Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE CRICKETS IN THE FOUNTAIN  (Read 54002 times)

François de Paris

Re:THREE CRICKETS IN THE FOUNTAIN
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2005, 03:04:06 PM »

And I got a really nice book from the Gay Men's Chorus, which features a lovely profile of elmore.    

Left or right side?? :D

François de Paris

« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2005, 03:04:35 PM »

Oh, let's do the Profile Dance!

Tomovoz

« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2005, 03:05:25 PM »

Elmore in profile! Is that from the left or right?

Glad your Dusty parcel arrived BK. To me the only pop singer that comes near to wonderful Peggy Lee.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2005, 03:05:48 PM »

Great minds François.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »

What do you know, Tom!! LOL!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2005, 03:11:16 PM »

It's not cricket to picket not cricket
Atrocious and gauche you know to picket
Go home and starve like gentlemen
Not like a noisy brood
Real ladies never make a fuss
Though they like clothes and food
And money's never talked about
For that would be quite rude
Not cricket to picket not cricket

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2005, 03:13:17 PM »

OK...  I'm gonna go ahead and get ready to head in for tonight's show.  I also want to fill my car's gas tank up before tomorrow's inevitable (at this point) snow.  -The forecasts all seem to agree we're gonna get at least 4 inches of snow.  As for the "at most" number, that's been anywhere between 6 and 8 inches.  Unfortunately, down in Richmond, it's looking like it might turn into a sleet and ice storm after the initial snow storm.  And since there are still parts of the city recovering from Hurricane Isabel a few months ago...  We shall see.

OK...

Laters...

They're telling us on Long Island  14 - 24 inches  with drifts to 6 feet!!  You may be waiting awhile for those egg bagels DR Jane!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Tomovoz

« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2005, 03:14:06 PM »

For those who need to know, "The Crickets" released further material after "T Shirt". Wouldn't you know I am collector?  Many of their releases in the 1960's (for Liberty) were produced by Snuff Garrett - that makes them worth listening to IMHO.  I think they had the original versions of "More Than I Can Say" and "A Fool Never Learns". (Bobby Vee and Andy Williams covered the songs later).

It is of course Cricket season in Australia. Teams from Pakistan and the West Indies are touring here at the moment.  

You need to know all that to get through your day.

James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2005, 03:20:58 PM »

I, too, am writing a novel.

It is called "Agenda This" and it shall be filled with proof that everything can be said to have a gay agenda, including those who complain about it.

Actually, the book is called "Candle Wax Smarts" and will be a titillating expose of some Berkeley wax-mongers who not only get off making candles but have tried to cripple the market with hedonistic designs.

My next book will be "Confessions of a Smart Ass".  It is NOT autobiographical, thank you.  But it probably should be.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2005, 03:26:42 PM »

I have also considered writing a cookbook, but cannot decide upon a theme title.

I'm toying with "Pernicious Parsnips" (but I fear that title may have already been bandied about).

"Irregular Arugula" strikes my fancy, but I don't want something referred to as "..that arugula book" because folks cannot pronounce "irregular" and "arugula" back-to-back.

Damn!  I need to take more care when I use that nose spray!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 03:28:33 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jed

« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2005, 03:27:08 PM »

You need to know all that to get through your day.

I know my evening shall surely be richer because of it.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2005, 03:27:46 PM »

The Pool People are here and installing pump and motor, after which we shall set the timer and make sure it's working properly.  Then tonight, it's me and the crickets, baby.

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2005, 03:31:05 PM »

How is Callie?

Thanks for asking. She's ok, but pretty weak.  Still don't have test results, so I'm just going to hang out with them this weekend. (I have another cat named Nilla), sing them some of the silly songs I make up with their names in them and try to keep her spirits up until I know more.  

I am considering going to Being Julia this weekend, anyone seen it?

François de Paris

« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2005, 03:33:44 PM »

cd player check:

Maureen McGovern (So glad to know she's doing a musical on Broadway!)

Lesley Garrett (Soon to appear in concerts with Oz sensation and a favourite of mine, Anthony Warlow! HE should have been THE film phantom, imho)

Caroline O'Connor, second (disappointing, imho, of course) cd, with 7 songs arranged by Dear Reader Elmore!

... and a demo recording by original cast member of le Passe Muraille/AMOUR creation, Isabelle Georges, of Maury Yeston's "December Songs, both in English and French.

C'est tout!
That's all!

Tomovoz

« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2005, 03:36:35 PM »

I know my evening shall surely be richer because of it.
My words have not fallen upon stoney ground. I am so pleased for you DR Jed.  Perhaps you can use the information in your next job application. It can't hurt!
James Thurber 1957

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2005, 03:37:29 PM »

"Meet Broadway's newest stars: they're young, they're hairy and they have very curious noses."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/21/nyregion/17wire-bway.html?oref=login&hp
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 03:38:30 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Tomovoz

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2005, 03:38:16 PM »

Increase the medication DR Ron.
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2005, 03:38:57 PM »

Elmore in profile! Is that from the left or right?

Glad your Dusty parcel arrived BK.

I'm ready to bet that the parcel was quite... clean and not in the state you state! ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2005, 03:41:02 PM »

News from OZDerek:  A bit of a set back and trauma. He found an elderly naked lady in his bathroom  last night.  I didn't know he had one to lose.

He has been reading "The Lost Boys" and is close to locating them it seems.

A further report shall be issued later tonight.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2005, 03:41:24 PM »

With all this talk of Buddy Holly and the Crickets.....one of the songs I sing to the cats is Callie Sue, instead of Peggy Sue. The rest of the lyrics change everytime depending on what she is doing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2005, 03:41:35 PM »

The Pool People are still working.

I am still working.

Soon The Crickets will be working.

It's very nice out - sort of hazy, but the sun is there and the air smells nice, at least around these here parts.

Tomovoz

« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2005, 03:43:24 PM »

It seems that I need to sign up to the NYT DiT to check the link. I'll just use my imagination (don't got there) instead.
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2005, 03:44:29 PM »

The Pool People are here and installing pump and motor, after which we shall set the timer and make sure it's working properly.  Then tonight, it's me and the crickets, baby.

We have the same here: we call them

the Pool People of Paris!

After the sucking, you get the pumping, BK!

Ben

« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2005, 03:45:15 PM »

I think it was Jed who said:

the Portland Square on 47th St., between 6th and 7th.  A thoroughly no-frills place, but it's clean, great location, and inexpensive.  They currently list a single room with private bathroom in mid-March as $85 per night ($80 for stays of three nights or longer).  Tough to beat for 1/2 block off Times Square.

And it's just a block away from Ginny's hotel and Panni's possible hotel. It's on the same block as the stage door of the Palace Theatre where All Shook Up, the next Jukebox musical to hit Broadway, will be playing. Aida just closed a while ago after playing there for many years (not as many as Disney would have liked but enough). Sweet Charity also played there in it's original incarnation and Judy Garland had many happy nights at the Palace.

The hotel is also a hop, skip and a jump away from the TKTS Booth (half-price tickets) and midway between the N and R trains at 47th Street and 7th Avenue and the B, D, F and V trains at 6th Avenue and 47th Street. The TKTS Booth is across the street from an Olive Garden in case you require sustenance during your stay in Times Square, and down the block from McDonald's. And who said New York doesn't have classy places to eat ;-)

It's also just a block and a half from a Virgin Mega Store in case you require CDs or DVDs (overpriced, I'll grant you, but convienent for the Midtown Shopper). HOJO's (Howard Johnson's) is on the corner of 46th Street and Broadway and just up the block from Beauty and the Beast and across the street from La Cage aux Folles.

This concludes your mini-tour of part of Midtown Manhattan. Please remember to tip your Tour Guide ;-)

Tomovoz

« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2005, 03:45:37 PM »

With all this talk of Buddy Holly and the Crickets.....one of the songs I sing to the cats is Callie Sue, instead of Peggy Sue. The rest of the lyrics change everytime depending on what she is doing.
There is a sequel by Holly too. "Peggy Sue Got Married".  Callie may appreciate the change of tune. Best of vibes to Callie Sue from non cats (and they have never met any), Fosca and Magnus.
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2005, 03:46:26 PM »

News from OZDerek:  A bit of a set back and trauma. He found an elderly naked lady in his bathroom  last night.  I didn't know he had one to lose.

He has been reading "The Lost Boys" and is close to locating them it seems.

A further report shall be issued later tonight.

He should get a clue from Peter or Tinker!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2005, 03:48:33 PM »

This is one of my few NY trips where I might not stay at the Doubletree (which is sold out at the moment for the night I want to arrive) - I might be staying slightly out of the theater district (actually it's still in the theater district - near 54th St.).  Actually, it sounds very nice and I've seen images of it.  It's obviously much less dough than my last stay at the Doubletree, which was the single most outrageously overpriced hotel stay I've ever had.

Tomovoz

« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2005, 03:49:33 PM »

"Everyone knows it's Wendy".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2005, 03:49:41 PM »

There is a sequel by Holly too. "Peggy Sue Got Married".  Callie may appreciate the change of tune. Best of vibes to Callie Sue from non cats (and they have never met any), Fosca and Magnus.

Don't agree!

You and Colin are Cool Cats in my book! :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2005, 03:50:08 PM »

Thanks DR Tomovoz - I'll have to try the sequel, the tunes I sing change frequently, whatever I've heard most recently, or whatever pops into my head.  They watch me attentively when I sing, don't know if they enjoy it or think I'm crazy!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up