Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOME 2010!  (Read 28851 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: WELCOME 2010!
« Reply #390 on: January 01, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »

The resolution was to avoid BAD puns.  there is no way I could avoid puns altogether. 

But I find my censor of weeding out the bad puns is already failing me.  :)

But even bad puns can be fun.

I agree!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #391 on: January 01, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »

FJL has abs and puns of steel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #392 on: January 01, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »

Finished with my viewing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #393 on: January 01, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »

My resolution is to make some progress on stagnant projects...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #394 on: January 01, 2010, 09:38:48 PM »

FJL has abs and puns of steel.

Alass..... I was looking for the like button....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #395 on: January 01, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »

Cranberries....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #396 on: January 01, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »

Deleted post

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #397 on: January 01, 2010, 09:39:37 PM »

Thoughts deleted.

Pithy ripostes torpedoed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #398 on: January 01, 2010, 09:45:54 PM »

I deleted "The Apartment." 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #399 on: January 01, 2010, 09:46:52 PM »

I liked the movie very much (and I enjoyed listening to the music), but there were some sound issues that didn't seem right.  In most of the outside scenes, there was a noise that sounded like a quiet jet plane flying through and also in a couple of the office scenes when they were in big rooms.  Very strange and just too annoying. :P

But I really liked the movie, itself.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #400 on: January 01, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »

And because I can...Gratuitous Post #400!!

FJL

« Reply #401 on: January 01, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »

Good observations about avoiding vs. eliminating!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #402 on: January 01, 2010, 09:53:09 PM »

I think the DVD of The Apartment had better quality than the hi-def broadcast.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2010, 09:56:40 PM »

There will be an interesting date this year...

10- 10 - 10

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »

I just had a bizarre thought

Frozen cranberries served with puns

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #405 on: January 01, 2010, 10:02:30 PM »

Flipping through the channels... Cops is on.... there are some scary looking mullets

FJL

« Reply #406 on: January 01, 2010, 10:19:12 PM »

Time to wussberger

George

« Reply #407 on: January 01, 2010, 10:31:40 PM »

I think the DVD of The Apartment had better quality than the hi-def broadcast.

That's sad. :-\

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #408 on: January 01, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »

DR edisaurus - I'm glad you and Greg were able to make it past the barricades last night.  -Did you guys walk up from Penn Station? or take the subway up to 57th?  -And I hope your back is feeling fine today too.  Have a great visit today with DR Ben and his ever-lovin' Ant and DR elmore.

We took the subway hoping to get off at 59th Street, but when the train didn't stop until 66th we thought we'd go back to the 42nd Street stop and walk up. But we kept walking and walking and walking and couldn't get past the barricades until 57th Street. About 10 minutes before midnight the barricades at 57th and Broadway were moves and everybody rushed south as far as they could. So we at least saw the ball drop on a big screen and were there for the countdown. We realized that this takes more planning and an earlier start than we were able to do. We should have just gotten off at 66th and walked down, but ...lesson learned....
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #409 on: January 01, 2010, 10:40:07 PM »

We had the most wonderful day today---it was just perfect in every way. We had breakfast at a diner that I'd gone to last year with Ben, Ant, Jose and Elmore and then headed to chez Benthony. I didn't know LArry was going to be there so that was an extra thrill. Ben and Anthony are perfect hosts and had an array of treats awaiting us including all manner of cocoa, sparkling peach cider, an exotic assortment of teas, and yummy baked goods and fruit. We dished for hours; they are so much fun to talk to. And the apartment was festooned/swaddled/alive with Christmas. Since we didn't have much of a Christmas this year and worked the entire time, it was wonderful just to sit and relax and enjoy the company of dear friends. 

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #410 on: January 01, 2010, 10:50:44 PM »

We left with Larry about 4 or 5 hours later to take the subway up to the TKTS booth to see what shows were available. Of course, you can guess that we went to BYE BYE BIRDIE. Even though I'd heard negative things, I do love Bill Irwin so I had to go. I was glad, too, because it made me realize what stellar singers are in the cast of FINIAN'S RAINBOW. This show was obviously cast on star power, not vocal power. (Although I will say that Gina Gershon sang better than I expected and looks nice in lingerie.) John Stamos was pretty dreadful and hammed it up. I did like the sets, and the costumes were a little weird the way they were color coded, but it wasn't that bothersome. Conrad had no charisma and a weak voice; I'm not sure where they got him. Bill had his moments; singing wasn't one of them but he had a lot of great physical comedy. Afterwards we met him outside and he said that he didn't know what he was going to do next...I guess they hadn't expected the show to close that soon either. But he said it was a really fun show to do and he was going to miss it.

Oh, between buying tickets and the show, we had a nice Thai dinner at Pongi on 48th. I had been there a few times when I was mixing a film at Sound One, and had forgotten how good (and cheap!) it was.

Then we came home and opened our bottle of champagne and watched the first reel of our baseball film. I had been saving Greg because I value his opinion so much that I wanted him to see it with a fresh eye. But now the champagne is winning and we're crashing.

Edisaurus

« Reply #411 on: January 01, 2010, 10:54:52 PM »

I would go to a Guy Lombardo-type New Year's Eve Party.

We were talking about Mrs. Miller today and thinking of you, DR Laura!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #412 on: January 01, 2010, 10:56:40 PM »

I worked a little more on the book - got over the little hump and wrote another couple of pages - over ten to be exact, certainly the most pages I've ever written on a first day of writing. 

Edisaurus

« Reply #413 on: January 01, 2010, 10:56:43 PM »

And that ends the shameless self-promo.  but I'll check with Bk before linking it to anyone.

Edit:  Looks like it's better not to link this externally, so i didn't.

Thanks, Fred! I'd missed some of these. Nice to have them all collected in one place!

Edisaurus

« Reply #414 on: January 01, 2010, 10:59:26 PM »

edi i hope you are feeling better by now.

Thanks Jane---I am better but the flight really did a number on my ears, even with earplugs. But it will be a good reason to ignore comments form someone I'm working with on this project. :-)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #415 on: January 01, 2010, 11:19:05 PM »

A Number On My Ears - that's the title of my next novel.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up