Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW AND IMPROVED SPEAKERS  (Read 6530 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE NEW AND IMPROVED SPEAKERS
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2016, 01:01:32 PM »

I need a nap.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »

Ooh, look what I found! Page three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2016, 01:01:56 PM »

Page three? Really?
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »

So, I was planning to come back after the election, but it's pretty clear that I would only face hostility.  It's a shame.  My dad has alzheimers and mom has dementia, Paul hasn't talked to me in nearly 2 months...I could have used the friends.  But it is what it is

It's hard to feel sorry for - or be friends with - anyone whose vote supports of the KKK and the American Nazi party and the Putin regime.  I support nominess who don't publicly hate women, gays, Latinos, Muslims, African-Americans, Asians and who don't wish to end Social Security, Medicare, Planned Parenthood, not to mention denying global warming, sacred Native American sacred grounds, and other things I consider important to my well being and that of my friends. 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:43:17 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2016, 01:03:38 PM »

TOD: I remember saving up my pennies and tips from my paper route to get one of those all-in-one stereos with the cassette player attached, so that you could tape albums and not get background noise. The cassette player was the first to go. It was all a mess. I think Panasonic made it.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2016, 01:06:39 PM »

TOD: I remember saving up my pennies and tips from my paper route to get one of those all-in-one stereos with the cassette player attached, so that you could tape albums and not get background noise. The cassette player was the first to go. It was all a mess. I think Panasonic made it.

I ran through several of them.  I remember carting one to high school for my freshman English class to listen to the OBC of "Camelot." Patsy Gilley was the teacher, very pretty lady.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:44:44 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2016, 01:58:05 PM »

121 served today at the soup kitchen
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »

Congratulations to bk on his new plateau
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 02:07:04 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »

So, I was planning to come back after the election, but it's pretty clear that I would only face hostility.  It's a shame.  My dad has alzheimers and mom has dementia, Paul hasn't talked to me in nearly 2 months...I could have used the friends.  But it is what it is

It's hard to feel sorry for - or be friends with - anyone whose vote supports of the KKK and the American Nazi party and the Putin regime.  I support nominess who don't publicly hate women, gays, Latinos, Muslims, African-Americans, Asians and who don't wish to end Social Security, Medicare, Planned Parenthood, not to mention denying global warming, sacred Native American sacred grounds, and other things I consider important to my well being and that of my friends. 

No one hates more than you Larry, no one

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2016, 02:28:55 PM »

I don't hate you.  It would be like Trump making fun of the mentally and physically challenged.  He hates.  He's frighteningly hateful. I don't think I am; I've had to stand up for myself and my security since I was a child.  I've had to fight for myself most of my life, and I've learned not to suffer any fool with patience.  I had no intention of picking a fight with a person I once considered an intelligent friend if she came back to HHW, and i said nothing when you showed up to gloat after the election.  I don't hate you.  I don't like you any more, but that's not hatred.

You lost my friendship during the election when you posted on Facebook "I'm going to post pro-Trump bullshit and if anyone posts something anti-Trump I will remove it."  Then, you became E&T here for the past months - too many Klan meetings, I guess - and when you come back today, what we got was "poor li'l me, no friends here either," that was it.  If you hadn't started in on your self-pity, I would have said nothing.

Well, fuck your self-pity.  You voted for a Nazi creep, and you want respect for that?.  You voted for an anti-gay platform and you want your gay friends and gay family members to be supportive?  This has nothing to do with hatred, it has to do with your hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:07:33 PM by elmore3003 »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2016, 02:40:29 PM »

That is a truly nasty comment and totally uncalled for.

I have now lost all desire to post here. And, Cilla, it's not the first time you've chased me away due to your posts. I've never said an unkind word to you, but you've crossed the line.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2016, 03:50:33 PM »

121 served today at the soup kitchen

WOW!

Jane

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2016, 03:53:33 PM »

I too feel the hate so I suppose it is perspective, especially when it is directed at you. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »

The E&T Cillaliz began the fight after I posted, just before her, that I believe the Trump administration is crooked. I have made no comments about her absence or candidate preferences except for one comment the other day when i was trying - perhaps failing - to explain my departure from HHW last week.

What I do not like - I do not hate the woman - is her now-standard practice of making little nasty ugly snips like a rabid dog before she runs away and logs out because people are being mean to pore li'l her.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:49:18 PM by elmore3003 »

Jane

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2016, 04:12:07 PM »

Sometimes anger feels like hate.  If you recall, you didn't like something I questioned during the last election, got mad at me and dropped me as a facebook friend.  Do I feel like you hate me, no but your anger often hurts.  I have seen it directed way too hard at Cilla, so if I were her I would think you hated me.

All this anger against people with different views truly breaks my heart.  Open communication, maybe more than ever, is incredibly important right now.  Understanding why someone who is not anti-gay, anti-all the other groups you mentioned and still voted for Trump is too important.  If we can't communicate or understand their reasons, or reach out to other people than how can you expect them to unite if/when these rights begin to be lost. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2016, 04:15:16 PM »

Let's leave hate for elsewhere, please.  This site isn't about hate.  I understand this is a very volatile time and emotions run high on both sides of the coin.  So, Facebook is a perfect place to let off steam since that site has devolved into the craziest place ever.  Let's just not do that here - it's caused us problems before and while I know it's hard not to let off steam let's try our best to remain the wonderful safe haven that we are. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2016, 04:17:40 PM »

Today's session was really fun and really good and we wrapped two hours early and that included a thirty-minute lunch break.  We brought in from one of those California Chicken places - I had one chicken breast and a little side of pasta salad.  Kay is in great voice and she's such a pro and takes whatever little direction you might throw at her, and Boswell is simply as good as it gets.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2016, 04:22:15 PM »

And one final thought: The anger over this election is like nothing I've ever seen.  And I do know people who voted for Mr. Trump and they're not yahoos or weirdos - they had their reasons and voted their conscience, which is the right of every human.  And whatever those reasons are is absolutely fine - what's not necessarily fine is to ignore the hate, misogyny and bigotry spewed forth during the election because that is simply vile and unacceptable and it has seemingly enabled and given some very bad people leave to do very bad things.    If this turns out to be four years of racism and horrible things, if that continues,  then I'm afraid there is only one direction you can look in.   And that's all I'm saying about that.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:35:45 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2016, 04:23:44 PM »

Now, where in tarnation IS everyone?

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2016, 04:27:32 PM »

Exactly Bruce.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2016, 04:28:52 PM »

We were invited to a Thanksgiving celebration and I offered to make a pumpkin roll.  Then the woman said to her husband I offered to make all the desserts, for 22 people.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »

The E&T Cillaliz began the fight after I posted, just before her, that I believe the Trump administration is crooked. I have made no comments about her absence or candidate preferences except for one comment the other day when i was trying - perhaps failing - to explain my departure from HHW last week.

What I do not like - I do not hate the woman - is her now-standard practice of making little nasty little snips like a rabid dog before she runs away and logs out because people are being mean to pore li'l her.

You changed this, including the questions I answered.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2016, 04:33:26 PM »

We were invited to a Thanksgiving celebration and I offered to make a pumpkin roll.  Then the woman said to her husband I offered to make all the desserts, for 22 people.

Did you correct her?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2016, 04:36:31 PM »

Which thread, FJL?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2016, 04:37:16 PM »

Listening to Sibelius - the fifth symphony a wonderful piece.  I'm not thrilled with this performance by Davis.  So, I may reupload the Maazel, which I like better.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2016, 04:39:04 PM »

Did you correct her?

No.  I am making a batch or two of cookies, depending if I can also take peanut butter haystacks.  On of the children can't eat peanuts but her mother said not to worry about it.

FJL

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2016, 04:40:43 PM »

Which thread, FJL?

Oh, sorry BK, I'd reconsidered the post and removed it here, but since you saw it, i'll link to the ATC thread (All that Chat links are only "good" for a week or so.)

This is the sub-thread.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2355598

FJL

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2016, 04:44:30 PM »

It would be so easy to get swept back into the All That Chat negativity, even four years without any BklynBoy posts there.

FJL

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »

But i should channel this into something useful

FJL

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2016, 04:45:13 PM »

Like finding page 4
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up