Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SHMOOTZ  (Read 16781 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: SHMOOTZ
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2010, 03:24:15 PM »

PAGE FOUR COPACABANA DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2010, 03:47:43 PM »

Is anybody else planning to watch the new FOX show HUMAN TARGET?  I believe it premieres on Fox on sunday and starts on wednesday. The canadian channel that shows it is premiering it tonight instead of sunday. I have not really heard anything about it, although i've seen numerous promos.

Yes, I plan to sample the show on Sunday. Well, I may not watch it on Sunday, but I plan to record the premiere and watch it when I can. I'm a BIG fan of Mark Valley, so I'll be interested to see what he's been up to since he left FRINGE.

we set it to record after catching a preview last night.  i didn't answer earlier because i forgot the name of the show & didn't make the connection until matt mentioned fringe.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2010, 04:07:54 PM »

How shocking!  Charmian Carr turned 67 last month.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »

And since they had a special on tickets for the ballet tonight - "Romeo + Juliet" - only $10! -I'm heading back down to Lincoln Center in a little bit to meet some friends for dinner and dancing, so to speak. ;)

Which role are you dancing?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2010, 04:35:46 PM »

Good grief!  I came home from work and that damn crock pot stew had doubled in size.  Thank goodness it tastes good, because I am going to be eating it for a week.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2010, 04:39:22 PM »

Good grief!  I came home from work and that damn crock pot stew had doubled in size.  Thank goodness it tastes good, because I am going to be eating it for a week.

Freeze half of it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »

Freeze half of it.

Great idea!  My other idea was to pour it into an envelope and mail it to you.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »

Freeze half of it.

Great idea!  My other idea was to pour it into an envelope and mail it to you.

My idea is better for both of us.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2010, 05:13:11 PM »

What a long, involved day.  The work session went well, then we went to Hugo's where I had a small Caesar and some eggs.  I'll eat very lightly tonight.  Then I wrote a couple of pages, then had to do errands and whatnot, after which I came home and finally wrote more pages.  I had an annoying missive, totally stupid - but I'm not going to let it annoy me - just more idiocy from a truly troubled person.  I've done about seven pages, I think, maybe eight.  I'll probably do a couple more when I get back later - we shall see.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »

And we'd best not be on page four when I return.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2010, 06:01:52 PM »

Post 100
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

Did Mr Stu Phillips say which of his scores was his favorite?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »

Congrats to DR JOSE on his millstone.

Is that William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet? 

The Indiana Repertory Theatre has glommed the Romeo + Juliet logo from the Leo diCaprio movie....and says they are doing a bright, new production of it......although WS's name is nowhere to be found....maybe he needs a better agent.  ANYWAY the letters are superimposed over a b/w photo of.....a 1955 Pontiac.

I really thought we had finished with this crap when we drove Libby Appel out of town.....I guess not.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »

Almost time for THE SOUP.

And then - guess what???

DR MBARNUM sent me some DVD's including more SEA HUNT!!!  It will be an entertaining evening.  I am looking forward to everything except the Gertrude Berg Show.....the actress makes me plotz.

FJL

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »

George - A coincidence, still AT THE CHUPPAH (CHUPPAH/CABANA) - the gay Jewish wedding COPACABANA parody - recently went past view #15000.  Not that I'm counting :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V6cPuTuRDE

in case you haven't seen it (or are in the mood to see it again)

FJL

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:40 PM »

I love BC/EFA and its work, but I'm confused by its donating $100,000 to Haiti relief, a drop in the bucket for the Haiti relief cause - but about 1.5% of BC/EFA's grantmaking potential.

I posted this on ATC, and hope it's not out of line, but I'm puzzled:

Admittedly very naive question: If such avail. funds, why not rehire the BC/EFA early-2009 layoffs, even part-time, if they don't have jobs yet?

Posted by:   BklynBoy 07:52 pm EST 01/15/10
In reply to:   re: BC/EFA Contributes $100,000 to UNICEF to Assist in Haitian Relief Efforts - EricL212 04:14 pm EST 01/15/10

This is going to sound naive, because it's so obvious that i must be overlooking something very basic- but if money is so available that they apparently anticipate not having to turn away anyone qualified to get funds in 2010, doesn't that mean they really didn't - with hindsight - need to do those early-in-2009 layoffs after all? I really don't feel so strongly about this, but some long-term employees had to be let go for budgetary reasons, if I understand correctly - if that turned around, why not take those people back if they haven't been able to find other jobs yet? (This is just an example, but I know I've not bought charity event tickets and even donated as in the past because of getting voice-mails rather than people, especially w/r/t going to events and such things. I can't imagine I'm the only one who gets turned off by voicemail instead of someone being physically there to talk to. But that's just an example.)

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2010, 06:40:54 PM »

Mark Valley was one of my least favorite characters on BOSTON LEGAL.  I wonder if he is the only lead on the new show.
Although if he is a good actor, and the part is good, maybe i'll enjoy him more.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »

while i don't dislike him i'm not a fan.  from the clip i saw of the new show i might change my mind.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »

i hope i can stay awake to watch any thing tonight.  maybe doing my exercises will wake me up, i would love to skip them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2010, 07:10:29 PM »

Okay, I've watched MEDIUM and I guess I'm ready for bed.

DR JRand59, if he's seeing City Ballet do ROMEO & JULIET, I'm guessing it's Prokofiev's ballet treatment.

I had no takers for THE MAGIC FLUTE ticket. Them's the breaks.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2010, 07:10:45 PM »

One more try for Page 5!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2010, 07:10:55 PM »

Oy!

Jane

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »

even the pain of my arm & shoulder exercises didn't do much to wake me up.  i hope it was enough,along with the rest i took an hour ago.  i really need to get some sleep tonight.

elmore i hope you sleep well tonight.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2010, 07:20:05 PM »

So very tiresome!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »

I began my evening of viewing with PROJECT RUNWAY from last night. The winning design was fresh and fun (not sure it was my favorite), but I certainly didn't care much for the second OR third place finishers. In fact, I would have placed them at the bottom of the safe group.

Of the bottom three, I think the designer who finished third from the bottom actually had the worst dress. I congratulate his vision, but it was ugly from fabric to execution. Not my taste at all. Of the remaining two, I certainly agreed that the one leaving deserved to go of those two.

So far, no one's been the superior acting bitch that keeps me from enjoying the program so I hope it continues that way. I know the show loves its "characters," but the ones who try so DESPERATELY to be outrageous always wear out their welcomes fast with me.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »

Then I watched THE MENTALIST rerun from last night. This was the one about the haunted house. The writer of the episode really didn't plant any clues at all that would have suggested who the murderer was, so guessing was one's only alternative. I guessed right the first time the show came around, and I remembered who had done it for the rerun. Still an entertaining episode, but I do like the writers to play fair with the audience.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »

GHOST WHISPERER has been edging closer and ever closer to my list of dropped shows over the course of the last couple of months, but I did get involved with this story of a family on the run, and by the end I was deeply affected and teary-eyed. So, a reprieve for the show for me. There was also more Jim and much less of the kid this week, much to my satisfaction.

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »

MEDIUM had a very good episode tonight, too. Though I eventually figured out the connection before we got to the revelation at the end, it was still another very involving episode. The actor who played the rapist acts "the creep" very well indeed.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »

George - A coincidence, still AT THE CHUPPAH (CHUPPAH/CABANA) - the gay Jewish wedding COPACABANA parody - recently went past view #15000.  Not that I'm counting :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V6cPuTuRDE

in case you haven't seen it (or are in the mood to see it again)

I had see this before, Fred...and I just watched it again! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »

'night
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up