Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL ELEVENS  (Read 10908 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: ALL ELEVENS
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »

Does anyone remember when markets stopped putting price tag stickers on the products they sell?  I ask because Craig handed me a box of onion seasoning, with one little packet in it, which he says is so old it has moved 5 times with us.  He wants to save it for the next move ;)  I insist it can't be THAT old.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2011, 06:05:30 PM »

And then tonight, I'm working concessions for the latest Warren Miller movie.

One of the little stud-muffins who stars in this year's Warren Miller film was interviewed on the news yesterday.  A real cutie (if I was 100 years younger).

Of course, he's probably not traveling with the movie.

You never know!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2011, 06:08:38 PM »

Jane, I need to send you a PM this weekend, regarding a mutual Facebook friend.  I am going to have to think exactly how I am going to phrase it.

I'll watch for it.  Please send it through my personal FB address.

Actually I will probably just send it to your home e-mail address.  I don't want to screw it up and send it out to other people by mistake.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »

No problem.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2011, 06:15:17 PM »

Does anyone remember when markets stopped putting price tag stickers on the products they sell?  I ask because Craig handed me a box of onion seasoning, with one little packet in it, which he says is so old it has moved 5 times with us.  He wants to save it for the next move ;)  I insist it can't be THAT old.

Jane, when I moved into an apartment in 2004 (or so), my mom gave me some stuff from my parents' kitchen and one thing was a box of Ziploc freezer bags.  There was a coupon in the box that had an expiration date of October 1984!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2011, 06:31:20 PM »

LOL George.  I guess your mother doesn't use freezer bags very often.  At least it wasn't food.  This box doesn't have an expiration date on it.  Do they sell G Washington seasonings on the West Coast?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2011, 06:36:01 PM »

LOL George.  I guess your mother doesn't use freezer bags very often.  At least it wasn't food.  This box doesn't have an expiration date on it.  Do they sell G Washington seasonings on the West Coast?

I don't think I've heard of that brand.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »

(Meaning Region 1, which doesn't help DougR unless he has a region free player).

I do have a multi region DVD and Blu-ray player - but I'm sure they will be from the same HD master as the U.K. and German Blu-rays so please don't get your hopes up too high.

Actually, I don't think so, as someone named Martin Scorsese or something like that was spearheading new U.S. transfers, or so I've been told.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »

I don't think I've heard of that brand.

Craig thinks I purchased it in Pennsylvania, moved it to Michigan I, Connecticut, Michigan II, Tiberon & then here.  I can't believe it is older than Michigan II. ;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »

Jane, when I moved into an apartment in 2004 (or so), my mom gave me some stuff from my parents' kitchen and one thing was a box of Ziploc freezer bags.  There was a coupon in the box that had an expiration date of October 1984!

Don't worry, if it was in a Ziploc bag, it's still fresh!   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2011, 07:00:14 PM »

happy 11-11-11
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2011, 07:00:52 PM »

qnd thank you to our Veterans for our service to our country!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2011, 07:07:42 PM »

'night

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »

A friend took me out to lunch today at a buffet.  Rather interesting to try and balance a plate on my lap without spilling the contents and make it back to my table.  It was probably more food than I had eaten in one day since June.  Maybe it will put back some of the 25+ pounds that I have lost since then.
May I give you some of my excess?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »

Well, I'm off to see the latest Warren Miller movie.  Actually, I'll be working concessions, so I don't think that I'll much of it at all...which is fine.  It's really more fun to watch the people in the audience. ;)

Be back later!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2011, 07:24:24 PM »

I had two bowls of soup for supper.   VERY tasty, very "chicken-veggie-soupish" without being weighed down with rice or noodles.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »

Back from dinner meeting and shall now actually try to watch something.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2011, 07:57:49 PM »

If you haven't "shared" our Outside The Box episode on Facebook, it's easy, quick, and helps spread the word.

John G.

« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »

If you haven't "shared" our Outside The Box episode on Facebook, it's easy, quick, and helps spread the word.
Done and got some very pleased responses from people.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2011, 08:14:06 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2011, 09:23:35 PM »

Good evening!  Paul and I went to J Edgar tonight.  The movie was pretty good, but the makeup on Armie Hammer when he was playing the older Tolson character was so bad it was distracting. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »

i had a really good day. Started playing flute at the Veteran's day ceremony, then replaced the plastic on the outside of the windows that came off already, then went to J Edgar.  Now I'm going to sleep.   I can't believe it's Friday.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »

I must admit I will be tuning in to the Nebraska v Penn State game tomorrow just to see what happens.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2011, 09:27:47 PM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM~~~~~~~

CALLIE, BOO AND RICKY JOIN ME IN SENDING VIBES TO EBONIE`~~~~~~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:14 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...

Umm...

So...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2011, 10:11:15 PM »

When I headed out earlier, I was planning to dine at some place in the Americana at Brand since it's just a few blocks from where I'm staying. I walked by a couple of places, checked out their menus, and just kept walking. I kept seeing signs for a new "Korean street food" place, and once I found it, I realized it was one of those outside kiosks/snak bars... Hmmm.... OK. And then I noticed a bunch of people waiting by the Pick-Up Window for their food... So, I went up to the booth, looked into the kitchen, and saw only one cook working the line... And whole slew of tickets on the pass... So... I passed.

As it turned out, there was an In-N-Out just around the corner - Surprise! - so I ended up having a cheeseburger, fries (extra-crispy) and a Coke. -And that meal basically lasted me for the rest of the day. Almost. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2011, 10:14:24 PM »

I had planned to try out "Top Chef" Michael Voltaggio's new sandwich place ink.sack, but once I got there around 3:30, I was still full from lunch, so... I just walked on over to the Beverly Center for a bit of window shopping. And a manicure. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2011, 10:17:18 PM »

I eventually made my way to simplethings sandwich & pie restaurant on 3rd Street for dinner. It was quite good, and perfect for a very Fall-ish day in Los Angeles. Butternut Squash-Coconut Soup, Chicken Curry Pot Pie, and a Salted Caramel "Cutie Pie". YUM!

And then I made my way down to Wilshire Blvd. to catch the bus over to the Geffen Playhouse... Or so I thought.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »

So...

I boarded the bus at 6:50. According to the timetable - and to Google Maps - I should have been at UCLA by 7:35. Well, by 7:30 I realized that I was nowhere near the UCLA campus, so I hopped off the bus hoping to catch a cab. Well... Since I ain't in New York City... Well... By 7:40 I had resigned myself to missing the show. -Thankfully, my ticket was basically a freebie, so... But still I had really wanted to see the show.

So I hopped on another bus to downtown L.A. so that I could catch the 90/91 back to Glendale. Well...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up