Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CROOKED NOTES  (Read 15876 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CROOKED NOTES
« on: July 24, 2004, 12:01:33 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've understood them despite they're being crooked and skewed, and now it is time to post until the cows that couldn't see straight come home. :o
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 12:04:02 AM by bk »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:CROOKED NOTES
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 12:07:29 AM »

Tom - Here's the non-answer to your last question:  I know nothing about turtles or their desires. I don't even know how they do "it" with those shells on. Do they come out? Does one go into the shell of the other. "Come and see my pad, sweetheart..."
I am ignorant of such matters. And on that note (b-flat) -- good-night.

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 12:12:00 AM »

I am still very much a tea drinker. I still hang on to old values. I still brew tea in a tea pot and do not use teabags. It is getting more difficult to buy leaf tea these days.
I still prefer the Twinings method of tea making (I have milk) and I put the milk in before the tea. I noticed that Harrods use this method too! I do not have sugar in my tea.

I do drink coffee - with or without milk but usually with sugar.

I drink wine at times but not often. Usually only when we have guests for dinner. Coke (diet often!) is my "soft" drink of choice. I have always prefered it to the other cola drinks.

Often I will order a lemon, lime and bitters as a refreshing drink.  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 12:12:49 AM »

Oh - As for beverages, in the morning I drink coffee - half-caf, half-decaf. I drink quite a bit of water with lemon.  I also like Diet Cherry Coke with lemon. My favorite drink as a kid was rasberry syrup with soda water. Yum. Other wildly interesting drinks will follow tomorrow which is actually today. Again, good-night.

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 12:13:54 AM »

Thank you Panni. The non answer is I am sure just as interesting. I now wonder if there are gay turtles who "come out" too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 12:44:10 AM »

Water is the most delicious beverage of them all, when you get right down to it.

Of course, I prefer it cold.

I am quite mad about iced tea, too!  No sugar, though.  I love the pure taste of the brew!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 12:46:36 AM »

Gay turtles, TomovOz?

I wonder.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 12:52:38 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Early Morning!

-I'm a bit tuckered out myself right now.  However, I'm not seeing anything crooked.  Hmmm... I wonder if there's a connection between seeting things crooked and drinking Diet Coke? ;)

Rehearsal was good tonight, and we were pleasantly surprised by one of our cast member's work tonight.

As for favorite beverages... Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Vanilla Coke, Diet Vanilla Coke (which I prefer over the regular stuff), Root Beet, Ginger Ale, Ginger Beer, Grape Nehi, Orange Nehi, Dr. Brown's Black Cherry, Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray, San Pelligrino Limonata, Orangina, iced tea, green tea, etc...

There's a line of "sodas" that started in Richmond that is actually just carbonated fruit juice.  I can't seem to recall the brand name right now, but they're quite good - and they just got a boost in business after being approved for sale in school cafeterias (since they're really just juice and not a sugar-loaded soda).  And there's Cricket Cola which is a green tea based cola.

OK - Well, now I'm just not seeing anything now and then... since my eyelids keep closing...  Time for bed...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 01:21:34 AM »

I love choreography!

Crooked notes....well....in spite of what may be going on....I think WHAT IF is well ahead of schedule!

FAvorite beverage Diet Pepsi, Diet Vanilla Pepsi, lemonade, Diet Vernor's, Diet Dr Pepper

AND when I was little Root Beer Kool Aid
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 04:12:34 AM »

Does any DR have any special method to use to learn lines for a play?  I expected to play a SMALLER part!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2004, 04:55:25 AM »

Hmmm... Let me think... What could possibly be my favorite beverage?

Oh yeah...

Cherry Coke!!

My second choice is usually Minute Maid orange soda. Grape Nehi is also very good, but hard to find.

And then of course there's the Cherry Coke float. It's like a root beer float, only with Cherry Coke and mint chocolate chip ice cream.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Michael

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2004, 05:06:23 AM »

From Montreal

One of my favorites and I don't see it in Many stores in Florida is Black Cherry. I used to drink it any time I had a smoke meat sandwich at the Main or Schwartz's. So I settle for Cherry Coke when I am in the states.

But other wise I perfer Diet Coke over regular coke (or any cola).

But other favorites from time to time are root beer, strawberry, orange.

I enjoy white wine over red. And when I have "hard" liquor which is rarely I prefer scotch.

I do enjoy milkshakes and my fav flavor is moca. (Only place to get it is Arby's) Next fav is strawberry.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 05:07:16 AM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2004, 05:13:05 AM »

From Montreal

Does any DR have any special method to use to learn lines for a play?  I expected to play a SMALLER part!

Do what Sean Combs did in the recent revival of Raisin In the Sun. Have an earpiece and have someone feed you the lines.

Although one time he did say send a taxi to 244 east 49th  Street. (Which wasn't a line in the play)

It seems the radio frequency got mixed in with the taxi calls.

Othe wise. Line by line repeatition. Get the first line down and when you do, add the next one and so on and so on.
Never stop dreaming.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2004, 05:13:41 AM »

"Settle" for Cherry Coke??????  :P

We passed through Texas yesterday and stopped at the world's largest cross. Has anyone else seen this thing? I'll post a picture later.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 06:48:24 AM »

Dang! It's cold and windy in the Bay Area this morning!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

After checking a few online "home" pages....

Why is it, I wonder, that I don't personally know a soul who "cares" one whit about Paris Hilton or any of her activities?

Should I really know -- or care -- who Nick Carter is?  I see the pix on TV and online and they look so vapid and vain and void of anything remotely resembling "interesting" characteristics.

I realize,  certainly, that the media is NOT any longer catering to my generation/age group -- but is the current target group as shallow as their idols appear to me to be????

Sigh...............................
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 06:50:24 AM by RLP »

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 06:53:09 AM »

Favorite beverages include iced coffee and hot coffee. I also enjoy fresh-squeezed orange juice, carbonated water with lemon or lime, and Dr. Brown's Black Cherry and Cel-Ray Tonic. I like green tea and some herbal teas. I don't care for any diet drinks. I enjoy a glass of cold ale on a hot day. I generally prefer red wine to white. My favorite cocktail is a Seabreeze.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2004, 07:20:37 AM »

I've watched a few musicals on DVD this week, in addition to "les parapluies de Cherbourg":

"Half A Sixpence" -- annoyingly bloated when it might have been quite charming.  The dance numbers just go on and on and on....

"Victor, Victoria" -- This remains, for me, a total joy!  Great performers in terrific roles...a mostly wonderful music score...I only want Julie to be a bit more believable as a "man", appearance-wise.  I buy into the conceit -- and gladly -- but it's like the dilemma with "Superman" -- are people REALLY so easily fooled?

"Mary Poppins" -- fresh, invigorating and rapturous -- mostly.  This movie works better -- IMO -- than "My Fair Lady" on most levels.  "Mary Poppins" is an enchanting original.

I have also watched a Canadian DVD of the film "Tim" with Mel Gibson and Piper Laurie.  A not-bad presentation, albeit a full-screen version of the 1979 Aussie film.  It's a tightly edited wallow with a fine early Gibson performance.  You see the "promise" of his coming career in every scene.

On deck:  "Soap" -- the Complete 2nd Season.

On CD: A 3-CD Bacharach set called "The Look of Love" featuring a slew of artists performing their "hit" versions of the songs.  Also, the BK-produced "Burt Bacharach Album."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 07:24:16 AM by RLP »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2004, 07:23:20 AM »

Thank you Panni. The non answer is I am sure just as interesting. I now wonder if there are gay turtles who "come out" too.
They probably do come out, but do so very slowly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2004, 07:25:42 AM »

They probably do come out, but do so very slowly.

I think the message here is, "Don't sit by the phone waiting for one of them to call you."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2004, 07:29:13 AM »

"Victor, Victoria" -- This remains, for me, a total joy!  Great performers in terrific roles...a mostly wonderful music score...I only want Julie to be a bit more believable as a "man", appearance-wise.  I buy into the conceit -- and gladly -- but it's like the dilemma with "Superman" -- are people REALLY so easily fooled?
Yes, they are, and there has been proof of this for decades.  It's called politics!   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2004, 07:35:02 AM »

Good morning.  Anybody ever drink soda water in the special seltzer bottles where you pushed down on the handle on the side and the water came out? I'm sure some DR will post a picture of what I'm talking about. That's what we always had around the house when I was a child in Hungary. In Toronto we had them, too. There was a Hungarian company which delivered "soda viz" once a week in wooden crates with ten bottles to a crate, as I recall. You returned the bottles at the end of the week and got a nice new batch.
Off for a walk before it gets hot.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 07:37:08 AM by Panni »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2004, 07:38:16 AM »

Re: Drinks

I limit myself to red wine these days, for the most part.  It's that chronic-depressive-self-medicating thing, so I have to limit my hard liquor consumption.  I still like Manhattans, but can't consume three or four the way I used to.

Non-alcoholic can be good.  I'm with RLP about unsweetened iced tea.  I don't understand the Southern thing about drinking sugar syrup, I really don't.  And we just bought a case of Diet Pepsi for me to take with lunch for work.  (At Sam's Club, a case of twenty-four 24 oz. bottles went for about 50 cents per bottle.  Compare that with $1.25 per from the vending machine!  That's a lot of mark-up!)

One new discovery this year, something I hadn't tried until we moved, is Birch Beer!  It's smoother than root beer, and very nice.  I don't know why we never saw it on the left coast.

Panni

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2004, 07:38:59 AM »

...Must've been every OTHER week. Ten bottles a week seems excessive, even for Hungarians.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2004, 07:43:52 AM »

As it happens, Panni, we sell cartridges at the store, ten per box, which charge bottles of water with CO2.  There's another cartridge for charging cream, I'm not sure what's in them, probably just oxygen.  They come ten cartidges per box; I'll check on how much the box costs.

I'll also check on what the bottles that hold the water cost.

The one thing that's rather sad is that the bottles these days are made of metal, and look nothing like the pretty crystal bottles we see in the movies of the 30s.  Nick and Nora would be heartbroken.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2004, 08:10:09 AM »

Have to get going.  I've got a full day at work scheduled, and it's raining!  So, with it being a weekend, and wet, there's going to be a lot of business going on!

What fun!   :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2004, 09:00:04 AM »

Almost got eight hours of sleep. Nice.  Or, as the kids say, sweet.  

Trying to figure out how to kill time because frankly I've had it with time.  I hate these Saturdays where I have to kill four hours - sometimes I have a lot to do and it's fine, but today I just want to relax yet I must be out and about or even about and out.  And next Saturday, when I could relax because she of the Evil Eye will not be here, I have to rehearse.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2004, 09:06:36 AM »

Good morning.  Anybody ever drink soda water in the special seltzer bottles where you pushed down on the handle on the side and the water came out? I'm sure some DR will post a picture of what I'm talking about. That's what we always had around the house when I was a child in Hungary. In Toronto we had them, too. There was a Hungarian company which delivered "soda viz" once a week in wooden crates with ten bottles to a crate, as I recall. You returned the bottles at the end of the week and got a nice new batch.
Off for a walk before it gets hot.

Reference:  Mr. Allan Sherman's parody of "Water Boy":  "Seltzer Man."
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2004, 09:09:35 AM »

Favorite cocktail:  Negroni.  

One part gin (Beefeaters is my preference), one part Compari, one part sweet vermouth, dash of bitters.  Shake with chipped ice and strain into martini glass.  Serve with slice of orange or lemon twist.

Jay

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2004, 09:11:28 AM »

For a glass full of pure nostalgia, nothing compares to an egg cream.

(And I will state once again for the record that said drink contains neither egg nor cream.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2004, 09:16:42 AM »

I used to have egg creams all the time when I lived in Brooklyn in 1969.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up