Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: MUCH ADO ABOUT THE DO  (Read 24583 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: MUCH ADO ABOUT THE DO
« Reply #390 on: December 24, 2009, 08:43:16 PM »

PAGE FOURTEEN
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #391 on: December 24, 2009, 08:49:09 PM »

Just finished my basic review of DIDO AND AENEAS, the new version coming out in two weeks with William Christie conducting Les Arts Florissants.  This review was easier to plagiarize since I had written a review of the Royal Opera House DIDO AND AENEAS which came out a week or two ago.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #392 on: December 24, 2009, 09:18:19 PM »

We are back from Lima where Fr. Richard did a wonderful office of lessons and carols followed by a Christmas Eve mass.  I went with 40 bags of caramel corn and came home with 6 - well, 7 if you count the one we ate in the car.  We've played Santa, had a snack, and now we're watching today's service from the Vatican.  I'm about to nestle snug in my bed.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:26:20 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #393 on: December 24, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »

Since we haven't had a parody of "Something Greater" from APPLAUSE in a while, here's "Subway Grating"

A sudden stream that's flowing
From some New Years tourist
That subway grating

A yellow tinge that's showing
It isn't the purest
That subway grating

The stunning gold of showers
That gets New Yorkers smirking
Like some head waiter

It may go on for hours
With pumps that aren't working

I know that subway grating

A Stagedoor Manor rendition of the real song "Something Greater"  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSofVy6XG0

Laura

« Reply #394 on: December 24, 2009, 09:31:35 PM »

You're fast, FJL.   :D
"That's a lotta hamsters."

FJL

« Reply #395 on: December 24, 2009, 09:39:31 PM »

Laura - So you've seen me eat

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #396 on: December 24, 2009, 10:27:13 PM »

I am seeing no pictures in either DAW's post or George's followup.

Darn...now, I'm not seeing the pictures that I posted, either. :-\

I guess it doesn't work. :P

It was fun while it lasted.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #397 on: December 24, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »

Well, perhaps I did something wrong - let me try again by IP address.

BK, I have Comcast Internet access and I don't have the same IP address each time I log on...even though I use the same computer at home.  For instance, the IP address right now is 67.183.186.16, but the IP address for a post that I made yesterday was 199.250.57.231. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #398 on: December 24, 2009, 10:32:03 PM »

I believe I.P. Freely happens to be the name of the Subway Grating songwriter.

George

« Reply #399 on: December 24, 2009, 10:43:53 PM »

Well, I need to be going now.  I have to take a shower, get dressed, wrap some presents, pick up my niece from her father's mother's house, pick up my sister from her house and we're all going to our parents' house for our annual Christmas eve do.  We'll do all our gift giving and receiving tonight.  Tomorrow will be a day of resting and eating...and that's about it. :)

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE DAY, EVERYONE!!!!

I'm back from the family do and SCORE!  A couple hunnerd bucks (to quote Bonnie Hunt ;))...in cash!...and fleece sheets from the parents.  I also got Costco and iTunes gift cards and "And Another Thing...," part six of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" trilogy. :D

George

« Reply #400 on: December 24, 2009, 10:45:49 PM »

Gratuitous Christmas Post #400!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #401 on: December 24, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »

It's not only the IP - I'd forgotten to tag her username and her local host name and one other thing - all those in combination will hopefully do the trick - if not, I'll find out exactly what to do, but I think all of us have had just about enough of her, although we do wish her a merry holiday season and some good therapy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #402 on: December 24, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »

The Do is Done and I must say it was pretty faboo.  Despite a few no-shows and starting off with just singingnymph, her friend, and me, we soon had a roomful of people and it built from there.  I'd say overall there were probably fifteen to twenty people - we also had dear reader Noel, Richard Berent, Karen Morrow (such a doll), a person from the film score messageboard and his two guests, John Holly (a producer/general manager), PennyO, LACCTAA board member Joanna Erdos, my pal Melissa Ficociello (the set designer of What If), Doug Haverty and his wife and daughter, Adryan Russ and her ever-lovin' Dale Cook, and I think I'm forgetting a couple of people.  I'll say more in the notes, which I'm going to write right now.  Oh, yeah, I forgot - the lady I license from at MGM came - she's a wonderful gal.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:14:07 PM by bk »

George

« Reply #403 on: December 24, 2009, 11:28:01 PM »

Well, I need to be going now.  I have to take a shower, get dressed, wrap some presents, pick up my niece from her father's mother's house, pick up my sister from her house and we're all going to our parents' house for our annual Christmas eve do.  We'll do all our gift giving and receiving tonight.  Tomorrow will be a day of resting and eating...and that's about it. :)

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE DAY, EVERYONE!!!!

You, too, George, and thank you for the Christmas card!

You're welcome! 

George

« Reply #404 on: December 24, 2009, 11:55:26 PM »

*In other words, when waiting for a train at 50th Street, it's always best to stand away from the tracks. ;)

*I can't tell if that site allows hot-linking - is that pic showing up?  Or is it another DR George picture? ;)

B*tch.

:-*
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up