Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A NUDIE TUESDAY  (Read 12747 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: A NUDIE TUESDAY
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2009, 07:45:49 PM »

PAGE SIX RECORD-BREAKING EASTER BONNET FUNDRAISING AMOUNT DANCE

$3,407,858!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2009, 07:47:53 PM »

Oh...

And seeing Jane Fonda and her fellow company members from 33 Variations doing The Jane Fonda Workout in full workout gear was truly one of the highlights of today's presentations.  -And it won for Best Presentation too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2009, 07:49:04 PM »

Here's the PLAYBILL.COM write-up of today's festivities.  I'm sure they will have some more expanded coverage tomorrow, but I'm guessing there's also addition stories and pictures on BroadwayWorld.com too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2009, 07:57:56 PM »

I just finished watching tonight's "American Idol" via the DVR.

:) :) :) :) :)

-I'm tempted to go ahead and download all the performances off of iTunes.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »

Back from casting and dinner and all manner of errands and whatnot - much more about the casting session in the notes - we may have found an ensemble person or two, and there are a couple of candidates for Eunice, and one Harry candidate who I'm not quite sold on yet - and one pretty funny candidate for Dick Davis - very much like the film guy in that he's not really a professional actor - more of a comic musician, but he was pretty funny, I must say.  I just have to make sure he'll commit and not be flaky.  He came in toting a sax and a kalimba (finger piano).

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »

(((((((((((((TCB))))))))))))))
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2009, 08:04:09 PM »

Jose - while I was on the way to the doctor today the song 'New York State of Mind" came on and I thought of you - back in the city you love

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2009, 08:09:29 PM »

popping in to gives hugs and vibes of comfort to our dear cyber-father TCB.  We knew Angel, took care of her a time or two, and she was such a lovely kitty.  She will be greatly missed.

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »

Today I found out that my Dad's tumor was indeed malignant.  Why it tookt he doctor THREE weeks to impart this imformation I do n nit understand and I ma livid about it. He referred my Dad to a  Radiology Oncologist who is out of Dad's insurance network a nd 45 minutes from his house. 

I am insisting that he use my oncologist who is 15 minutes away and is WONDERFUL (as is his whole staff) AND is part of my Dad's insurance plan to boot.

Tomorrow I will go over and sit down with Dad and Mom and get it all sorted out.

Dad is afraid that the surgeon will be "offended" if he uses someone other than the docotr he recommended - I said Hogwash!  The man waitied THREE weeks to give you those results  - and the other doctor is too far away and you will have topay out of pocket for him.  I doubt the surgeon cares one way or the other who he goes to.   

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2009, 08:11:34 PM »

Ginny - your package for the Visxter came yesterday - I put it away and it is now on teh kitchen table so she will see it when she comes down for breakfast tomorrow morning.

I must set my alarm so I can keep up our tradition of birthday pancakes with a candle in it

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2009, 08:11:59 PM »

Today I found out that my Dad's tumor was indeed malignant.  Why it tookt he doctor THREE weeks to impart this imformation I do n nit understand and I ma livid about it. He referred my Dad to a  Radiology Oncologist who is out of Dad's insurance network a nd 45 minutes from his house. 

I am insisting that he use my oncologist who is 15 minutes away and is WONDERFUL (as is his whole staff) AND is part of my Dad's insurance plan to boot.

Tomorrow I will go over and sit down with Dad and Mom and get it all sorted out.

Dad is afraid that the surgeon will be "offended" if he uses someone other than the docotr he recommended - I said Hogwash!  The man waitied THREE weeks to give you those results  - and the other doctor is too far away and you will have topay out of pocket for him.  I doubt the surgeon cares one way or the other who he goes to.   

Give 'em Hell, DR vixmom!

And, yes, it is your Dad's health and comfort that should come first.  Not the doctor's recommendation or ego.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2009, 08:12:09 PM »

Also Ginny, did I tell you I had gotten your card to me?  Thank you so much that was so sweet of you!

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2009, 08:14:39 PM »

Give 'em Hell, DR vixmom!

And, yes, it is your Dad's health and comfort that should come first.  Not the doctor's recommendation or ego.

MAybe this is why I went through this - so I could be ready to help my Dad.  Since I was at the radiologist today I discussed the situation with him and he said he could certainly treat him and knew the surgeon in question and would be able to obtainthe medical records etc.  So tomorrow I will get Dad set up with an appointment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2009, 08:16:01 PM »

Jose - while I was on the way to the doctor today the song 'New York State of Mind" came on and I thought of you - back in the city you love

:)

And today was another day that really just showed me how much I really do love this City!

After the Easter Bonnet Competition, I walked up to Central Park to hang out with some friends.  We threw a frisbee around - I don't think I've done that in years!  And we just sat in the Sheep Meadow taking in all of the scenery... all of it. ;)

Then "The Enabler" gave them UWS Sugar-Shock Tour: Magnolia Bakery, Buttercup Bake Shop, Aroma Espresso, Grandaisy Bakery, Jacques Torres Chocolate, Levain, Crumbs, Grom...  ;)  It was just a "tour", although, some of my friends did buy some cupcakes at Magnolia.  I was saving up for dinner at Shake Shack - which had no line(?!?!?), and we managed to snag a nice table upstairs too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »

DRs DAW, Ginny and Ginny's DH Richard - The Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream Truck is back out on the streets!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2009, 08:23:56 PM »

And today was another day that really just showed me how much I really do love this City!

After the Easter Bonnet Competition, I walked up to Central Park to hang out with some friends.  We threw a frisbee around - I don't think I've done that in years!  And we just sat in the Sheep Meadow taking in all of the scenery... all of it. ;)

Then "The Enabler" gave them UWS Sugar-Shock Tour: Magnolia Bakery, Buttercup Bake Shop, Aroma Espresso, Grandaisy Bakery, Jacques Torres Chocolate, Levain, Crumbs, Grom...  ;)  It was just a "tour", although, some of my friends did buy some cupcakes at Magnolia.  I was saving up for dinner at Shake Shack - which had no line(?!?!?), and we managed to snag a nice table upstairs too.

Magnolia Bakery .... bananna pudding!!!!!!! That was SOOOOOOOOOO good!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »

Very sorry to read your news about Angel, DR TCB. I'm sure she's at peace now and that having someone who loved her so much be with her during her final moments was very important.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »

OH!

As I was leaving the Minskoff, I saw someone I thought I recognized... And as I got closer, I found that I did indeed recognize him!  It was the actor, Jason Butler Harner, who's had some pretty decent Broadway roles lately (Coast of Utopia), as well as some TV ("Law & Order", "Fringe") and movie ("The Changeling") appearances.  We were both in undergrad at the same time at Virginia Commonwealth University.  And even though we've both been in New York City for a couple of years, this is the first time that we've seen each since we graduated! Almost 20 years ago!

He's currently in an off-Broadway play with Bobby Cannavale down at Rattlestick, and I may just try to see him - and the show - tomorrow night.

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »

I finshed watching DEXTER episodes and began looking at the (meager) bonus features. If one isn't hooked up to the internet through his Blu-ray player, the set had ONE bonus feature, a game.

Through BD-Live, there were a bunch of downloadable podcasts and a couple of episodes of THE UNITED STATES OF TARA.

But a disappointing array of bonuses for one of the best shows on paycable.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2009, 08:34:01 PM »

Then, I turned on the DVR and started watching some things recorded earlier. I began with last week's SMALLVILLE, a silly story about Lois fashioning herself a superhero so she could get an interview with a superhero. Much more interesting is what Chloe and Doomsday are doing, but that plot was suffled off onto the sidelines this week.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2009, 08:34:47 PM »

Then I finally got to last week's THE OFFICE, a nifty story that brings Michael back to Dunder-Mifflin. Really enjoyed the show.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »

DRs Cillaliz and Jennifer - I'm watching "The Apprentice" too.  Or at least, I am sort-of watching it.  What an interesting season to say the least.

Alas, since it doesn't seem that NBC can come up with any more Sunday night programming, we're being subjected to two-hour blocks at a time.  At times I feel like they're not even editing anything out just to fill up the time slot.  There's definitely a lot of padding.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 08:36:31 PM »

Then it was time for prime time TV, and I began with NCIS. The backdoor pilot for the new NCIS spinoff takes place in an LA surveillance bureau of NCIS with Chris O'Donnell (looking really hot with a buzz cut), LL Cool J, and other team members who haven't made much of an impression yet. Will be interested to see how they wrap this up next week.

vixmom

« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 08:36:33 PM »

Well my friends - I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow

I also have a request - please do not mention anything about my Dad tomorrow

I just realized I should have kept that news to myself until Thursday as I am sure the Vixter is going to want to come here and see if she gets any birthday greetings -

I don't want to ruin her birthday with this news

Thanks all!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »

NBC is definitely padding due to a lack of programming. KINGS didn't work out, and they just don't have anything else.

I'm predicting MEDIUM moves to Sunday next year (after football season).

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2009, 08:39:15 PM »

I really enjoyed tonight's episode of THE MENTALIST. I just loved the mind games Patrick played on the Mafia guy. What an agreeably entertaining series week in and week out.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »

I finished my evening by watching AMERICAN IDOL.

I thought Danny had the most outstanding vocal performance tonight followed by Adam and then Allison.

I wasn't at all impressed with Kris or especially Matt (who I think will go home). I can't forget that marvelous rendition of "My Funny Valentine" that COnstantine did several seasons ago. That made Matt's version tonight seem especially lame.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2009, 08:42:27 PM »

Well, I found out my Fox BDs aren't scheduled to get here until Thursday, so tomorrow my work project will be John Huston's WISE BLOOD, the next Criterion I have on the release schedule.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »

DRs Cillaliz and Jennifer - I'm watching "The Apprentice" too.  Or at least, I am sort-of watching it.  What an interesting season to say the least.

Alas, since it doesn't seem that NBC can come up with any more Sunday night programming, we're being subjected to two-hour blocks at a time.  At times I feel like they're not even editing anything out just to fill up the time slot.  There's definitely a lot of padding.

Gotta agree with that.  They could cut a lot of the prep for the event/presentation/etc where they sit around and don't do anything to speak of... if it was that dull being there, I can understand why Dennis went out for a drink!

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2009, 09:14:29 PM »

Heading to bed now.

Good night!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up