Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT  (Read 33466 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

The way I've always used them is that the ooo's are hugs because it's like they encircle you and the xxx's are kisses because they're like when you pucker your lips. :-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2004, 05:30:56 PM »

I want to start a letter writing campaign to bring back Mint M&Ms all year round.

I'm with you TCB! I should have stocked up before the holiday's ended!

Was happy to find that my electricity was back on when I returned!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2004, 05:35:56 PM »

Mr. Barnum, I know it isn't  Ask DR Day, but have you ever met or interviewed Dave Draper?  If so, what is he like?  Also, since I am asking, do you think Gordon Scott was the best looking Tarzan, or do you have another nominee?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 05:38:28 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2004, 05:37:22 PM »

DRs TCB and MBarnum - They actually are available year round.  If you have a "specialty" candy store, they should be able to get them for you.  A friend of mine was able to order them for her wedding reception favors.  -If the store you go to has one of those M&Ms Colorworks "machines", they should be able to get them for you.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2004, 05:39:03 PM »

-Oh, and I thought they started phasing out the Crispy M&Ms - ????

I guess I could check that site.

*Oh, and the Mint Ones also pop back up at Easter - usually in pastel colors.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #275 on: January 08, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

DRs TCB and MBarnum - They actually are available year round.  If you have a "specialty" candy store, they should be able to get them for you.  A friend of mine was able to order them for her wedding reception favors.  -If the store you go to has one of those M&Ms Colorworks "machines", they should be able to get them for you.

Jose, you have answered my prayers.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2004, 05:43:34 PM »

Mr. Barnum, I know it isn't ask DR Day, but have you ever met or interviewed Dave Draper?  If so, what is he like?  Also, since I am asking, do you think Gordon Scott was the best looking Tarzan, or do you have another nominee?

I have not interviewed Dave Draper but I have been in contact with him. He helped with some info I needed for my Reg Lewis interview and he, in fact, outbid me on a muscle magazine that I needed for an article. He mailed it to me so that I could get some info out of it and make a copy of the cover to illustrate my article. He seems like a very nice guy and I did get him also to sign some photos for me, as well. He has his own website now.

Yes, I am partial to Gordon Scott, and he is my favorite Tarzan...but it might be a toss up as far as to who I think is the best looking Tarzan...I would have been more then pleased to swing on a vine with either Buster Crabbe or Mike Henry.

MBarnum

« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2004, 05:46:11 PM »

Danise, glad you are feeling better! And as for Sean Flynn, you can get some of his Italian sword and sandal films at www.sinistercinema.com and at www.moviesunlimited.com

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Ladies and Gentlemen...Mr. Sean Flynn[/move]

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2004, 05:48:10 PM »

Hmmmm....  Or should that be MM...

I just checked out:

http://www.mms.com

No mention about Mint M&Ms at all.  I may have to do some searching.  However, the whole ColorQuest and Color-less (black and white) m&ms promotion seems fun.  You can color lentils with crayons!

Oh, and it does seem the Crispy ones are here to stay.  As well as the Peanut Butter ones.  However, my favorite are still the almonds.  YUM!

OK - I'm finally off to dinner... Later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2004, 05:50:07 PM »

DRs TCB and MBarnum - If the chocolate store by me still has the Mint M&Ms, shall I stock up for you?
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #280 on: January 08, 2004, 05:51:31 PM »

Humm, my quick post went bye, bye.  In case it won't show up again, I said, "Wow! He WAS a looker, just like his dad! I'll have to check those sites out!".

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #281 on: January 08, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »

I have not interviewed Dave Draper but I have been in contact with him. He helped with some info I needed for my Reg Lewis interview and he, in fact, outbid me on a muscle magazine that I needed for an article. He mailed it to me so that I could get some info out of it and make a copy of the cover to illustrate my article. He seems like a very nice guy and I did get him also to sign some photos for me, as well. He has his own website now.

Yes, I am partial to Gordon Scott, and he is my favorite Tarzan...but it might be a toss up as far as to who I think is the best looking Tarzan...I would have been more then pleased to swing on a vine with either Buster Crabbe or Mike Henry.

Mike Henry had hair on his chest.  That was pretty unusual for Tarzan wasn't it?

What's your opinion of Lex Barker?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2004, 05:55:46 PM »

What about Mike Henry?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2004, 05:57:44 PM »

And speaking of Chocolate, I notice that chocoholic DR Jose is on the board. A man who has sampled the delights of OZ chocolate and probably knows why we have not much interest in Hershy (sp) and Whitmans here.

I don't have much interest in Hershy or Whitman's either. I'm surprised you have even heard of Whitman's.  What do you have there?

Danise

« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2004, 06:04:18 PM »

I just can't seem to picture a mouth looking like an X.  An  O, yes.  Hummm but the reason you gave, George, is the same one I got down at work.  Arms forming the hug.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #285 on: January 08, 2004, 06:06:48 PM »

Ann thanks for the nice picture.  The beach and warm weather sound very appealing at the moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2004, 06:06:53 PM »

DRs TCB and MBarnum - If the chocolate store by me still has the Mint M&Ms, shall I stock up for you?

P-L-E-A-S-E !
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #287 on: January 08, 2004, 06:08:25 PM »

Ya, I don't think too many of the Tarzan's had hairy chests...darn it! I used to have some serious day dreams about Mike Henry when I was a teenager!!!

I didn't think much of Lex Barker as Tarzan (although I actually haven't seen any of his jungle man movies since I was a kid), but I did like him in other movie roles. Good looking guy!

MBarnum

« Reply #288 on: January 08, 2004, 06:11:38 PM »

LOL Jose, I better pass! But thanks! It will be all I can do to get rid of the flab that has accumulated from my gorging on mint m&ms all season!

In fact I seriously need to be getting back to the gym...my New Years resolution (one of them, anyhow) is to get back to going to the gym on a regular basis...I have really slacked off this last year!  :(

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #289 on: January 08, 2004, 06:12:10 PM »

You can also pick and buy your own color combinations of M&Ms from www.colorworks.com .  There also is a link at www.m-ms.com to the colorworks site.  It's pretty darned cool!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #290 on: January 08, 2004, 06:13:54 PM »

BK, I just read that Ingrid Thulin passed away yesterday in Stockholm Sweden...as many DRs will know, she plays a big part in BENJAMIN KRITZER.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #291 on: January 08, 2004, 06:15:51 PM »

Oh....Ingrid Thulin - whose face was so beautiful in FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE with Angela's Lansbury's voice coming out of it.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #292 on: January 08, 2004, 06:16:24 PM »

Re: skating jumps - the Salchow is named after its inventor, a Swedish skater named Ulrich Salchow; similarly, the Axel was created by Axel Paulson.

</geek>
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

MBarnum

« Reply #293 on: January 08, 2004, 06:21:28 PM »

Ingrid Thulin
1929-2003

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #294 on: January 08, 2004, 06:22:17 PM »

Re: skating jumps - the Salchow is named after its inventor, a Swedish skater named Ulrich Salchow; similarly, the Axel was created by Axel Paulson.

LC, that makes no sense.  They should have named them the Ulrich and the Axel; or the Salchow and the Paulson.  No wonder figure skating is in the shape that it is in!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #295 on: January 08, 2004, 06:25:26 PM »

So sorry to hear about my beloved Ingrid Thulin.  I'm glad I got to pay tribute to her in Benjamin Kritzer.

I'm home, and cookin' up CHICKEN after doing a triple Sal Cow.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2004, 06:27:17 PM »

So sorry to hear about my beloved Ingrid Thulin.  I'm glad I got to pay tribute to her in Benjamin Kritzer.

I'm home, and cookin' up CHICKEN after doing a triple Sal Cow.

BK, did you ever hear from Miss Thulin after the book came out?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2004, 06:28:48 PM »

Ya, I don't think too many of the Tarzan's had hairy chests...darn it! I used to have some serious day dreams about Mike Henry when I was a teenager!!!

Yes, that is the way I felt about Chuck Conners.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #298 on: January 08, 2004, 06:34:16 PM »

Well, off to dress rehearsal.  Good night, one and all.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #299 on: January 08, 2004, 06:35:54 PM »

DR Jane: In the "Everyday" chocolates category, Cadbury would rule in Oz. Lindt is very popular as are Begian chocolates. We do have our own specialst companies such as Newmans who do prduce excellent confections.
Whitman Samplers attempted to break into the Oz market a few Christmases ago. The box was attractive but people did not go back for more! too sickly sweet and not smooth enough.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up