Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM  (Read 36172 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM
« Reply #270 on: March 14, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »

Hmm..  So, Sherlock actually went after something "disgusting"?  Hmm... ????

Dogs often like to roll in disgusting stuff, a favorite is raccoon shit.::) :P  He only got it on his chest and neck so I'm not sure it wasn't an accident.

I have this great stuff called Odormute.  It is a powder you mix with warm water.  It cleaned him up nicely and got rid of the stinky
odor.:)  

This was the first time I've used it on Sherlock, not bad since I purchased it before we got him.  That reminds me, I need to get Skunk Out, or something like that, before it is skunk season.  I can use the Odormute but I think the stuff just for skunks works better.

FJL

« Reply #271 on: March 14, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »

Toby and Dylan just came back from shooting a cameo appearance in an independent film.

Coincidentally, the film is directed by a fellow named Paul Haber, of BK's WHAT IF? fame.

Also in the film is Michael Thomas Holmes, whom I believe I may have met very very briefly when Jose took us backstage at ALL ABOUT US in Westport.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:29:17 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »

Skip came back with Toby and Dylan, of course.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 06:25:57 PM by FJL »

Tomovoz

« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2008, 06:20:37 PM »

TOTD - continued.

Another plug for my new favourite pop singer from Wales.

Duffy - "Rockferry".    WONDERFUL

Check out the tracks "Warwick Avenue" and "Mercy"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2008, 06:23:28 PM »

Off to play the second to last performance of Once On This Island.  I've become quite fond of the show (and proud of my keyboard programming) that I'm sorry to see it go tomorrow.  I think it's one that I could do for a long time without being bored.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #275 on: March 14, 2008, 06:25:28 PM »

Isn't this the movie to be watched on Palm Sunday!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2008, 06:29:42 PM »

Toby and Dylan just came back from shooting a cameo appearance in an independent film.

Coincidentally, the film is directed by a fellow named Paul Haber, of BK's WHAT IF? fame.

How fun!  What did they do, following people around and beg for food, all the while looking sweet and irresistible?

Jane

« Reply #277 on: March 14, 2008, 06:49:34 PM »

Good news in Oregon for dogs:

We have a new bill which outlaws attending a dogfight, advertising one, possessing dogfighting paraphernalia or offering to sell dogfighting equipment.

The crimes are defined as felonies with penalties of up to five years of in prison, or a fine of $125,000, or both.

FJL

« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »

I'll have to get the details.  Not sure if it's a short movie, or a feature-length, but it's definitely independent and low-budget.

Jane

« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »

I'm off to watch something.  I don't know what.  Last night we watched THE JANE AUSTIN BOOK CLUB.  I read the book awhile back and didn't expect Keith to like the movie, or that I would care if he turned it off.  We were both pleasantly surprised to find the movie delightful.  I'm sure much of our pleasure was due to the wonderful cast.

'night

Jane

« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2008, 07:02:03 PM »

FJL, I look forward to reading the details tomorrow.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »

I return for the first time in days and who do I see but DR Bretty!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2008, 07:10:38 PM »

Between The Closer and taking care of poor DH Greg who is having his first (and we hope last) kidney stone. I've never seen someone in so much pain.

Drink lots of water, everyone! And please send vibes to my DH. He's much better today but the stone is still there, according to the xrays. I think it just left the kidneys and is on its way somewhere else.

At least he has some ogod pain pills!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2008, 07:11:03 PM »

Well, shoot---there went Bretty.

Edisaurus

« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2008, 07:12:45 PM »

We were just out looking for a lost dog that our neighborhood association sent a shout out about. It got very stormy so we were trying to find him, since he's an old dog and might be scared of thunder. The president of the neighborhood group saw us and told us to get indoors...there was a tornado warning!

All is calm now.

Edisaurus

« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2008, 07:16:03 PM »

DH and I did laundry tonight. Must be a HHW thing!

Edisaurus

« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »

I have this great stuff called Odormute.

Something to make malamutes smell better?

Edisaurus

« Reply #287 on: March 14, 2008, 07:18:19 PM »

OK, I'm going back in time to ketchup...just was ohping to say hi to Bretty. He's looking svelte...and...naked???

FJL

« Reply #288 on: March 14, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »

Great to see you, Amy

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #289 on: March 14, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

Between The Closer and taking care of poor DH Greg who is having his first (and we hope last) kidney stone. I've never seen someone in so much pain.

Drink lots of water, everyone! And please send vibes to my DH. He's much better today but the stone is still there, according to the xrays. I think it just left the kidneys and is on its way somewhere else.

Having been thru several bouts with kidney stones myself, ogod pain pills is exactly what he is going to need!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~PASSING HEALTH VIBES~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »

Apparently, it's a short film, less than 30 minutes.  

The scene that was shot with Toby and Dylan is the very end of the film, ostensibly outside a Manhattan theater, with the actors walking and the dogs sashaying away from the camera.  

FJL

« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »

Health vibes to Greg.  

My first and (so far) only kidney stone was about ten years ago, and the pain was so intense that I thought I was not much longer for this world until it was diagnosed as "just" a kidney stone.

FJL

« Reply #292 on: March 14, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »

Thanks heavens for Tylenol with codeine; the stone passed but I felt no pain when it passed because of the drug.

FJL

« Reply #293 on: March 14, 2008, 07:39:47 PM »

Bretty's not naked, he's....half-naked   (almost a King and I reference)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:40:03 PM by FJL »

Edisaurus

« Reply #294 on: March 14, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »

Better unplug the computer---another t-storm is on the way!

BBL!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #295 on: March 14, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

After I got the kitchen floor mopped, I settled in for some good evening entertainment.

I began by watching a favorite episode of THE CLOSER's second season, the one that had Ray Wise coming in to help Brenda through her deposition in Pope's child custody hearing leading to his divorce. The murder plot was good, too, but the Ray Wise scenes (only two of them, sad to say) were just superb.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #296 on: March 14, 2008, 08:12:47 PM »

I've passed four of them in my life, so I know EXACTLY what he's struggling through. It's been quite awhile since my last one, however.

Matt H.

« Reply #297 on: March 14, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »

Next, I put in another favorite gay-themed movie - A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM which I hadn't watched in some time and enjoyed it all over again. The last scene with Chad Allen and Sebastian Spence is so sweet and real. The two actors have a genuine camaraderie and affection with one another that's a real pleasure to see.

Matt H.

« Reply #298 on: March 14, 2008, 08:19:30 PM »

And then, SWEENEY TODD. The DVD is very sharp and looks just as it did in the theater, but, of course, because it's just standard definition, tight line structures just don't resolve well, and we get aliasing in wrought iron and the parallel lines on Sweeney's leather coat. Also on the pier in "By the Sea" and Johanna's birdcage. Small but distracting when it pops up. Most of it looks just fine, however.

BUT, if you have a surround sound system in your home, you're going to be THRILLED with the Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding. The orchestrations have been beautifully realized in the available channels, the subwoofer is used as much as it would be in a big action blockbuster, and yet all this sound never overpowers the singing. A truly remarkable soundtrack.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #299 on: March 14, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »

I am thinking that Mimi is the Hot Box Girl who walks in Adelaide's dressing room while Nathan is there and asks about a lost earring. But I could be wrong.

You are most likely right. I spoke to another cast member today who said that the director felt I was too young to play opposite any of the men who auditioned. (I was a good 10-15 years younger than most of the folks at callbacks). She was concerned that I wouldn't accept a dancer role, but I'm just happy to be back in a theater production of any kind. But I have to admit that it was nice to hear that feedback.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up