Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE AUDIO COMMENTARY  (Read 3360 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE AUDIO COMMENTARY
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 04:03:42 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 04:45:48 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 04:47:06 AM »

Nothing more to report at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 05:21:26 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 05:23:53 AM »

Lovely photos and videos, and I love Boswell's "Send in the Clowns".

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 05:24:28 AM »

There's a pretty solid dream I had that refuses to let itself be remembered.

KevinH

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 06:52:10 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 06:52:53 AM »

Nice videos and photos from yesterday and today, BK!

KevinH

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 06:53:51 AM »

Looking forward to Tom Sawyer!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 07:07:08 AM »

Glad to read that Huckleberry Finn is going to on the Tom Sawyer DVD.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2016, 07:53:13 AM »

Good morning from my desk

Matthew

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2016, 07:54:26 AM »

I've often wanted to do an audio commentary on the musicals that I conduct.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that certain people would find it funny.  Probably something to do with your closest friends and a bottle of whisky while sitting on your couch.

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2016, 09:10:24 AM »

Scrounging through the fridge for stuff to use up, I just made for myself an egg and chili and cheese and onion concoction.

You wouldn't call it an omelet, and indeed I didn't even try. 

And yet it's more than a scramble.  Actually, let's just say the form defies description.  :)

The chili is some leftover Skyline from the other night, which - as I'd thought - is a fine one for adding to things like eggs.

So, it's not exactly worth any photographic evidence, but it's most satisfying!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2016, 09:33:07 AM »

More Guys & Dolls angst today.  My colleague Jason is really good-natured about my panic attacks.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2016, 10:49:10 AM »

Good for Jason :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »

DR Ginny is the Middletown that J.D. Vance described the same as the Middletown you know?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I'm sure I got a bit over eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2016, 11:49:56 AM »

I had that thing happen that hasn't happened in ages, where I'm dreaming and suddenly my calf muscle is spazzing out and then I wake and it IS spazzing out - this time repeatedly and painfully, first one leg, then the other.  It would abate, I'd fall back asleep and literally have the same dream and the same thing happen - four times, both legs.  I can barely walk but hopefully it will work itself out in the next couple of hours.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 02:02:12 PM »

Friday (late) afternoon greetings!  I was at the Holiday Bazaar venue from 10:30am-1:30pm and had a great time selling, visiting, and shopping.  Of the 18 gift bags of caramel corn I'd taken in yesterday, there were only 3 left.  I offered to make some more tonight, but we decided that we needed to sell some of the other donated foodstuffs, so I'm off the hook.  I'm working the same hours tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 02:14:20 PM »

I had that thing happen that hasn't happened in ages, where I'm dreaming and suddenly my calf muscle is spazzing out and then I wake and it IS spazzing out - this time repeatedly and painfully, first one leg, then the other.  It would abate, I'd fall back asleep and literally have the same dream and the same thing happen - four times, both legs.  I can barely walk but hopefully it will work itself out in the next couple of hours.

Yikes!! 

~~~Legs Be Better Vibes for BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2016, 02:20:23 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2016, 02:26:35 PM »

DR Ginny is the Middletown that J.D. Vance described the same as the Middletown you know?

DR Jane, I wasn't very far into it before I commented to Richard that J. D.'s Middletown reality and ours were entirely different.  The more valid comparison would be between him and Rob, because they're about the same age.  Rob was raised in a stable household by 2 professional parents and we all have the same last name.  We saw that he got to school every day, except when he was sick of course, and we provided enrichment in the form of Scouts, travel, church, etc.  The 2 guys attended the same high school, but Rob was clearly on a college-prep track that included taking classes at the Miami University campus during his senior year.  To my recollection, he only saw his parents clash (mildly) once and that was traumatic enough.  I'm not denying that many families like J. D.'s still exist here, but their circumstances are not Middletown's fault.

J. D. was the speaker at last night's Middletown Community Foundation annual meeting and will speak next Wednesday at Miami University in Oxford.  Several of us are going to hear him then.  His book is well-written, but he comes across as very impressed with his own accomplishments.  He is not the only Middletonian to attend an elite east coast university - my friend Emilie graduated from Wellesley in the 1950's and Betty's daughter from the Yale School of Drama more recently.

I'm looking forward to discussing the book with my friends next Thursday evening.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2016, 02:27:03 PM »

Friday (late) afternoon greetings!  I was at the Holiday Bazaar venue from 10:30am-1:30pm and had a great time selling, visiting, and shopping.  Of the 18 gift bags of caramel corn I'd taken in yesterday, there were only 3 left.  I offered to make some more tonight, but we decided that we needed to sell some of the other donated foodstuffs, so I'm off the hook.  I'm working the same hours tomorrow.

DR Ginny, did you see the Wright State No No Nanette?  Did you report on it and I missed it?

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2016, 02:37:38 PM »

DR Vixmom, I'm glad to share my caramel corn recipe:

20 cups popped corn
2 sticks margarine
2 cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1 tsp. salt
Pinch of Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. vanilla

Put the popped corn in a large roaster pan that you've greased with the wrappers from the margarine.  In a medium saucepan, combine the margarine, brown sugar, Karo syrup, and salt.  Carefully bring the syrup to a full boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly (it can burn easily).  Remove from heat and stir in cream of tartar and vanilla (makes an interesting chemical reaction).  Pour the caramel over the popped corn and stir.  Bake in a 250o oven for 1 hour, stirring at 15-minute intervals.  Cool completely, break apart, and store in airtight container.

Tips:  I don't measure 20 cups of popcorn, but just fill up my turkey roasting pan.  To time the baking, I set out 4 toothpicks and set the oven timer for 15 minutes; each time I stir I discard one of the toothpicks and set the timer for another 15 minutes.  When I'm out of toothpicks, my hour is up.  And wear an oven mitt when stirring, because that caramel is HOT and can burn your hands!

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2016, 02:38:11 PM »

DR Ginny, did you see the Wright State No No Nanette?  Did you report on it and I missed it?

We're seeing it Sunday as part of Richard's 70th birthday celebration.

FJL

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »

Get-better-quickly vibes for BK!

Matthew

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2016, 04:20:51 PM »

Page 2????   What??

Matthew

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »

BK - that happens to me all the time.  Just point your toe as forward as you can and that will stop the spazzing.  You may hurt for a bit until you walk on it, but that's the best way to stretch it out again

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2016, 04:47:25 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2016, 04:47:55 PM »

I'm still  here.

Haven't left.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up