Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: TICKLED PINK  (Read 27252 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:TICKLED PINK
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2005, 12:23:19 PM »

The only shows I watch in reruns that I saw the first time around are the CSIs because they look so glorious in high definition.

Now that we have an HDTV and HD Cable feed, I have fallen into the same trap! Law and Order has some breathtaking viwes of NYC at night!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2005, 12:27:11 PM »

"House" was interesting for the first two episodes. Then you figured out the formula and it became very methodical. Someone gets sick. What could it be? House pops a Vicodin. Let's try this medicine on the patient. Oh, he almost died! House pops a pill. Let's try this medicine. He almost died again! House pops another pill and says something wry. Someone mentions something in passing that catches House's ear. He pops a pill and thinks. With only 8 minutes to go, he figures out the problem and saves the day (and the patient). He pops a pill. End credits.

Perhaps if you paid less attention to the Docs and more attention to the patients and their stories you would have enjoyed the show more.

der Brucer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2005, 12:31:36 PM »

I don't know, shows built around characters with "endearing" quirks and stock problems make me reach for the remote.

Then again - last night I enjoyed the first three episodes on the ADAM-12 DVD, so what do I know?

One Adam-12, One Adam-12 - sick child....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2005, 12:33:50 PM »

Lines went okay last night.  Hopefully even better tonight, even though TWO performers are fishing in CANADA!!!

DR MATTH - did you do your production of MY THREE ANGELS as a two-act or three-act play.  One intermission or two?  Where was the intermission?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2005, 12:34:50 PM »

Oh, and another vote for DIARY OF A MAD PLAYWRIGHT by James Kirkwood.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2005, 12:35:33 PM »

Der BRUCER thanks for the info and link to Noah's Wish!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2005, 12:37:35 PM »

I heard something so upsetting on CNN re: Katrina.  They were saying that a lot of people had to leave their pets behind.  I can't even imagine having to do that.

Also, I had CNN on when I fell asleep, so I was sort of half-listening, half-dreaming about what was happening.  I remember hearing about this hospital (i think it NO) where they were considering calling for help (since the water was rising). Only problem is most of the patients were critical care. I don't even want to think about how or where they would move these people.

Good vibes for all involved. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had to leave their pets behind!  So, sad and it isn't as if they didn't have time to plan for this.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2005, 12:39:16 PM »

Well, I just stepped outside to check out exactly what they were jackhammering earlier this morning, and I just couldn't seem to find any sign of any sort of work.  What's up with that?!?!?!? Who knows?  Maybe they did a quick and really good patch job.   Hmm...

Maybe the guy in the Sailor Suit had a tooth filled?

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:41:02 PM by DERBRUCER »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2005, 12:44:36 PM »

Willy Ames with tattoos? What a waste!

Willy Ames with tattoos and a bad attitude.  Rodzinski and I have caught the occasional episode of Celebrity Fit Club II... lots of drama, not so much weight loss.

The tattoo thing surprised me.  Vanilla Ice was also covered with tattoos in the Sureal Life.  I wonder if it's an attempt to separate themselves from their former images.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2005, 12:44:51 PM »

You got that right.  And then there's the predictable conflicts with the CEO and the wealthy man who donates tons of money and believes he should run the hospital.

And House has his young, eccentric crew who idolize and castigate him several times throughout each episode.

And then there's the totally unbelievable, for me, "romance" between House and his one female assistant.

Talk about fatal attractions...one obsessed with himself and the other obsessed with him.

LOL-true (except the romantic feelings are one sided)  but we love the show and Hugh Lurie is just terrific.  Such a fine actor.  

Jane

« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2005, 12:47:39 PM »

Hisaka, A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jennifer I appreciated the second link.

I completely forgot we should get Hepatitis A vaccinations before going to Romania so we did that this morning.   We really didn’t allow enough time for them to work so we will have to be careful what we eat, no ice or uncooked foods.  I hope I can get regular bottled water.  I can’t drink anything carbonated and mineral water bothers my stomach.  I’m taking some tea bags with me.

I’m having too many problems working this site today so it’s back to work for me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:50:15 PM by Jane »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2005, 01:05:12 PM »

TOD

Thou Sell, Thou Witty - Dorothy Hart

Bewitched, Bothered and Bedeviled -
Samuel Marx and Jan Clayton

der Brucer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2005, 01:06:41 PM »

I bought a couple of those coffee table show books because it was the only way one could get the script of the show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2005, 01:11:14 PM »

And I would still like them to do "SURVIVOR: Big Jewish Wedding"  

Preferably where at least one set of parents is divorced, one of the affianced is not Jewish, and a sibling of the bride is gay.

;D

SURVIVOR:The Co-Op Closing

Sellers must be in the middle of a nasty divorce and husband and wife are each accompaned by a divorce attorney who has neer done a real estate or co-op deal in their lives, the purchasers have forgotten to bring certified checks and their I.D., the purchasers' attorney is comparing the five photocopies of each of the 45 documents to see if they all match .  The co-op attorney has imposed a 90 minute limit on the closing and will bill an additional $100 per 20 minutes for any time over this.  The Divorce attorneys are requiring certified checks from the lender  however they have not advised the bank attorney of this fact until they are sitting at the closing table  an hour's drive away from  the bank attorney's bank branch which is by now closed anyway as the closing began after  3 PM. The real estate agents are trying to make contacts for future deals and interuppting and joking and leaning across the table and bringing in coffee  and drippingon the closing documents.  The mortgage broker is attempting to add secret hidden charges at the table.  The Bank is insisting on having copies of all the documents faxed over so they can approve them, before they will wire the money which won't show up until the next morning and noone at the bank is answering their phones, just voice mail on every extension and their fax machine is not picking up.  The copy machine gets a paper jam after every other page and the fax machine must be fed page by page.

NOW that's a reality show!!!

Oh wait.. no that's my life....... ::)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2005, 01:11:51 PM »

I changed a light bulb about an hour ago.

Gave me my best laugh of the day so far. Thanks, DR JRand.

:D

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2005, 01:14:46 PM »

Now that we have an HDTV and HD Cable feed, I have fallen into the same trap! Law and Order has some breathtaking viwes of NYC at night!

Yes, the LAW & ORDERs resemble movies more than TV shows once they're opened up into high definition aspect ratios and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.

CSI: MIAMI still gets my vote as the most spectacular looking network program in high definition. Believe it or not, I think SMALLVILLE ranks right up there, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2005, 01:16:10 PM »

TOD

Thou Sell, Thou Witty - Dorothy Hart

Bewitched, Bothered and Bedeviled -
Samuel Marx and Jan Clayton

der Brucer

Never heard of either of these books...and now I am on a quest.

DRVIXMOM every reality show should have a printer AND a copy machine!

I do have THE HOUSE INSIDE MY HEAD, the self-righteous self-congratulatory book Mary Rodgers wrote about building her dream home in Connecticut.  Wonder who lives there now?

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2005, 01:19:06 PM »

DR MATTH - did you do your production of MY THREE ANGELS as a two-act or three-act play.  One intermission or two?  Where was the intermission?

We did it as a three act play. I think the director toyed with the idea of making it two acts, but finally settled on doing it as written. I do remember that the break between Acts II and III was like five minutes or less, not a traditional long intermission.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2005, 01:21:08 PM »

What a Way to Go!

Mr Dick Van Dyke owned Hopper's Dept Store and became a busy, busy mogul, much to wife Shirley MacClaine's displeasure.  His favorite phrase was "A little hard work never killed anybody" which he said many times - most memorably just before....he....dropped...dead!   ;D

And an autographed photo of Pinky Pinkham will be mailed to your home from heaven!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2005, 01:23:11 PM »

What?

No one recalls:

"Tartlets?

"Tartlets"?

If I give a clue and say it was Jon Lovitz, can you name the show and what his role was?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2005, 01:23:19 PM »

Speaking of Mary Rodgers, that biography of Richard Rodgers SOMEWHERE FOR ME was very well written and researched. Gave him the credit for genius composing and the lumps for being a less-than-loving father and an infamous womanizer.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2005, 01:24:07 PM »

And they were "onion tartlets," too.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2005, 01:25:05 PM »

What?

No one recalls:

"Tartlets?

"Tartlets"?

If I give a clue and say it was Jon Lovitz, can you name the show and what his role was?

FRIENDS?

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2005, 01:27:25 PM »

Enjoyed the first hour of A TOUCH OF CLASS today. I was scared when it started because the opening few minutes of the transfer were so dirty that I thought the movie was going to be unwatchable, but after a few minutes, the dust particles cleared away, and it looked simply lovely.

And just like with THE FANTASTICKS, I had NO recollection that the movie was filmed in Panavision. Totally thunderstruck when that wide frame came up on the screen.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2005, 01:28:56 PM »

But Glenda Jackson's Best Actress Oscar for this movie has to rank right alongside Loretta Young's Oscar for THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER as one of the biggest upsets in Oscar history.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2005, 01:32:07 PM »

I also managed to finish WILL & GRACE - Season 4 today, let's-make-a-baby scenario and all. From now on, the seasons are much more hit and miss with the comedy.

Bobby Canavalle doesn't come along for Will as his boy friend until Season 6, so Season 5 may not be an instant purchase for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2005, 01:32:37 PM »

I love the "catch the plane" sequence in A TOUCH OF CLASS.

"I have only one thing more to say:  Make a rrrrrrreservation!"

"Not necessary!!!"

Hahahahahahahhaha.

And nobody but Glenda Jackson can really say:  "Wouldn't that be lovely?" and a phrase I have used since I first saw the movie:
"Press THAT in your book of memories!"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2005, 01:34:59 PM »

Off to study my script one last time and then to rehearsal.

We are doing it as a two-act play, with the intermission following the exit of  two of the convicts to the garden to chaperone the couple, and me looking at Uncle Henri through the keyhole.

Not ideal.....but makes for a nice pair of two-scene ACTS.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2005, 01:37:14 PM »

The running gag with Segal not being able to drive the car and her correcting him is really cute.

After the golf match:

Segal: What's wrong now?

Jackson: You mean other than you're still in second?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 01:38:05 PM by Matt H. »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2005, 01:37:22 PM »

But Glenda Jackson's Best Actress Oscar for this movie has to rank right alongside Loretta Young's Oscar for THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER as one of the biggest upsets in Oscar history.

I definitely agree!  ;D  I can't remember off my head who she was up against, but it was a shock.   :o

I do remember at the time, that Jean Ratcliffe was touting her own production of WILL THERE BE A MORNING? with Jackson as Frances Farmer and directed by Ida Lupino....and project that died quickly.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up