Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DOOZY  (Read 21308 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE DOOZY
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »

The plumber has repaired the bathroom leak and gone. While he was working, I proofread the new Babes libretto and its annotations. I'm now off to Toyland for a meeting, and I must rememebr to post my IRS estimated tax payment while I am out.  I'm tired; getting up at 6:30 this morning was not fun.

elmore, did you let the plumber watch the video you have about a plumber?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2009, 07:14:43 PM »

I'm lucky at work in that I make l/2 of the yearly salary most of the machine shop does.  As long as there is paperwork, I'm hoping I will be OK.  But it's all airplane parts, if the economy keeps hurting so will they.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2009, 07:16:36 PM »

I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to check out such a historic space.

That sounds like something M Barnum would say!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2009, 07:17:07 PM »

When Keith was still in school he worked part time at night & I worked during the days.  Sometimes if I wanted to spend time with him I had to stay up late at night & get up very early in the morning for work.  Sleeping in on weekends was very important to me.  The neighbor next door tended to have parties that went rather late, and the older couple across the hall argued in the mornings.

One Sunday morning I crossed the hall wearing my pajamas, knocked on the door & asked the older couple to please keep their voices down.  They apologized profusely for waking me up (they really were very nice & the proud grandparents of a know actress).  As soon as they shut the door, before I could take the two steps back into our apartment, I heard them yelling at each other how the other one woke me up.  Keith & I just started laughing & I never complained again.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2009, 07:17:08 PM »

The plumber has repaired the bathroom leak and gone. While he was working, I proofread the new Babes libretto and its annotations. I'm now off to Toyland for a meeting, and I must rememebr to post my IRS estimated tax payment while I am out.  I'm tired; getting up at 6:30 this morning was not fun.

elmore, did you let the plumber watch the video you have about a plumber?

Some of us don't kiss and tell, DR TCB!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »

I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to check out such a historic space.

That sounds like something M Barnum would say!

Only DR MBarnum is usually referrng to a retirement home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2009, 07:18:27 PM »

Till later.  

To a beautiful Saturday.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Jane

« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2009, 07:19:11 PM »

DR Sam, vibes you will be ok.

JOB VIBES FOR ALL WHO NEED THEM!!!

Jane

« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »

And vibes for DR elmore & the poor dog left at home!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2009, 07:26:24 PM »

And I am currently posting from the spacious(!) pit of the Sottile Theatre.  This really is a beautiful classic House, and I can tell it was built - and meant(!) - for a totally acoustic experience - no mics or other electronic volume enhancement.  In fact, above the audience section, there is a "star dome" which, in effect, acts like the dome of the Capitol Rotunda - you can hear people whispering who are sitting ten rows from you.

*And, YES, there's WiFi in here too!  :)

We don't need WiFi.  We can hear your computer whispering in that theater.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »

Well, I've struggled internally with this for long enough - several days now - and it's time to share the bad news with you all:  I've been laid off.

Thanks for listening!

DAW, my heartfelt wishes to you.  I hope that this can turn into a giant plus in your life.  Hugs to you.

{{{{DAW}}}}
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2009, 07:38:37 PM »

VIBES TO DR LAURA AND TD!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »

DR singdaw, This is such sad news! I hope that someone as bright and personable as you finds something ASAP but I also know that we are in a recession. I'm sending mega-vibes to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Speedy Employment Vibes to Our DR singdaw! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~DITTO!!!~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~TRITTO!!!~~~~~~~
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2009, 07:56:41 PM »

Back from a very sobering Good Friday service.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »

Today I went back to my eye doctor for a complete and extensive examination.  First of all, I was not really surprised when the good looking medical assistant that I smiled at last week, ended up being the assistant who called me in for the exam.  There seemed to be a few sparks, but once he got a look at me close-up, I am sure his curiousity was satisfied.

As for the appointment, I got home from the doctor's appointment almost three hours ago; and I still can't wrap my head around the news the doctor gave me.  He was very alarmed when I was there for my glaucoma check last week and wanted me tested completely - sooner rather than later.  He had noticed that my vision with my glasses was drastically off from the last exam. 

What he found out after all of his tests is that after wearing glasses for almost all of the last thirty years; my eyesight has totally corrected itself to 20 / 20.  He told me not to bother wearing my glasses any longer and he suggested I head over to the DMV to have my driver's license changed to reflect that I don't need corrective lenses.  He gave me a new prescription for basically a pair of cheaters (due to all newspapers and books shrinking the size of their font).  He said that they would be for bifocals, but that the upper portion would be basically clear glass.  He also suggested that I not waste my money getting a new pair of glasses.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »

Oh man, DAW that is the pits. And I know for many of us here we wonder if we might be next! Please take care David  :-\

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »

DAW, I am sure an exciting new opportunity awaits you.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2009, 08:19:37 PM »

The church I work for has actually started a support group for laid off people, and one of the reasons is that they feel embarrassed about their predicament, though of course they're not to blame.  The Republicans are.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2009, 08:19:38 PM »

The rain arrived here earlier this evening with a vengeance. Well, I should say it came back since it had visited twice today already, but only drizzles both times. TOnight was HUGE.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »

Very sorry to read your news, DR DAW. Here's hoping you find something worthwhile and lucrative as soon as possible.

JMK

« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »

For the first time in ages, I don't have anything in my review stack, so with Zach home sick and Gabe having a day off, we've been catching up on some BDs.  Watched Bedtime Stories, which I found pretty lame (though Zach seemed to like it), and am now kind of watching Despereaux, which seems better than the lukewarm reviews it got.

Matt H.

« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »

I finished the four remaining TV episodes on the life and work of Jean Painlevé. It was an interesting group of films, but this is one Criterion I KNOW I'll never open again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2009, 08:24:37 PM »

Shocking news from DR DAW.   Sending my thoughts and vibes to you during this transition.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2009, 08:24:54 PM »

For the first time in ages, I don't have anything in my review stack,

That was me about two or three weeks ago. My vacation lasted six days. Now, I have plenty to keep me busy. In fact, Paramount sent HOTEL FOR DOGS to another person, and because I have so much stacked up, I just told him to do it if he didn't want to take the trouble to fix up a package and go to the post office. He took me up on my offer.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

Shocking news from DR LAURA....and thoughts for her as well....and of course for DR td.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2009, 08:25:52 PM »

SEESAW did not come to Indiana today, perhaps tomorrow.  I did order INSIDE DAISY CLOVER - the clips sounded interesting.  And of course Joanie Sommers makes it even more so!

Matt H.

« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2009, 08:26:11 PM »

Tomorrow I start on the Blu-ray of SIN CITY. I've only seen it once, and my memories of it aren't the sharpest, so this will be fun to watch again. With all the different versions and commentaries and bonus features, though, I think when I'm done I'm going to be SICK of SIN CITY.

Kerry

« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2009, 08:26:11 PM »

Today I went back to my eye doctor for a complete and extensive examination.  First of all, I was not really surprised when the good looking medical assistant that I smiled at last week, ended up being the assistant who called me in for the exam.  There seemed to be a few sparks, but once he got a look at me close-up, I am sure his curiousity was satisfied.

As for the appointment, I got home from the doctor's appointment almost three hours ago; and I still can't wrap my head around the news the doctor gave me.  He was very alarmed when I was there for my glaucoma check last week and wanted me tested completely - sooner rather than later.  He had noticed that my vision with my glasses was drastically off from the last exam. 

What he found out after all of his tests is that after wearing glasses for almost all of the last thirty years; my eyesight has totally corrected itself to 20 / 20.  He told me not to bother wearing my glasses any longer and he suggested I head over to the DMV to have my driver's license changed to reflect that I don't need corrective lenses.  He gave me a new prescription for basically a pair of cheaters (due to all newspapers and books shrinking the size of their font).  He said that they would be for bifocals, but that the upper portion would be basically clear glass.  He also suggested that I not waste my money getting a new pair of glasses.

Congratulations, Tom!  You can show the cute young assistant the new sexy you without glasses!
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »

DR DAW - I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss, but I have immense admiration for your upbeat attitude.  Take care!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »

Friday media check:

CD - in Richard's car we're listening to an M. C. Beaton murder mystery - don't know the title.

DVD - The Changeling

Is that Beaton book DEATH OF A WITCH?  I am just ready to start reading that book this weekend.

Yes!  That's the title I couldn't remember this morning.  Hope you enjoy it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up