Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THIRD MOVEMENT  (Read 28527 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE THIRD MOVEMENT
« on: November 27, 2007, 12:25:53 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had many movements, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently having a movement.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 12:14:51 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE THIRD MOVEMENT
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 12:27:53 AM »

And the word of the day is: OBLATION!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 01:50:05 AM »

Topic of the Day:  Everything written by BK!  And I'm not just saying that. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 01:55:20 AM »

Last night's rehearsal went...long. ::) It'll tighten up as opening night (THIS Friday!! :o) approaches, but I think it's as short a script as it's gonna be.  I got there at about 6:45 PM, we didn't start the run until about 8:20 or so and we didn't leave until 12:05 (after notes)!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 01:55:51 AM »

I did my act one costume changes but not the act two changes.  They're simple, but I need to bring a pull-over sweater, a shirt and another dinner-type jacket tonight and then I'll have all my costume pieces.  I don't have any real quick changes, but a couple that I have to do backstage (I'm not the only one), but fortunately, I'll have at least two or three pages to do them. :)

George

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 02:12:16 AM »

Happy Birthday DF(ormer) Reader, divarobbie! :)

Michael

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 03:48:16 AM »

TOD

Bret Haillday's Michael Shayne mysteries. (what else?)
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 04:48:48 AM »

T.O.D.

A leather-bound, special limited edition of A NIGHT TO REMEMBER signed by the author, the late Walter Lord.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 05:10:06 AM »

And The Song Of The Day Is:  CELEBRATION

(Thank You Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 05:12:51 AM »

Good morning, all! I've got another day on the Men's Chorus charts. Yesterday was a difficult one: a big band chart for Kelli O'Hara, yhe guest artiste and the boys, only not enough saxes and not enough brass.  Then you have to think too hard to make it work since it will never sound right or big enough.  Oy.

Today's number is one that calls for a marching  band sound.  Hopefully it will be easier.

Now tha I've got the carbon monoxide detector, I'm feeling no effects.  Perhaps my stove is okay. Chalk it up as one more anxiety transfer.

TOD: Perhaps later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 05:13:38 AM »

What about a standing oblation?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 05:15:21 AM »

Very cool here this morning, and of course it is a work day.

TOD:

First editions:

ATLAS SHRUGGED
WILL THERE REALLY BE A MORNING?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 05:15:50 AM »

Nice pictures yesterday from DRS ELMORE, td, and LAURA.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 05:44:13 AM »

Off to work.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 05:51:26 AM »

Ob-La-Di,
Ob-La-Dah,
Ob-La-Day-Tion!
La-La, how the life goes on!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 06:01:21 AM »

I've a copy of the Good Housekeeping Cookbook, circa 1940, which belonged to my father when he was in college and which he passed on to me.

It's not in very good shape, but I love it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 06:01:30 AM »

I've got the laundry in and I have to raise hell with my bank in a few minutes.  Here are my beloved brother Randy and my wonderful sister-in-law JoAnn.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 06:03:11 AM »

If you ever wondered what Lady Macbeth looked like, she's more of a blond now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 06:04:34 AM »

My great-nephews Chase, who's 4 now, and Jaden, who just turned 2.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 06:14:42 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I feel like I could have used another hour of sleep.  Ah, well.  Just means a nice afternoon nap will be coming my way, well, this afternoon. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 06:20:27 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Well, if Music Books count - My complete Henle hardcover edition library that I splurged on while I was in college.  They were offering a special deal on the whole series - at least the piano works - and I took it.  It was set up as a sort of subscription.  You received three to five books every couple of weeks.  This way you did not have to drop a whole chunk of change at once.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 06:21:19 AM »

And now it's time for me to hop on the A Train to play a few hours of auditions.  Afterwards, I'm hoping to make it down to Chelsea to get my hairs cut since I'm about a week or two overdue for a trimming.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 06:24:49 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Back to work today after my 6-day Thanksgiving break.

Today is my mother's 89th birthday and she's on a bus trip to Branson, Missouri, for the week.  Here's her line-up of shows:

Today - matinee, Andy Williams Christmas; evening, Showboat Branson Belle Holiday Show

Tomorrow - morning, Spirit of Christmas; matinee, Gatlin Brothers/Lennon Sisters Holiday; evening, Mannheim Steamroller
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 06:34:32 AM »

Last night, I went through the first disc of six in the Doctor Who - Complete Third Series set.  Along with outtakes (funny) and deleted scenes (not funny), the first disc contains the second Doctor Who Christmas Special - The Runaway Bride, which introduces Brit comic actress Catherine Tate as Donna Noble.  She didn't stick with the Doctor for the Third Series, but will be returning for the Fourth Series, which should take the show in some interesting new and abrasive directions.

Also on the disc is a full-hour Doctor Who Confidential: Music and Monsters, detailing the efforts at staging a concert of Murray Gold's music for the series.  Reading about our esteemed BK's problems in producing his recent Schwartz/Menkin tribute, what executive producer Julie Gardner pulled off seems easy in comparison... even if she was putting on a show for an audience of 2000 at the Millenium Centre in Cardiff, Wales, with the performing talents of the BBC National Orchestra of Wales plus a chorus and gobs of stunt performers in costume and special effects and a screen for edited visuals from the television show.  And it was done as a fundraiser for Children in Need.  But Gardner had the clout of the BBC working for her, compared to the services that Cason and Adrianna gave our esteemed one.  Still, it's an interesting hour for putting things in perspective.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 06:35:29 AM »

If you ever wondered what Lady Macbeth looked like, she's more of a blond now.
What a terrible thing to say about a horse!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 07:02:09 AM »

TOD:

Tough, I've many books, some have a greater personal value than others which have more monetary value.  Here's a few that I value the highest:

my two first editions of SHE by H. Rider Haggard.

A first edition of TARZAN OF THE APES by Edgar Rice Burroughs, with his autograph tipped in.

A signed limited edition of SCARAMOUCHE by Rafael Sabatini.

A doubly-signed copy of THE BRETHREN by Rider Haggard to John Hays Hammond.

A signed Limited Edition of BEAU GESTE by P.C. Wren.

A first of THE PRINCESS BRIDE by William Goldman.

My latest coup was discovering an American first of THE TRIUMPHS OF EUGENE VALMONT by Robert Barr (1906)...a somewhat seminal piece of detective fiction...for $3.50 in an old bookstore here in Kentucky.  I found only two copies online, one going for $150; the other $250.

FJL

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 07:15:51 AM »

Jose - Is the Christmas Carol that's at NY's Town Hall on December 11, 10:30 a.m. the one Jason is in?  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 07:17:39 AM »

...A first of THE PRINCESS BRIDE by William Goldman....
With Goldman's interjections in red, I trust.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 07:19:11 AM »

Good morning, everyone.

TOD:
I have no first editions.

I do, however, have a great many books. I love to buy books, but hate to get rid of them. Given the cost of real estate these days, I am forced to purge what I can, which is always difficult for me.

Yes, BK's books are at the top of my Valued list. My Laurie King books aren't far behind, then Minette Walters, esp THE ICE HOUSE, which still mesmerizes me. In non-fiction, Philip Bailey's HOMEOPATHIC PSYCHOLOGY is one I'd dearly hate to lose.

Given the availability of used books on the Internet, maybe I don't hold onto books quite as tightly as I used to. Well, maybe, maybe not.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 07:26:33 AM »

Today I am off to the dentist. A few weeks ago I had a dream about having my teeth drilled--a sort of MARATHON MAN dream. Most unseemly! The drilling was on the right side of my mouth. A few days later I noticed a rough spot right there on the right side. Upon further investigation, I found that I am missing part of at least one tooth. Ugh! We'll see what the dentist says. I seldom remember my dreams, and now, of course, I'm thinking that it wasn't just a dream.

Anyone else have experiences like this?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up