Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T HOLD THE MAYO DAY  (Read 15734 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DON'T HOLD THE MAYO DAY
« on: May 05, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had mayo to spare, and now it is time for you to post until the cinco cows come home - for them it's Cinco de Mooyo.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: DON'T HOLD THE MAYO DAY
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 12:10:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLOCCULENT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:14:33 AM »

As promised, I'm giving you loyal dear readers the jump on the next Kritzerland release.  Because I already know what my big online dealer is taking of this title, it's going to sellout very quickly.  You know the routine - if you'd like to pre preorder, send 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping (I'm really trying not to raise the shipping price, but we'll see what happens when the rates go up on Monday - hopefully we won't have to - but even if we do, you'll get the old rate) via paypal.com to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  Also, mum's the word - we're not officially announcing until next Monday or Tuesday. 

THE WHOLE WORLD LOVES TOM JONES!  ACADEMY AWARD-WINNER FOR BEST SCORE OF 1963!

Kritzerland is proud to present its newest limited edition CD – the original motion picture soundtrack from Tom Jones, with music by John Addison.   

Tom Jones hit movie screens in 1963, the era of the kitchen sink/angry young man dramas from England.  Gritty, realistic, naturalistic films like Room At The Top and Look Back In Anger – those were all the rage.  So, how did a low-budget period film adapted from a classic Henry Fielding novel find an audience and become one of the most critically lauded and popular comedies, not only of 1963, but of all time?  How did this little upstart film capture the hearts and tickle the funny bones of the world, receiving ten Academy Award nominations, and taking home the prize in four rather impressive categories – Best Picture, Best Director, Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium, and Best Music, Score – Substantially Original (yes, that was the real category name), against such competition as Hud, Cleopatra, How The West Was Won, Lilies Of The Field, Fellini’s 8 ˝, Love With The Proper Stranger, This Sporting Life, The L-Shaped Room, The Birds, The Great Escape, and some other pretty terrific films?  Would anyone in his or her right mind have predicted this freewheeling ribald romp would become the film sensation it became?

A good deal of credit must go to composer John Addison, who came up with a score that was as fresh, vibrant, ravishing, rowdy, and raucous as the film.  Whether it’s the harpsichord accompaniment to the silent-movie opening, or the gorgeous love theme for Tom and Sophie, or any of the other wonderfully melodic themes he created, it’s no surprise he not only won the Academy Award, but also that the Tom Jones soundtrack was a huge best-selling album on United Artists Records.

The original LP was released in both stereo and mono – or was it?  For years, it’s been presumed that the stereo tapes were lost, because only the mono album master was in the vaults of MGM.  However, as anyone who owned the stereo pressing knew, it wasn’t stereo at all – both LP releases, despite what the album cover said, were mono – no stereo tapes ever existed – the score was recorded and released in mono only.  The original LP sequence had nothing to do with the way the music was presented in the film – the tracks were wildly out of film sequence order, cues were edited together, and for the most part the track titles had no correlation to what the music was actually accompanying in the film.  For this release, we have put the tracks in film order, and we’ve unearthed the film’s original “End Titles” music, herein released for the first time.  The track titles have been changed to reflect how the music is actually used in the film.  As a bonus, we also include the entire original LP sequence.   

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CDs will ship the third week of June – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:13:52 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:16:50 AM »

Because we had access to amazing color stills, I decided to go ahead and spend a little more money and make the entire booklet color.  It will be very attractive.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:21:01 AM »

After seeing the post above, I can't remember the words to, I Want to Eat your Face.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:23:44 AM »

:-* :-* :-* HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GEORGE AND GEORGE II  :-* :-* :-*
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:26:08 AM »

Goodnight.

Have an absolutely great birthday George.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »

Thanks, Sam!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George #2

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 12:27:56 AM »

Thanks, Sam!

;)

George

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »

Freaky, huh??

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »

And thanks for the Birthday Wishes in the Notes, BK!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 12:34:04 AM »

Who will be the first to order Tom Jones?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 12:34:34 AM »

And the answer is - Sam.

George

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 12:36:16 AM »

I've just ordered "Tom Jones!" :)

Ben

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 03:08:17 AM »

Happy Birthday to George!

DAW

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 03:13:08 AM »

A BIG HAINESHISWAY.COM BIRTHDAY CHEER TO OUR VERY OWN GEORGE AND ALSO HIS TWIN, GEORGE II!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 03:41:38 AM »

Good morning, all! I've been up since 5:30, and in about 40 minutes I'll take the subway down to Penn Station. I will be E&T for the next three days while I play in DC with friends from the Library of Congress and several orchestrators I know.

TOM JONES is one of my favorite movies and I want this CD! I can't do a thing about it till the weekend, BK, so hold one for me.

Now I need to make the bed, tote the garbage to the basement, and pack.

Hold the fort down.

Happy Birthday, DR George!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 04:26:05 AM »

I am sure there are still people out there that will want to order this Tom Jones

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 04:28:10 AM »

By the restricted rating it looks like a poster used in Ontario

Clarify

Ontario Canada

not California
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:48:43 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 04:33:25 AM »

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:46:35 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 04:36:55 AM »

Larry is on his way to Penn Station or he's already there. Happy Train Travels and have fun in DC!!!

See you on Friday (I assume).

Ben

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 04:38:26 AM »

Kosovo, PRIs, Gordon and Betty Moore, Grant Guides, Kresge, meetings for an hour and a half where we discussed about 15 minutes of worthwhile information. AHHH!!! My head is exploding.

FJL

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 05:10:21 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to dear George!  I don't know George II, so I'll send a double dose of birthday wishes to our DR George!

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 05:10:28 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I'm off to Dayton today for 2 meetings (chapter & board) of the Miami Valley chapter of the American Association of Grant Professionals.  It's a festive day, because the chapter is celebrating its 5th anniversary.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 05:10:49 AM »

Intact head vibes to Ben

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 05:10:58 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR George and his twin George II.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 05:11:00 AM »

Travel vibes to Larry

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 05:11:40 AM »

Travel vibes to dear DR Elmore!

FJL

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 05:11:47 AM »

Happy Dayton anniversary day to Ginny

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 05:29:23 AM »

Thanks, DR FJL!  Hope I wasn't supposed to do anything except the certificates for the past-presidents...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up