Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HUNCHBACK OF STUDIO CITY  (Read 43512 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE HUNCHBACK OF STUDIO CITY
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2008, 01:09:44 PM »

When my friend Jeff dropped by yesterday, he brought me a bag of Hershey's chocolate cherry kisses. I had never had these before, and I must say they are very addictive. Damn him!  :)

I introduced my wonderful sister-in-law JoAnn, who loves cherry cordials, to them in November.  She was in heaven.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2008, 01:10:16 PM »

Now that we're to the 13th day of Christmas, I've been allowed to put decorations away (actually, I started on the evening of the 12th day, but don't tell...).  Took advantage of the warm weather and got the lighted garlands and bows off the front porch rail.  Richard and I just "switched the dishes," putting all the Christmas pieces in the cupboard above the refrigerator and replacing them with the dishes we use the other 46 weeks of the year.  Tonight, when I want to be in the family room watching the OSU/LSU (Go Blue Bucks!) national championship game, I'll dismantle the mantle.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »

The other episode was directed by star Emily Deschnel's father Caleb (more reknowned as a cinematographer), and since they were on the commentary track, I listened to it this time instead of watching the episode. Fun stuff.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2008, 01:13:19 PM »

Then I began watching SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH. I got through five episodes (or was it six)? None of them very funny, of course, though I do love Salem the cat and his sarcasm which is sort of sub-Paul Lynde-ish.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »

After lunch I toddled over (do people still toddle, besides me that is?) over to Academy and found two discs of interest:

Martin & Blane sing Martin and Blane. It's album recorded in 1956 and it was released by DRG in 1994. I have a lot of the "First Name Composer" Sings "Last Name Composer" (Sammy Sings Fain, Cole Sings Porter, etc.) but I didn't know about this one. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

I like those CDs, too.  I just don't have too many of them.  Anyway, I recently purchased (but have not yet received) the P.S. Classics title, Jonathan Sings Larson.  It's a CD/DVD combo.  It sounds like it'll be a great CD.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »

The show didn't usually have guest stars, but the two reasonably well known faces to guest on the show in the episodes I have watched thus far are Donald Faison (now one of the stars of SCRUBS) and Dom DeLuise.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »

Updated clothing check:

Brown shoes, with black sole. Khaki pants. and this shirt which I just got the other day (thanks Ebay!)

Nice shirt! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:39 PM »

Of course, DR td, er . . . . Martin Mull is a recurring actor on the show this season as the high school principal who always gives Sabrina trouble.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »

In the "I didn't see this coming" department, MSNBC is reporting that "Heroes'" Peter Petrelli and Claire Bennett (Save the Cheerleader, Save the World) are now a real-life item!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:33:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »

The other episode was directed by star Emily Deschnel's father Caleb (more reknowned as a cinematographer), and since they were on the commentary track, I listened to it this time instead of watching the episode. Fun stuff.

Caleb's wife is actress Mary Jo Deschanel, and they also have daughter Zooey who starred in th Sci-Fi mini-series "Tin Man" last month.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:38:35 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2008, 01:40:20 PM »

Lunch was fun.  The entire staff, excepting my boss, when to our local eatery "Oasis" and partook of specials.  Three had the grilled salmon, another had chicken dijon, and I had the chicken Caesar salad.

Scrumptious, all of it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »

I checked in with the courts prior to lunch.  I am excused for the next year.

Apparently, they had zero jury calls for today (and the courts have gone to a One-Day, One-Trial form of dealing with jurors).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2008, 01:42:01 PM »

Tonight, when I want to be in the family room watching the OSU/LSU (Go Blue Bucks!) national championship game, I'll dismantle the mantle.

When LSU trounces those Bucks, I'll bet that mantle gets truly dismantled!

:D

Ginny

« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »

When LSU trounces those Bucks, I'll bet that mantle gets truly dismantled!

:D

No-o-o-o, DR Ron, I'm only rooting for the Bucks tonight because I know how much it means to some co-workers.  This true-Blue Michigan Wolverine gets pretty sick of having the Scarlet & Grey crammed down our throats.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »

No-o-o-o, DR Ron, I'm only rooting for the Bucks tonight because I know how much it means to some co-workers.  This true-Blue Michigan Wolverine gets pretty sick of having the Scarlet & Grey crammed down our throats.

I've been sour on OSU since Woody Hayes struck that Clemson player in the Gator Bowl back in 1978.  That was the end-of-the-line for Hayes, too, as he was put out to pasture.  Clemson won the national championship a few years later, though, so that was sweet.

It wouldn't matter who the opposing team is, though...I just want to see LSU win.  I think Louisiana needs it more than any other state/school.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:53:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2008, 01:51:01 PM »

For those who don't remember it, or who never heard about it, here is a YouTube clip of the play...Clemson intercepts an OSU pass....the Clemson player runs it back and few yards and then goes out in the middle of the OSU sideline.  Hayes, in the dark ballcap, delivers a chop to the player's neck and then bedlam breaks out.

Hayes was fired the next day!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2008, 01:55:22 PM »

Where'd everybody go?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »

Is everyone on the road?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »

Is this the east coast end-of-the-workday lull?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2008, 02:03:29 PM »

Blue jeans, pink sweater, and a dust mask.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2008, 02:03:30 PM »

For those who don't remember it, or who never heard about it, here is a YouTube clip of the play...Clemson intercepts an OSU pass....the Clemson player runs it back and few yards and then goes out in the middle of the OSU sideline.  Hayes, in the dark ballcap, delivers a chop to the player's neck and then bedlam breaks out.

Hayes was fired the next day!

Ah, yes, I remember it well!  Richard and I were dating then and had just returned to my apartment from a movie.  We turned on the TV just in time to see the whole thing live.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »

TOD: I love pasta.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »

Where'd everybody go?

They're all looking at that clip on YouTube that you posted.  And watching it over and over and over and over again and again and again and again and again...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »

Blue jeans, pink sweater, and a dust mask.

But what color is the dust mask?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2008, 02:07:36 PM »

Shocking moment in collegiate sports - that doesn't seem so shocking anymore.  But I guess it just goes to show that one moment can destroy a lifetime of work and achievement.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2008, 02:08:08 PM »

Gloomy day, but the temperature is so nice.

DR GINNY - deadlines are just suggestions.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2008, 02:15:41 PM »

But what color is the dust mask?

Dust.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I have yet to make it out of the apartment... :-\

However, during the interim, I've followed up on two potential work leads, booked two more audition sessions, bought my plane tickets to and from Memphis for the upcoming UPTAs, taken a shower, gotten dressed, etc., etc., etc.

And now I'm checking to see if there's anything I'd like to see tonight.  I really am interested in seeing Teri Ralston at The Metropolitan Room tonight, but for some unexplained reason, I'm in the mood for some opera tonight.  Maybe it's all the talk of pasta today here on HHW.  -Alas, tonight's presentation at The Met is Wagner's "Die Walküre", and that's 5 hours of Wagner.  -Which for some, is five hours too many.  However, the curtain time is 6:30 (ends at 11:30), and I may see if anyone is giving an extra ticket on the Plaza.  And if not, I still have plenty of time to head elsewhere.  -It's also Splash's first Musical Mondays of 2008 too, so... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »

Well. I need to go clean the dining room. I didn't get to it this morning. Then, I'll be back with Sabrina and Harvey (the adorable Nate Richert).

Matt H.

« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2008, 02:17:36 PM »

Oops (Spoo)!

WBBL.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up