Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FLAVORS IN MY MOUTH  (Read 64315 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE FLAVORS IN MY MOUTH
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »

For DANCING WITH THE STARS fans (or fans of the musical CHICAGO on broadway), it seems like lisa rinna and her hubby harry hamlin will be playing roxie hart and billy flynn this summer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2007, 12:23:01 PM »

Annoying errand has been completed.  I guess I'll try to write a page or two pre lunch meeting, then package up stuff, then try to write a couple more pages.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »

In the strange things that happen on a Friday department - I just got a call from someone who's written a new musical, who has just offered me the lead in a staged reading in June.  Isn't that funny?  He's e-mailing me the script - not sure that this is something I really need to do, but if I were to like it, I'd certainly think about it.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2007, 12:42:39 PM »

Hello all from NY!

We had a very tiring day yesterday. We went to bed very late and then arose at 6AM to pack and cathc our flight. We got in at 1PM, dropper our stuff off at Peter's (another MILLER!) and headed to Gotham Sound where Greg went on a 2 hour shopping spree, getting those doo dads that sound guys love. I spent a little time at Colony Records and then we dined at the Edison (cheap, fast and not very tasty) and then had a wonderful time at CURTAINS. Afterwards we paid a late night visit to an old friend who is a neighbor of Fred and Skip. (I need to get the address, too!)

Went back to the VERY hot apartment for not enough sleep and then this morning did errands: hardware store, so Greg can do a little fix it stuff at Peter's, Lennie's bagels and then to Starbucks. My usual routine is to then walk to Riverside Park and have my bagel and cofee but this was the first time Greg has been there to go with me.

When we returned to the apartment, I received a call from my credit card company saying that someone had changed $600 worth of stuff at Macy's with my card, and they wondered if I was in NY. I then realized that during our travels my wallet had been stolen by a real pro. They got down to Macy's and used both of my credit cards, in a matter of minutes!

I couldn't believe it and had no idea how that could have happened as we weren't in a crowd of people.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »

We filed a police report and then walked back through the park, just in case, and went into the 96th Street subway, thinking that might be how this person got down to Macy's so fast. We poked through every trash can on the street and all the ones in the subway---looked on the tracks, too, just hoping to find my wallet. But then again, the perp had over $200 in my wallet, so he could have taken a cab, too.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »

Egad, DR Edisaurus - how awful!  :(  At least the credit card charges can be contained, but oh, the inconvenience.  Very sorry to hear this news.

Edisaurus

« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2007, 12:47:31 PM »

Then I had to jump through hoops to get a copy of my drivers liscense and passport---thankfully our cat sitter helped out with that---so that is how I spent my "day off".

At least tonight will be fun, meeting Ben, Ant and Larry! And some old Atlanta friends are coming to the late show, so we're looking forward to seeing everyone. I just wish I wasn't SO TIRED!

Edisaurus

« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »

We don't really have a room to take a nap as we're sleeping in Peter's office.

Miss Karen

« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2007, 12:50:52 PM »

Well, what a bummer experience for DR Edi -- multiple dysphemirical adjectives to that prep!!

(see, this is where the typo begins -- it should be perp here and in all the following -- erggg -- I can not type)...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 01:26:28 PM by Miss Karen »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2007, 12:51:21 PM »

Ah, DR Edi--sorry to read about your woes.  What a crappy thing to happen!

A pox on the jerk who took your wallet!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2007, 12:52:50 PM »

Oh, DR Edi, I'm so sorry your trip has started so eventfully.  Hope it gets better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »

Hopefully the person who stole the wallet will get hit by a very large truck, be dragged for a block, and spend the rest of his/her life in traction.

Miss Karen

« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »

Shopping at Macy's, heh?  Sounds like a girl prep ... which department might be telling...

Miss Karen

« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »

Well, what a bummer experience for DR Edi -- multiple dysphemirical adjectives to that prep!!

and throw in a few dysphemirical nouns, pronouns, and verbs too!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2007, 12:54:36 PM »

I know Fred said he was seeing the 5pm showing so we may see him leave as we arrive. There is a review of S & V in the New York Times today as well as short reviews in the two freebie morning rags Metro and AM New York.

We will look for Fred!

Some good reviews have come in, particlarly Variety, which comments on the structure and story telling, and actually mentions the editor! (First time I've ever seen my name in a review!)

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=print_review&reviewid=VE1117933239&categoryid=31

http://www.filmthreat.com/index.php?section=reviews&Id=9538

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/movies/ny-etsacc5149500mar30,0,1408646.story?coll=ny-moviereview-headlines

http://www.villagevoice.com/film/0713,hoberman,76216,20.html

Edisaurus

« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2007, 12:55:04 PM »

Sorry that I'm too tired to try and figure out how to do that linking thing...

Miss Karen

« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2007, 12:58:47 PM »

Hopefully the person who stole the wallet will get hit by a very large truck, be dragged for a block, and spend the rest of his/her life in traction.

..or gets caught and thrown in a holding cell with a couple of big ol' bubbas ...(oooo, sounds like us HHWers are very vengeful -- so not to be messed with...)...

Edisaurus

« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2007, 12:59:20 PM »

Thanks for wishing ill to the evil-doer.

The only thing that I am REALLY SAD about is that the wallet contained my father's wedding ring, which I carry with me when I need extra luck. (This was from his marriage to my mom...they're not married anymore but it has great sentimental value to me.)

The other thing that was in the same zippered compartment was a pendant that my mother gave me. It had her birthstone, mine and my GaGa's, all in one. That is my other lucky talisman.

So I will rely on the good vibes of the DR's to help us with our opening night.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »

Shopping at Macy's, heh?  Sounds like a girl prep ... which department might be telling...

Well, we're talkin' about New York here.  It ain't necessarily so.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »

Ben - i'm most likely not making it to the 5 pm show.  It's looking like I  need to be by the phone until 5:30 for tax office matters.  (I'm going to try to get to the movie during the week, probably when the tax stuff is quiet on Pesach.)

But I bought two tickets, so i contributed to the gross.  :)

Thanks so much, FJL! You are beyond generous!

And after the events of today, we sure will be grateful for a FREE MEAL!
:)  (My ATM card was another casualty!)

Miss Karen

« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

Sorry that I'm too tired to try and figure out how to do that linking thing...

...can you find DR ELmo's apt and take a nap on his sofa...or a Starbuck's or library or bookstore with those comfy chairs where you could sink down for a quick doze that might help re-energize...

singdaw

« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2007, 01:05:29 PM »

Don't hold back, bk - tell us how you really feel!   :-X

Edisaurus

« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2007, 01:05:43 PM »

When I was a kid, I had a cocker spaniel named Toby.  What breed is your Toby?

My GaGa had a cocker spanial named Toby. A very BIG one! (My grandfather, a doctor, gave him steroids!)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2007, 01:06:22 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~^~^~^~^~  VIBES FOR THE RETURN OF DR EDISAURUS' TALISMANS  ^~^~^~^~^~[/move]
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2007, 01:07:24 PM »

Love the new avatar, Matt!

I will have to go on Matthew's Extreme Body Makeover Diet before posting a new avatar. Note to NY photographers---high angle photos only!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2007, 01:10:52 PM »

Did the Randy Vicar put fruit compote ON his erector set, or was that an entirely different escapade?

That was from "The Randy Vicar and the Upright Cadets"

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Miss Karen

« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2007, 01:11:23 PM »

Thanks for wishing ill to the evil-doer.

The only thing that I am REALLY SAD about is that the wallet contained my father's wedding ring, which I carry with me when I need extra luck. (This was from his marriage to my mom...they're not married anymore but it has great sentimental value to me.)

The other thing that was in the same zippered compartment was a pendant that my mother gave me. It had her birthstone, mine and my GaGa's, all in one. That is my other lucky talisman.

So I will rely on the good vibes of the DR's to help us with our opening night.

...now that prep has really gone and done it!    -- that is sad -- all the other stuff can be replaced, but it's the sentimental things that make a theft really hurt...your lucky things may be gone, but I bet the good vibes from them are still with you -- I have a feeling GaGa is making sure of that!

singdaw

« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »

DR Edisaurus-

Congrats on the great reviews, the Variety mention, and...

[size=8][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***OPENING NIGHT VIBES***[/move][/size]

Your trip can only get better from here!

Edisaurus

« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2007, 01:13:06 PM »

Peter just left so I might see if I can snag 15 minutes worth of zzzzz's!

If I'm not back I will look for our dynamic trio at the theatre. (I hear the projection at the quads is pretty...well, not pretty)

Miss Karen

« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2007, 01:15:53 PM »

Well, we're talkin' about New York here.  It ain't necessarily so.

That is true -- but I was just thinking that some young punk prep would hit a different store, but goes to show what do I know (not much!!) ...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Up