Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CEREAL KILLER  (Read 27502 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE CEREAL KILLER
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »

We got in at 2AM...pretty good for some old geezers who lived on the other side of Atlanta.

I did have a lot to drink, though. 2 Diet Dr. Peppers AND a bottle of water!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2007, 12:48:10 PM »

Congrats to Cillaliz's new plateau!!

I'm off to Ikea with my sister and I haven't taken a shower yet!  I said that I'd be at her house at 1:00 pm and I've been catching up on all of today's posts (priorities, you know ;)), but now must leave.  AND I still have to feed my cat!  Tempus fugit and all that. ::)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »

Back from the Boat Basin following  a lovely lunch with Dear Friend Mary Jay along with her dear dog Molly and our dear dogs Toby and Dylan.  I must say the place was hopping, but I couldn't figure out why our waiter's tables seemed to be scattered all around the restaurant rather than in one concentrated area.

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2007, 12:49:32 PM »

In honor of BK's title for today:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »

A burglar broke into my friends house a few years ago while she slept. The only thing he took was a baseball cap and some bananas.

The same night he broke into her neighbor's house---didn't take anything but poured her daughter's cheerios onto the kitchen table and made a smiley face.

I made a joke about how it was good he wasn't a "cereal killer" but the whole thing was pretty creepy.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2007, 01:30:17 PM »

Re:  thinking.  
Thanks to everyone who visited my first review on DVDTalk.  I was number 2 with a bullet (admittedly a Nerf bullet, but that's another story) for the past 2 days (they let the reviewers see their "stats" as to how many people are reading their reviews).  I should get my first official screeners next week and then will have my work cut out for me.

How do they work assignments at DVDTalk, DR JMK? Do you bid for certain movies? Do you get assigned certain studio product? Is it first come, first serve? Are you in a rotation and get assigned whatever comes next?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »

A burglar broke into my friends house a few years ago while she slept. The only thing he took was a baseball cap and some bananas.

The same night he broke into her neighbor's house---didn't take anything but poured her daughter's cheerios onto the kitchen table and made a smiley face.

I made a joke about how it was good he wasn't a "cereal killer" but the whole thing was pretty creepy.

That is VERY creepy indeed!

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2007, 01:32:58 PM »

I began my viewing this afternoon with another MOONLIGHTING episode. It happened to be the Christmas episode with Ms. Depisto finding a baby in her apartment and not wanting to part with it for the holidays. Sweet story that got a bit silly near the end but otherwise nice. At the end, they broke the fourth wall and showed the entire cast and crew singing "The First Noel."

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2007, 01:34:52 PM »

Next, I watched an episode of BURN NOTICE. I believe this was the second one aired, a story of a elderly woman who was scammed out of her life savings.

I did enjoy the show very much, light-hearted caper show in many ways and with wonderful laconic narration by the leading man. Also nice to see Sharon Gless on TV again after QUEER AS FOLK.

Thanks for the recommendation, DR Elmore! I have the DVR set to pick up last week's episode when it's shown again tomorrow night.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2007, 01:37:18 PM »

Next, I watched another MOONLIGHTING episode, this one with a man asking Maddie and David to find him a bride. After 20 years of searching and having no luck, he left it in their hands. Since they basically disagree about everything, they each went different ways and chose a candidate for him. Of course, the story had a neat twist that I liked, but again the episode degenerated into absurdity with a chase in hospital corridors by two people in wheelchairs and no security doing anything. Lazy writing.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2007, 01:38:59 PM »

Showtime-HD was showing CAPOTE this afternoon, so I ended my viewing by watching about 45 minutes of the film in HD. It did make it sharper than the DVD, of course, but since it was filmed a little soft and drained of color, the HD didn't add much to the experience.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »

I do plan to watch THE ILLUSIONIST this evening. And I'll probably have time for another MOONLIGHTING episode.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »

Saving some pennies up so I can get Moonlighting...

Creepy story Edi...

In the mission to de-clutter teh computer desk

2 jump drives found, two still missing... and  one is on a lanyard [looking for a long blue cord]. I seem to acquire them... One I bought, one I got as a gift and two I inherited from lost and found at the library... ONe semester we had 15 lost jumpdrives and of those 15, there were six that were not claimed. The head of circ cleaned them off and gave me two and another co-worker two.

What's this.... I spy a piece of blue sticking out from a pile of papers I was sorting...

::reaches over.... and pulls:::

I just found the blue lanyard.

Down to one...  Sorting my genealogy research and going through and throwing away some duplicate information and shredding some other stuff.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2007, 01:42:26 PM »

MattH, I have to agree, Moonlighting was a great show. I loved the banter and how they played off of each other. Some of the episodes I recall were quite cleverly written.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2007, 02:03:11 PM »

Well, I have wash, dried, and folded the laundry, but I haven't put it away. I also have the master bath to clean, so I'm going to head downstairs now to do that.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Just back for a bit to drop off some things and to rest my feet.  -I keep sort of forgetting that there's one pair of shoes that I have that aren't really meant for long walks, and, of course, I wore those today when I headed out earlier.  I've now changed shoes for the rest of todays jaunt(s).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2007, 02:14:38 PM »

And while walking through Central Park earlier - Levain Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie in hand ;) - I did indeed spy a bunch of Harry Potter books being read, but not all of them were the latest/last volume.  And "The Kite Runner" also seemed to be a popular title amongst those lounging in the Sheep Meadow.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2007, 02:16:34 PM »

How do they work assignments at DVDTalk, DR JMK? Do you bid for certain movies? Do you get assigned certain studio product? Is it first come, first serve? Are you in a rotation and get assigned whatever comes next?

Edi:  the site is:

http://www.DVDTalk.com

It's an astoundingly complete database of film, videogame, etc.  So far in my casual perusals I've found the reviews to be head and shoulders above most internet sites.  I only have one review up so far, a quickie I pounded out whilst waiting for my official first batch of reviews:  Land of the Pharoahs at

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=29271&___rd=1

I can also set up IVs with varied and sundried people and publish those.

Matt, the assignment process is two-fold--they have a database of "currently available" titles that you can choose from, which is what I did for my first go-round.  Then they have a wish list of future releases, which are assigned by staff on a weighted system of seniority, your particular field(s) of expertise, and whether you stipulated any future release as a "favorite" (one that you really, really want to review).  Needless to say, I'm at the bottom of the seniority totem pole, so I can't guarantee I'll be reviewing any blockbuster titles for the present.  The one I'm looking forward to for next week is the new release of kinescopes of the Karloff "Suspense" series.  I'll also be reviewing a Da Vinci Code documentary (I think I may have actually already seen it, but I can't tell from the product info I was given) and a concert DVD of The Chieftains.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 02:16:50 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »

And BTW, though it's not his official birthday (that's next week on July 27, appropriately celebrated nationally by the release of The Simpsons Movie), today is Gabe's 11th birthday party!!

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »

Yep.... signed, sealed, delivered, closed, and recorded.  So it's a done deal and it's mine......and it's kind of an odd unsettled feeling that I have right now. :-\

Congrats DR Music Guy!!! Is there a lot to do to decorate or is it pretty good as is?  I'm sure DR Laura could help with suggestions about your bathroom

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2007, 02:24:09 PM »

And BTW, though it's not his official birthday (that's next week on July 27, appropriately celebrated nationally by the release of The Simpsons Movie), today is Gabe's 11th birthday party!!

And speaking of "The Simpsons Movie"... The 7-11 in Times Square has been transformed into a Kwik E Mart!  The outside signage has changed, and even a bunch of the display stuff inside.  There are even larger-than-life figures in the freezer case!  And, of course, they are featuring those giant pink-frosted donuts.  And I even like some of the "sale" signs:  Buy 3 for the Price of 3!  ;)  The place has become a tourist destination - lots of camera snapping going on.  -And, as "luck" would have it, there's a Burger King next door which happens to be featuring 16(!) different toys in their new Simpsons meal boxes.

So, has anyone spied any other Kwik E Marts in their neighborhood?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2007, 02:26:22 PM »

Well, I believe I'm heading down to the Village for some falafel at Taim.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2007, 02:29:58 PM »

No Quik E Marts, Jose, but at two different theaters we've been to lately (different chains, even--one a Regal, the other a Cinemark), the big displays of the Simpsons sitting on the couch (I'll assume you've seen those--they're huge, 3D plaster-or-something-like-it displays of the whole family) were both missing Homer's right arm!!  Someone is stealing Homer's right arm (the name of my next musical).

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2007, 02:30:39 PM »

I am very jealous of the NYC weather. It's hot AGAIN...no rain, no clouds, just sun and heat BLAH! If I wanted this I would have stayed in Phoenix!

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2007, 02:33:56 PM »

Time to put a new load of laundry in and check on the turkey in the oven.   I'm watching the lead in to Next FoodNetwork Star. I've seen all these, but I love watching it.   I'm cheering for Amy but would be more than happy for Rory to win

Julie

« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »

The 7-11 in Times Square has been transformed into a Kwik E Mart!  The outside signage has changed, and even a bunch of the display stuff inside.  There are even larger-than-life figures in the freezer case!  And, of course, they are featuring those giant pink-frosted donuts.  And I even like some of the "sale" signs:  Buy 3 for the Price of 3!  ;)  The place has become a tourist destination - lots of camera snapping going on.  

I noticed this, too.  I passed by the other day and saw the signage change to Kwik E Mart and noticed that people were taking pictures of it.

What am I missing?  Is there some special thing about Kwik E Mart that would cause lots of people to want to take a photo of it?  I'm so out of the loop on Kwik E Marts.  ???    For a moment, I wondered if I, too, needed a photo of the Kwik E Mart, but then remembered that it would just add to the clutter.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 02:40:44 PM by Julie »

Julie

« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »

Off to go ponder my thoughts.  Catch you all later.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2007, 03:01:49 PM »

Question... I am geographically handicapped when it comes to NYC...

Is the Sheep Meadow an area in Central Park?

DR Jose, you Chocolate chip cookie is making me hungry.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2007, 03:02:31 PM »

I read a rather large book last winter called The Historian by Anna Kostova. Rather interesting to say the least.

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »

Is the Sheep Meadow an area in Central Park?

Yes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up