News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRE  (Read 23399 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:OUTRE
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2006, 04:05:53 PM »

I'm up!

Yes....of course, I've been up since a little before 8 a.m. but I've been busy-busy...got a haircut, talked on the phone for a couple of hours, went to Circuit City where I purchased a combined Sony VHS and DVD-Recorder, went to Trader Joe's and stocked upon all sorts of stuff I've no business eating, much less stocking up on...stuff like chili lime cashews, large salted cashees, chili-lemon pistachios, etc., etc.  I got some "daffydills" to brighten up my life, and some peppermint tea for the calm moments of my life...and some frozen potstickers and small pizzas.

Traffic was horrendous/atrocious at BEST...every year, we seem to be more people with the same amount of roadway...and vying for the same number of parking spaces.

Sigh.

I've got a new toy, and now I must go and play with it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 06:04:45 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2006, 04:06:11 PM »

WOW!!! I have no idea what your sister is making but I bet you win the cake contest with that!!!

(think a peice would survive through the mails?)  ;D

I'm altering the recipe a bit and leaving out the hazelnut as my sister-in-law is allergic.  I'm going to do some sort of decoration with white chocolate on top.  Ah, the joys of living with a pastry chef... who is forbidden to help me in this endeavor, but can put his two cents in from the couch!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2006, 04:07:07 PM »

OH!  And if you want to make things even easier, just open up a jar or two of Nutella for the filling.  Also, for a Mexican variation, you can use dulce de leche for the filling.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2006, 04:07:18 PM »

Here's a happy page 5 dance:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2006, 04:08:32 PM »

OK... Now I'm going...  Now...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2006, 04:09:08 PM »

I am now Heath informed  (Not Ledger).  Thank you DRs Ginny and Vixmom
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2006, 04:11:19 PM »

Matthew the cake looks gorgeous and delicious, that is until I read it has a hazelnut filling.

Ginny they now sell those broken Heath Bar Pieces for baking.  I like them mixed into my Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2006, 04:12:22 PM »

I'm altering the recipe a bit and leaving out the hazelnut as my sister-in-law is allergic.  I'm going to do some sort of decoration with white chocolate on top.  Ah, the joys of living with a pastry chef... who is forbidden to help me in this endeavor, but can put his two cents in from the couch!

You have my attention again:D

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »

Ginny they now sell those broken Heath Bar Pieces for baking.  I like them mixed into my Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream.

Mmmmm!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2006, 04:22:37 PM »

We loved "The Constant Gardener" Michael.  Great book. Great screenplay. Much food for thought.

I really enjoyed it too.   I'm trying to decide if I go to the play CLOSER or the movie MRS HENDERSON PRESENTS.  I'm thinking the movie is going to win. Just not in the mood for the Olympics tonight.  I did get the stereo set up today and some boxes moved to the rooms they belong in. The livingroom is coming together.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »

DR vixmom, I'll post a picture when the cake is finished.  In the meantime, her is a link to take a look at...  

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe2210057&contentGroup=MSL&site=living

OOOOOOH THAT LOOKS GOOD!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Thanks for the links and suggestions.

No problem. HGTV has tons of fun tools on their site. You can even use an interactive diagram and arrange the furniture in your room to see if it works etc.   Lots of fun

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2006, 04:34:20 PM »

DR Vixmom, No, I don't think I took any photos of the big furniture, but I did take some photos today of the new stuff today. I can't remember if I did the before and after of the kitchen, did I do that? If not, I'm happy to put that up later when I find the camera again....moving is so much fun.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2006, 04:39:48 PM »

Today the Vixfamily went a browsing.  We wandered through IKEA , stopped int he cafe and had swedish meatballs for lunch.

Then we wandered through BestBuy where the Vixter fell in love with a television the size of our garage door

Then a trip through Costco where we sampled pretzel sticks dipped in chiocolate and then rolled in crushed Heath bars.........

HA!!!  I thought you meant that you rolled in crushed Heath bars.  LOL.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »

DR George - thank you for the info about the Scarlatti sacred CD.  I've tried to find it at the library where I work and the public library here where we live and through M. O. R .E . (a clunky online resource sharing initiative - Moving Ohio's Resources Everywhere), all to no avail.  Maybe I'll have to order it online.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »

Well, it's a whopping 1 degree outside.  I've decided that I'm going to stay home and cook something. I'll have to see what's in the cupboard and maybe invent something.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2006, 04:56:28 PM »

Sorry Dakota if my comment last night was unclear.  I knew that you meant CARMEN.  I guess what I didn't know was which melody was in the largo movement of CAMEN, or what the words could possibly have been.  When I appeared in CARMEN, I believe that I was the lard-o, so, I don't know nothing about no largo

No problem.... I Have heard improvised lyrics for the piece and they are not clean...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2006, 05:03:50 PM »

This afternoon I looked outside in my front yard and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »

We had a few flakes of snow today, but it's all melted and gone, and the skies are clear again.

Dang.

Still, it's good soup weather.  Time to make French Onion Soup again (this time with half chicken/half beef broth, and sweet onions instead of ordinary yellows).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2006, 05:35:17 PM »

This morning I went for a walk and this is what I saw:

Occaisionally see an owl around here..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »

And this:

they are indeed regal looking birds... There is a pair that nest in Fargo, on a bank building downtown.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2006, 05:38:10 PM »

Those are cool pictures!  Very clear.

Right now, I'm at work and listening to the Prague cast recording of Les Misérables.  Man, do they have a lot of syllables...and very few vowels! ;) But I can "hear" their acting, mainly because I've had the original London cast recording since 1986 or so.  Pretty good.

I actually got to see a traveling production of Les Mis some years ago... It is an incredible show.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2006, 05:44:32 PM »

DR Tomovoz - Heath Bars used to be made in Robinson, Illinois.  My aunt was married to a man who'd grown up there and his mother would send "factory seconds," broken, odd-shaped pieces of the toffee, double-dipped in chocolate.  A yummy childhood memory.

They are fun to crunch up and put on ice cream!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2006, 06:05:33 PM »

Sigh.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2006, 06:11:55 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the theater for this evening's performance.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

Tomovoz

« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2006, 06:13:36 PM »

totd:
Till
Chopin's Nocture in E flat
Lara's Theme
Mozart pPano Concerto - The "Elvira Madigan" theme.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »

AHHHH FOOD 911 !!!!!

I made some Chili. Well it's Midwestern style, i.e. I don't want it hot spicy. I had a can of diced tomatoes with green chilis and threw it in...mistake. It's too hot. What can I add to tone down the heat?

Ben

« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2006, 06:20:47 PM »

Ginny, Tuna Glop was a success and Anthony is still talking to you (or will when you arrive in October). There is enough to have some for lunch tomorrow.

Tom, no eclairs, but we did just have some raspberry tea and pumpkin raisin bread with whipped cream and sliced strawberries. It's the same pumpkin raisin bread (not the exact loaf) we served to Rodzinski and TPunk when they were here. I get it at the Greenmarket. It's made by a local baker who sells his goods on Wednesday and Saturday.

TOD: All the Things You Are and The Way You Look Tonight.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 06:22:05 PM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2006, 06:28:28 PM »

I added a couple of things to it (tuna glop) as well. I added some green beans from the market and some sliced mushrooms. I used cream of mushroom soup so it was heavy on the mushrooms. I also put in some leftover rice. It's so easy and fast and you can make it according to any taste. I'll probably make it again before the winter is over. It's just tuna casserole with a funny name :-)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2006, 06:45:19 PM »

Rodzinski HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 17 days late.

DakotaCelt it has been a fun month since you joined us.

It has been fun DR Jane. There are many sparkling personalities on this board...

I am working on trying to figure out TCB...He is an engima...   ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up