Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRE  (Read 23395 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:OUTRE
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2006, 06:49:35 PM »

This afternoon I looked outside in my front yard and this is what I saw:

I like daisies. They are my favorite...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2006, 06:49:59 PM »

AHHHH FOOD 911 !!!!!

I made some Chili. Well it's Midwestern style, i.e. I don't want it hot spicy. I had a can of diced tomatoes with green chilis and threw it in...mistake. It's too hot. What can I add to tone down the heat?
Here in Arizona, those green chiles are the mild ones.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 06:51:18 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2006, 06:53:03 PM »

Let's tiptoe through the tulips to page 6
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2006, 06:54:32 PM »

Well, it's a whopping 1 degree outside.  I've decided that I'm going to stay home and cook something. I'll have to see what's in the cupboard and maybe invent something.

DR Cilla, Friday Morning we were at -22 wiht a -55 windchill...

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

DR Cilla, Friday Morning we were at -22 wiht a -55 windchill...

Been there, done that...you can have it  ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2006, 07:39:15 PM »

Ginny, Tuna Glop was a success and Anthony is still talking to you (or will when you arrive in October). There is enough to have some for lunch tomorrow.

Ben, I guess we will just have to take your word for it that Anthony survived the Glop.  Apparently, there are no other living witnesses.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2006, 07:42:23 PM »

It has been fun DR Jane. There are many sparkling personalities on this board...

I am working on trying to figure out TCB...He is an engima...   ;D

Ah yes, an enigma wrapped up in a crumb cake.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »

I just looked at my profile to see when I joined up here, because I figured my one-year anniversary was coming up. Well, I joined Feb 1!

All I can say is, what a great thing it was to log in and join up. Great site and people. This place has made my last year (and 17 days).

Ditto.  Today is my two year anniversary.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

François de Paris

« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »

MUCH better to be an enigma than an... enema! :o :o :D

François de Paris

« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »

Ditto.  Today is my two year anniversary.

You deserve a crumb cake to celebrate!! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2006, 08:14:42 PM »

Ben, I guess we will just have to take your word for it that Anthony survived the Glop.  Apparently, there are no other living witnesses.

The way it went, I believe the Glop has not survived Anthony! ;) :D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2006, 08:16:27 PM »

I love Heath bars.

That is all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2006, 08:18:01 PM »

Loved seeing the lobby card for "Shakin' the Blues Away" from LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME. I just rewatched that DVD a few weeks ago, and it's such a wonderful movie. I don't care if it's true to Ruth Etting's life or not; it is a VERY entertaining movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2006, 08:18:40 PM »

DR Ron, once you've read up on it, please tell us more about your new Sony toy. You KNOW how I love to hear about new electronics stuff!

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2006, 08:19:33 PM »

DR Tomovoz, I really enjoyed and admired THE CONSTANT GARDENER. That's another I'd like to re-watch again soon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »

Back in from seeing a production of Britten's ALBERT HERRING at the Henry Street Settlement, on the lower East Side, and now I'm going to watch the last three episodes of SLINGS AND ARROWS, which is one helluva great comedy series.  I hope it comes out on DVD.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2006, 08:21:50 PM »

I had an evening of mystery. I started off with 4:50 FROM PADDINGTON, another Miss Marple mystery starring Joan Hickson. I haven't watched this one as often as I've seen NEMESIS, AT BERTRAM'S HOTEL, or THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY, but it's as entertaining as any of them. Just love the adversarial relationship they have in these between Miss Marple and Inspector Slack (what an apt name for him!).

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2006, 08:22:14 PM »

This frightens me:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2006, 08:23:52 PM »

I immediately put in another Miss Marple with Joan Hickson, one of my absolute favorites, A CARIBBEAN MYSTERY. I always enjoyed the CBS/Helen Hayes version of the book until I saw this one. It's markedly superior in every respect.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »

Been there, done that...you can have it  ;D

DR Cilla, we like to share up here... Are yo sure you dont want soem bone chilling cold?  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2006, 08:27:36 PM »

Next up was SUPERNATURAL which, for a change, had NOTHING to do with the supernatural but rather a demented family capturing people in order to hunt them (yes, a direct steal from the short story and subsequent film THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME).

My local WB affiliate recorded the Tuesday night broadcast for showing tonight. I'm grateful to have seen it, of course, but their recording was in standard definition (always a letdown), and many of the network promos were for shows that have already aired between Tuesday and tonight. I guess they are legally obligated to show them regardless of their uselessness now.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »

Apple or peach?

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2006, 08:29:28 PM »

I don't really understand why these local stations don't have the capability to record high definition shows in high definition. I mean, my DVR records shows in high definition, and surely the stations have equipment much more sophisticated than the DVR built into my cable box. If they don't, it's time to upgrade.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2006, 08:29:47 PM »

You deserve a crumb cake to celebrate!! ;)

No crumb cake here--I will have to make due with a pair of Ho Ho's.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2006, 08:29:47 PM »

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »

I finished my evening with the first fifteen minutes of CABIN IN THE SKY which I recorded off TCM. The transfer they broadcast looks beautiful, so I'm assuming that the recently released DVD looks equally stunning: very silky in appearance.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2006, 08:31:20 PM »

I immediately put in another Miss Marple with Joan Hickson, one of my absolute favorites, A CARIBBEAN MYSTERY. I always enjoyed the CBS/Helen Hayes version of the book until I saw this one. It's markedly superior in every respect.

I also like Joan Hickson's Miss Marple better than Helen Hayes. Miss Hayes does a great job but for some reason I also prefer  Hickson.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2006, 08:32:21 PM »

I already have another Miss Marple lined up for tomorrow: THE MIRROR CRACK'D FROM SIDE TO SIDE, again with Joan Hickson and Clair Bloom as Marina Gregg.

I'll likely finish CABIN IN THE SKY, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2006, 08:34:59 PM »

I also like Joan Hickson's Miss Marple better than Helen Hayes. Miss Hayes does a great job but for some reason I also prefer  Hickson.

Well, Helen's the right age and the right type for Miss Marple, but she didn't attempt much of a British accent in her two Marple films, and she didn't have the terrific scripts (very true to the books) that Hickson enjoyed. The CBS/Hayes Marple films didn't have the luxury of running time that Hickson's Marple films - spread over two or three one hour installments -enjoyed either.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2006, 08:41:20 PM »

Well, Helen's the right age and the right type for Miss Marple, but she didn't attempt much of a British accent in her two Marple films, and she didn't have the terrific scripts (very true to the books) that Hickson enjoyed. The CBS/Hayes Marple films didn't have the luxury of running time that Hickson's Marple films - spread over two or three one hour installments -enjoyed either.

That is very true and it perhaps one reason I enjoy the British stuff much better.

Have you ever seen the Campion mysteries MattH?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up