Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES BACKWARDS  (Read 4911 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: NOTES BACKWARDS
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2019, 10:26:39 PM »

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2019, 10:53:21 PM »

Just got the call I was hoping to get.  When I was asked to direct The Man Who Came to Dinner it came with a caveat: I had to accept an actor in the leading role.  I was then told it was one of these LA critics.  I said okay, despite that.  Said critic assured me one YEAR ago that he was starting to learn the play then so he would be letter-perfect at our first rehearsal, so that gave me some comfort, even though I had other concerns.  He's a very "big" fellow, if you get my meaning, has trouble walking, etc.  Anyway, he came to our callbacks last week to read with people and announced to me that he'd JUST started looking at the play.  Obviously that look me aback and yes his nose was in his script for all the sides he read.  THAT is why we had this table reading last night because Doug and I felt that we had no confidence that he could learn this part and give a performance that would be acceptable, because even in the callbacks he was completely unfunny.

So, the artistic directors, who'd made this decision in the first place, made the reading happen so they could assess the situation and assessing it was easy.  The gentleman did not know one single line, his nose was in his script, he misread almost every line and - it wasn't funny, although the writing is so strong there were a few laughs despite that.  I couldn't imagine an actor having to actually play a scene with this fellow, nice a guy as he is.  He was also reading the character in a very one-note way and I felt that was never going to change and I felt strongly that the audience would hate him and the character.

So, the artistic director drove the guy home last night (that's another thing - no transportation) and told him he was really uncomfortable because the fellow had promised he was starting to learn this a year ago, and that he was not confident he could learn this in time to be directed and give a good performance.  Excuses followed, of course, and assurances and that's how it was left.  I spoke to the artistic director and got that part of the story this morning.  It was left that the theater would provide someone to read lines with him this coming week and then the artistic director would go there and hear what was what and make a determination then.

But the fellow just called him and after a sleepless night decided we were all correct in our assumptions and that he, too, was now nervous about getting the show in his bones and was withdrawing in  the best interests of all concerned, which is exactly the outcome we were all hoping for.  Now, I have to find someone great to do it and I am on that path right now.

What a relief!  Vibes you find a great replacement.

Jane

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2019, 10:55:14 PM »

Jane, I am very happy with Natural Ophthalmics Women's Tear Stimulation pellets. As you pointed out, the eye drops are out of stock indefinitely, so I ordered the pellets (tiny pills). The directions say to take 3 pellets 3x/day. I've been taking only two pellets 1 to 2x/day and getting good results. I realized there's an advantage to taking the pellets: eye drops, unless they're in a single-dose container, usually have a preservative. No preservative with pellets. I'm very glad I tried these. I was using eye drops almost hourly some days. This is sooo much better!

That's great.  Thanks for letting me know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2019, 10:59:13 PM »

We're making a short list.  The first person we approached because I thought it was a fun idea was Barry Gordon, a wonderful actor who, when he was a child, was in A Thousand Clowns on B'way and film (Barry understudied him in Clowns on the road with Dane Clark in the lead).  But he has a commitment he can't get out of.  So, we have a few other names who we'll start approaching tomorrow.  Robert Yacko is one of them, but he accepted a gig that would keep him away for seven days right in the middle of rehearsal - it pays (not much, really) so he needs to do it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2019, 10:59:30 PM »

Tried to watch Rapture but kept falling asleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2019, 11:00:44 PM »

Have listened to a ton of really interesting and good music today and tonight - mostly composers I've never heard of before.  Paint is dry, Jesus wrapped up and was gone by five.  I had a spicy Eyetalian Subway sandwich for dinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2019, 11:01:03 PM »

I'm super tired, but tomorrow I can sleep in.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2019, 11:11:27 PM »

I am grateful for a morning to sleep in.  I had several painful bouts last night, but the cocktail of one Tramadol, one Tizanidine, and one Advil PM worked better last night than some of my earlier mixes.

Good.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2019, 11:12:41 PM »

Although my suspicion of constipation was wrong, I believe the X-ray that put me into overdraft was necessary, and Annabelle further paid me back for the torture she went throug at the vet by leaving me an appalling, stinky mess in the litter box this morning.

Stinky mess equals happy parent 😊 :D

Jane

« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2019, 11:13:22 PM »

I did get a job offer this week: an overture of holiday songs for my friend Martin Yates' pops holiday concerts.

Congratulations.

Jane

« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2019, 11:17:01 PM »

This was in broad daylight in the parking lot next door to my church, a mile from my house

:(  Thank goodness the little girl is safe.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2019, 11:23:22 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2019, 11:30:14 PM »

My friend Betzy (also my kitty sitter) came to see the condo now that I am completely moved in.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2019, 11:32:39 PM »

Then we went out to lunch.  We tried a new place down the street from my place called the Black Bear Diner.  It is part of a chain, mostly on the West Coast.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2019, 11:35:37 PM »

We both enjoyed the place and the food was very good.  They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner at all times they are open..
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2019, 11:36:41 PM »

I had an omelette and Betzy had a turkey pesto sandwich which she loved.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2019, 11:39:38 PM »

I had an omelette and Betzy had a turkey pesto sandwich which she loved.

I’m sorry, but between the pesto and the avocado, it looked like she was eating a green turkey sandwich.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2019, 11:41:19 PM »

Congratulations, Elmore, on the the new job!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2019, 11:43:48 PM »

Vibes to Laura, Sandra, and Rex.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2019, 11:47:22 PM »

Then we went out to lunch.  We tried a new place down the street from my place called the Black Bear Diner.  It is part of a chain, mostly on the West Coast.

There used to be one here on the west side of Olympia, but it closed a couple of years ago.  I enjoyed it the few times I went.

George

« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2019, 11:47:54 PM »

I'm home from seeing Calendar Girls.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: September 28, 2019, 11:48:23 PM »

There used to be one here on the west side of Olympia, but it closed a couple of years ago.  I enjoyed it the few times I went.

Yes, I will go again.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2019, 11:49:36 PM »

I'm home from seeing Calendar Girls.

Glad you made it home safely.  I think half of Tacoma is “under construction.”
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2019, 11:49:53 PM »

They were actually selling calendars of the people in the show and others involved in the production to raise money for a charity.

George

« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2019, 11:51:02 PM »

I forget which...my calendar's downstairs and I'm too lazy to get it. ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2019, 11:51:06 PM »

They were actually selling calendars of the people in the show and others involved in the production to raise money for a charity.

I said that last night.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2019, 11:51:36 PM »

Leukemia.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2019, 11:53:01 PM »

Anyway, I (and many other people who bought the calendar) got autographs of the models!  I took a picture of my and Jane's and Tom's friend Sharry's picture and autograph:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 12:06:33 AM by George »

George

« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2019, 11:53:52 PM »

I said that last night.

Spoo!  I forgot that you mentioned it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up