Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DINGO STOLE MY BABY  (Read 4608 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE DINGO STOLE MY BABY
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2018, 02:27:03 PM »

MEGA VIBES to the niece of TCB and for TCB and the rest of the family.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »

Jane, thanks for your updates on Ron's mom.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »

Continued vibes to Jrand, his cousin, and the rest of their family.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2018, 02:29:53 PM »

This week could be quite a week. The handyman is scheduled to come tomorrow to do the simplified fix of my kitchen ceiling. I don't think it'll take too long; the question is whether the building inspector will buy off on it, and we won't know that until late August.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2018, 02:33:40 PM »

The handyman will also be power washing the window frames tomorrow. I've never heard of this being done. We have to keep all our windows closed, of course, but I suspect there'll be some leakage. This is an old building and nothing is tight.

After so many years of neglect management is now taking care of a few things, so on one hand I can't complain. But I do question their priorities. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »

I'm hoping to stay sane.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2018, 02:35:28 PM »

I have no other news.

Vibes to all. Stay cool.

TTFN.

FJL

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »

BK, I'd read this and say, unless the rolling eyes whenever he was on during his solo also happened when anyone else went in, what other interpretation than it was meant to try to throw him or make him feel bad while doing his job, or maybe even to make him sick an argument with her.

From the Times article:  “Chicago” performers interviewed said that, although they were stunned by Mr. Loeffelholz’s suicide, they were not surprised by the incident that preceded it. Multiple current and former musicians, most speaking anonymously because they feared retribution, said Mr. Bobbie could be intimidating and Ms. Stifelman could belittle or disrespect performers.
“She would regularly be cursing, slamming things, and trash-talking musicians and performers,” said Dan Peck, a musician who previously played the bass and tuba for the show. “And whenever Jeff was on, despite the audience loving him, she would be throwing shade and rolling her eyes.”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »

BK, I'd read this and say, unless the rolling eyes whenever he was on during his solo also happened when anyone else went in, what other interpretation than it was meant to try to throw him or make him feel bad while doing his job, or maybe even to make him sick an argument with her.

From the Times article:  “Chicago” performers interviewed said that, although they were stunned by Mr. Loeffelholz’s suicide, they were not surprised by the incident that preceded it. Multiple current and former musicians, most speaking anonymously because they feared retribution, said Mr. Bobbie could be intimidating and Ms. Stifelman could belittle or disrespect performers.
“She would regularly be cursing, slamming things, and trash-talking musicians and performers,” said Dan Peck, a musician who previously played the bass and tuba for the show. “And whenever Jeff was on, despite the audience loving him, she would be throwing shade and rolling her eyes.”

I have never met the MD, but she's been with the show from the beginning, I believe, since  I proofread the orchestra parts before the show opened.  I know that then and now many people tiptoe around her.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2018, 03:32:53 PM »

Greetings from ANNIE. Got here way early to check out a couple of things in my setups. Enjoying sitting in the shade now, not to mention the satisfaction of being ready before the chaos of everyone else arriving and setting up.

FJL

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »

I know that then and now many people tiptoe around her.

Defense counselor:  I tiptoe around Liam.  That sounds inconclusive. I move for a mistrial. (Sorry, I guess that's in bad taste.)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2018, 03:34:03 PM »

On July 9th DR George said:

Well, Ant-Man and the Wasp was pretty good.

You forgot to mention it is also funny :)

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2018, 03:34:34 PM »

Yes, today we got out of the heat for awhile and saw Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2018, 03:35:27 PM »

This week could be quite a week. The handyman is scheduled to come tomorrow to do the simplified fix of my kitchen ceiling. I don't think it'll take too long; the question is whether the building inspector will buy off on it, and we won't know that until late August.

Good vibes the works goes smoothly and the building inspector approves the work.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2018, 05:42:04 PM »

FJL, this is obviously a hot-button thing for you so I'm bowing out because you seem to be willfully ignoring my points, which I would hope are easy to understand.  I have heard stuff about Mr. Bobbie and the conductor - so what?  Some people are tough taskmasters and that's part of theatre, like it or not.  I don't do that sort of thing because I don't find it gets good results.  Perhaps you've never heard of Jerome Robbins and his way of working with people.  Perhaps you've never heard of Arthur Penn who said that if there isn't antagonism and tension in the rehearsal room nothing good will happen.  Perhaps you've never heard of Bob Fosse and how he treated Stephen Schwartz and others.  And again I am saying to you this was one rehearsal of, I think, one hour of length.  Many people in all fields of endeavor are intimidating.  Rob Fisher has spoken in defense of the musical director - whoever are we to believe, which is the real point here.  But I've said what I have to say and it's not anything you want to hear, even though I'm basically just saying let's wait until the investigation is over and that I believe (that is "I") that one episode such as this is not alone going to cause someone to commit suicide - someone has to have partially gone down some rabbit hole and this compounded it.  At this point, that is what I and many others believe. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2018, 05:42:12 PM »

Page three?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2018, 05:43:02 PM »

Had a good meeting about a project that I may or may not be interested in doing - but I'll read through the material and then meet with these folks again. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »

Then I had a surprise visit from Sami and her mom.  That was fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2018, 05:43:52 PM »

Then I went to Taco Bell - today it was good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2018, 05:44:01 PM »

Listening to music and doing stuff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2018, 05:48:12 PM »

I may or may not need a sweet at some point this fine evening.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2018, 06:34:08 PM »

I enjoyed a very short walk this evening.  At 99 degrees we basically walked in the shade and sat on a bench for awhile before returning home.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2018, 06:34:43 PM »

We could still be in Ashland where the air quality is so bad they have had to cancel shows at the outdoor theater.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2018, 06:35:26 PM »

At least Ashland is not Redding and I hope it never is.  We had a few, too close, scares in the years we lived there.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »

My nephew in-law used to live in Redding and knew one of the firefighters that was killed :(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2018, 08:12:55 PM »

I had donuts.  Oh, well.  Apparently K's is open until ten every night.  Not good information for me to have :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »

Stan's in Westwood, near closing time (at least on weekends, and I'm thinking midnight, but whatever), would get rid of the day's inventory by selling donuts at the window for a buck per bag. There was always a line, and you'd get several good ones which made such a lovely Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast. Stopping there after a movie before heading home from Westwood was mandatory.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »

I ushered for a production of Annie Jr. this afternoon.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »

We were expecting an audience of 85. About 200 showed up, resulting in a sell-out crowd.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2018, 09:09:09 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up