Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BANANAS  (Read 12571 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: BANANAS
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »

And then I called my parents... And I guess I really should call them more often: It turns out they were involved in a serious car accident last Tuesday.  They're OK.  They car is not.  However, I just called my brother, Don, and he didn't know about the accident either.  OY!

*At least I know where I get my tendency to keep things private.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »

TOD:

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL (Original)
E.T.
ATTACK OF THE EYE CREATURES
THE POD PEOPLE
TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE
SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS
EARTH GIRLS ARE EASY
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »

And then I called my parents... And I guess I really should call them more often: It turns out they were involved in a serious car accident last Tuesday.  They're OK.  They car is not.  However, I just called my brother, Don, and he didn't know about the accident either.  OY!

Wow! Glad they're OK! What's the matter with parents today?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »

Thank You, DRs Jane, Dan (the Man) and edisaurus.

-I believe those patented HHW Vibes are working their magic. Things aren't exactly resolved, but I'm not feeling as stressed as I was earlier.  THANK YOU!
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »

...MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET (1947)

If you're in luck, it will be the colorized version ;D

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »

Wow! Glad they're OK! What's the matter with parents today?

Yeah?!? What is the matter?!?!?  ::)

Seriously... From what my father said, if the woman who hit their car had hit them either a split second earlier or later, things could have been much worse. My Dad had a few bumps on his head, and one of my Mom's arms got bruised.  None of them had any cuts from the broken glass. My Dad was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, but was released that night.  Now they're just waiting for all the legal stuff to be worked out.

*At least that news took my mind off my landlord woes. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2009, 10:55:28 AM »

DR Jose:  I'm in "catching up" mode right now, and I've read your comments re: my comments about "South Pacific".

Regarding Mr. Gilfry and the matinee, I was disappointed because a co-worker had seen him in a matinee performance several weeks earlier.  As it turns out, it was a Sunday matinee...so it may be that's one matinee he does do.

As for the stage, the Golden Gate is strictly proscenium stage.  The set design worked beautifully, but you kind of gave me goosebumps when you said it was being done thrust stage on Broadway.  What a thrill THAT would have been.  The dimensionality must be mesmerizing.

DR Ron Pulliam - Yes, the staging in the Beaumont takes full advantage of the width and depth of that stage. -And if you've read any of the "spoilers" from the Broadway production, well... There are some goosebump and tear-inducing "surprises" that are near and dear to my heart.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2009, 11:02:45 AM »

der Brucer

If I'm not mistaken, the BD is black and white only.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 11:04:54 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2009, 11:03:19 AM »

DR Jose - I'm glad to hear that your parents are OK.  That sounds just like something my mother would do.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2009, 11:28:11 AM »

DR Jose - I'm glad to hear that your parents are OK.  That sounds just like something my mother would do.

I mean...it's not like parents expect their adult progeny to keep them fully informed.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »

The new LET'S MAKE A DEAL is not very good - but then I didn't think much of the old version either.

The host of the show is a BORE.  So bad it's not even funny.

I hadn't even heard about this.  Who's the host and when is it on?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2009, 11:50:16 AM »

Back from the post office - all the single orders and most of the multiple orders are shipped.  The rest go out this afternoon after Cason and I finish putting postage on them.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2009, 11:51:01 AM »

I think I'm expecting a baby.

Did that get your attention?  Actually, I think my spider plant is going to have a baby.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »

I'm back from Toyland and all the packages of CDs from the reading of Life Begins At 8:40 are ready to be mailed. I think I will head over to the post office and send them out. I think tonight I will return to the show and watch it with a paying audience. I talked to Bruce Pomahac this morning and he advised me to see it every few days during the previews to keep an eye on the sound and musical problems to alert the conductor.

DR Ron Pulliam, I don't think Rodney Gilfry is missing certain performances deliberately. He will be leaving the tour for a couple of months to play the Baron von Trapp in Paris in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. I suspect the tour wants to have his standby ready to take over when the time comes.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:27:00 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2009, 12:50:28 PM »

I'm back from Toyland and all the packages of CDs from the reading of Life Begins At 8:40 are ready to be mailed. I think I will head over to the post office and send them out. I think tonight I will return to the show and watch it with a paying audience. I talked to Bruce Pomahac this morning and he advised me to see it every few days during the previews to keep an eye on the sound and musical problems to alert the conductor.

Yes, DR Elmore, I think the show will especially require your attention at the October 24 matinee  ;)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2009, 12:56:54 PM »

JOSE-

I'm Happy To Hear That Your Parents are OK

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »

Before I left for lunch, I managed to watch two more FLASHPOINT episodes. I had seen one of them and the other was new to me. It's a very involving show, and I'm glad it's still in production. I know CBS will eventually find a place to show the episodes it's stockpiling.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »

Years ago, my mother was called to serve on a state grand jury. She and my dad had to spend several days in Columbia, SC. During the time of their stay, my mother got mugged, knocked down, and her purse stolen. They didn't tell me anything about it until MONTHS after the fact.

DAW

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »

I want these at my house...    :D

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2009, 01:20:50 PM »

der Brucer

If I'm not mistaken, the BD is black and white only.

That's what I read on-line in the publicity release. However, I wouldn't know from actual experience because THE BLU-RAY HAS NOT YET ARRIVED!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »

Before I left for lunch, I also managed to watch both of the bonus featurettes on the last disc in the set. They didn't amount to much: about 12 minutes of information combined.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2009, 01:23:12 PM »

When I got in from lunch, I finished both FLASHPOINT episodes I had left. I had seen both of them before, but they were two of the strongest episodes of the season, so I was delighted to watch them again. I was bawling my eyes out in the penultimate episode. The last one (which harkened back to the pilot for its plot) was also tremendously gripping and emotional.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »

Next I watched today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Lots of drama with Holden's return and with Luke and Noah, so a decent episode.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2009, 01:24:27 PM »

I want these at my house...    :D

This is so cool! ;D I have two flights of stairs in my place.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »

And I concluded my afternoon viewing by watching MODERN FAMILY from last night. Some funny stuff. Loved Jesse Tyler Ferguson discovering Costco. Ty Burrell was also very funny.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »

I have enough time to rewatch the last of the HARRY POTTER films on Blu-ray: THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX. I think that's what I'll watch while waiting for tonight's primetime TV to begin.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »

Years ago, my mother was called to serve on a state grand jury. She and my dad had to spend several days in Columbia, SC. During the time of their stay, my mother got mugged, knocked down, and her purse stolen. They didn't tell me anything about it until MONTHS after the fact.

I know what you mean.  My mom takes her time telling me things.  Back in the late 1970s, it took her two and half pages of a letter to let me know my great-grandmother (maternal) had passed away.

In the 1990s, it took her a page and a half to let me know my beloved cat Dickens had been struck and killed by a car.

I prefer now to speak with her by phone at least once a week.

Still...I'm always braced to hear, "I died last week.  Had a nice funeral."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2009, 02:21:16 PM »

DR Jose vibes for your parents!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »

I watched FROST/NIXON. Very interesting movie. Frank Lagella was so good.

The story took place when i was a little kid. So I wasn't watching it remembering what had happened. But it was still very enjoyable.

The next movie I have on hold is MANAGEMENT with Jennifer Aniston. Really don't know much about it. But it would be nice if it was a good romantic comedy.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »

At 7pm I will be going to the book store 10 minutes from where i live to see and hopefully hear Kelley Armstrong read from her new book. I really have no idea how many people will be there. I assume a lot. But who knows!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up