... I hope.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

;)

Sorry, George, my brain is not allowed to marry another male brain in Washington State - yet!

Well, you can still at least have a ceremony.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »

;)

Well, you can still at least have a ceremony.

Hell no.  I will fly to New York instead.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

I like Ragtime too. Strangely enough - or maybe not so strangely - the one moment that gets to me every time is "Our Children". When I went to the closing performance of the recent revival, my eyes started to well up with tears as soon as the intro started. By the end of the first verse, I was a blubbering fool. Just such a beautiful and simple and hopeful(!) moment and song. -Damn, I'm starting to cry now just thinking of it.

That is how I feel about "Back to Before."  It gets me every time.

I love "Back to Before."  And the OBC of Rags is one of my all-time favorites.

Are you talking RAGS OR RAGTIME?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2012, 04:09:30 PM »

Oh...

R.I.P. Hal David

He was all set to attend the Kritzerland Bacharach show, but at the last minute he felt he was not up to it - I so wish he had.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »

I do not like football, college or otherwise.  I will, instead, watch a motion picture of some sort.

BK, is there any sport that you would sit down and watch on television?

I can't think of any.  If wrestling had not devolved from the fun thing it was when I was a kid, into whatever this amped up overhyped crap it is today, I'd watch that.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »

BK, is there any sport that you would sit down and watch on television?

I can't think of any.  If wrestling had not devolved from the fun thing it was when I was a kid, into whatever this amped up overhyped crap it is today, I'd watch that.

How about Women's Mud Wrestling?  Or maybe Women's Jello Wrestling?
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »

Sorry to hear about Hal David.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »

G'afternoon  G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »

Ugh, 3 more quarters of this game...

On the upside, it's finally raining in SW Ohio.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

Good day one and all...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2012, 06:07:39 PM »

Hi DR Dakota.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »

Today I saw a remnant of the Cold War. State Historical Society of North DAkota is preserving a deactivated launch control center and missile pad from a minuteman missile. It was eerie, interesting, and surreal. There is one also in South Dakota that is being preserved. The docent relayed a tale of one visitor who asked what a certain time was on a one of the panels. She replied it was to dail the phone...

Due to North Dakota's location it had over 300 missiles. AT one time, North DAkota was the third largest nuclear power.

http://history.nd.gov/historicsites/minutemanmissile/
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »

Been busy gleaning some lovely genealogy data a new found cousin sent me.. Fleshed out another line... This is a good thing...

Also, enjoying the nice weather while we have. The trees are starting to change color as a form of self-preservation from the drought. It is terribly dry here.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »

The 1980s movie, War Games, with Matthew Broderick makes reference to Grand Forks.  The site i visited was connected to the Bomber and missile wing located at the Grand Forks Air Force Base.

I grew up knowing about the missiles and stuff but was never able to see them or anything. There were always a lot of military peeps around. INterestingly, the weather could set off the security sensors as well as farm machinery.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2012, 06:16:56 PM »

I can only imagine that some had a sense of fear. They were highly trained for a job they hoped they never had to do: launch a missile.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2012, 06:17:57 PM »

I suggested to the Docent that they should see if they can locate a poster from the movie. There were some posters that made a reference to Grand Forks.

When they promoted the movie, they used Grand Forks as a marketing point in North Dakota.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »

Here is a blog that details Oscar-Zero a bit more...

http://oscarzero.wordpress.com/

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2012, 07:13:09 PM »

DR Dakota it sounds like you had an interesting day.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2012, 07:15:09 PM »

It was and I am still reflecting on it. I grew up a mere 60 miles from this particular one and there were some further east.

I suspect that missileers each day they took their shift prayed they were not the ones who had to turn the key on the president's order

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  You'd think it was Saturday night and a holiday weekend.  I am restless but resting.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »

I knew that Phantom in Vegas was closing tomorrow.  What I didn't know was THIS and it saddens me greatly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up