Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW AND IMPROVED SPEAKERS  (Read 6545 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE NEW AND IMPROVED SPEAKERS
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2016, 05:12:50 AM »

Last nice warm day for a while -- 60 today, then it drops to the low 40s for the week, with occasional rain.  Ugh.  I must finish up some leaf blowing today.  It won't be the end of it, but it will clean a couple of areas pretty well and leave us in better shape for the next several days.

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2016, 05:42:07 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I'll be E & T today because my DN(iece) Laura is in town for the weekend and we're going to play.  Craft show at Edgewood High School, craft stores, visit Gram (Mom to me), pick up the turkey for tomorrow.  We'll be home by 3:30 for the Michigan kick-off - Go, Blue!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2016, 05:46:06 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2016, 05:46:15 AM »

Up too early.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2016, 05:46:43 AM »

Long day ahead including ushering for the symphony, which is doing the Pathetique Sympony. Should be fun.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2016, 05:47:22 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2016, 05:48:32 AM »

Sleeping is still quite poor since the therapist's prodding and mauling.  Still, I will do my exercises today.  No pain no whatever.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2016, 05:49:24 AM »

Congrats, BK, on the milestone. And continued miracle vibes.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2016, 05:49:37 AM »

I have no idea if I'll leave the apartment today.  I don't need to step out, and I'm content to stay inside.

John G.

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2016, 05:51:32 AM »

Last night we celebrated my friend Gail's birthday. She got an autographed copy of Unsung Sherman Brothers and really appreciated it. She's a major Disney fan, so it had an extra meaning for her.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2016, 05:52:08 AM »

Vibes for our DR vixmom!  Feel better!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2016, 05:53:37 AM »

DR FJL, I saw the "Hamilton" cast speaking to the rapidly exiting Pence, who supposedly heard most of the comment from the lobby, although I doubt the creep ever paused to listen.

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2016, 05:58:57 AM »

TOD:

We had an okay, not great, Sears-variety console stereo and a couple of portable record players in the house.  I first got exposed to decent component stuff by my first year college dorm roommate, who listened mostly on good headphones.  I got my own set of headphones and loved listening to his records and reel to reel tapes. 

When I moved into my first room away from the dorms the next year, I thrilled to going to one of the hi-fi/stereo stores in town and picking out my first set of components:  Dual turntable, secondhand Lafayette tube amp, and a pair of AR speakers.

Higher end things, years later:  Vandersteen 2c speakers, bought in 1988 and I still marvel at their sound.  My upgraded AR turntable is a beauty, and I love the Pioneer reel to reel deck.  I've accumulated a few other vintage pieces that need going over by a good tech person, some of which I'll keep and some I'll sell.

Moving into video, the Panasonic plasma is still a treasure (I only wish I'd had the presence of mind to get the largest one), and the Oppo Blu-ray player and Pioneer (lower end of the Elite line) receiver deliver the goods.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2016, 07:03:14 AM »

Congrats to MR BK on his millstone and on the New Speakers.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2016, 07:07:46 AM »

My family had a stereo/tv combo - which meant you could only listen to records when someone wasn't watching television....which was not very often.

We then got a small console stereo which was nice.....probably a Sears Silvertone.

My first very own Stereo was an all in one with a drop down turntable which had some really nice sound....although nothing like a real stereo.

Something like this only NOT plastic.  The turntable was red and the speakers were black and it came with a metal stand that held some LP's underneath.

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2016, 07:15:56 AM »

That's the type of portable record player I'm remembering, DR Jrand66.

And yes, Sears Silvertone.  (The only Sears name I could think of earlier was Kenmore!)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2016, 07:33:40 AM »

DR FJL, our pathetic, whiney little baby president-elect has demanded the cast of "Hamilton" apologize to Pence.  My political thought: bite me, Donald.

DR FJL, I think you might like these tweets:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-musical-twitter_us_582ff7f0e4b030997bbfa134
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:46:47 AM by elmore3003 »

FJL

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2016, 08:26:05 AM »

DR FJL, our pathetic, whiney little baby president-elect has demanded the cast of "Hamilton" apologize to Pence.  My political thought: bite me, Donald.

DR FJL, I think you might like these tweets:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-musical-twitter_us_582ff7f0e4b030997bbfa134

Those are very funny!   Great link!

And now HAMILTON tickets will be even harder to get.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2016, 08:36:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - maybe five hours of sleep.  I was in bed by twelve-thirty and couldn't fall asleep.  Go know.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2016, 09:30:11 AM »

I must go out to market, so I'm dressed and set to go.  I need apples, broccoli, cauliflower, watercress, sprouts, and Krazy Glue.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 10:14:55 AM »

I am back and there have been no posts in nearly 45 minutes!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »

Everyone is at the beach with Einstein.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2016, 11:32:28 AM »

DR elmore, " Pence stood just outside the auditorium door, listening to the full speech".

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2016, 11:39:55 AM »

DR elmore, " Pence stood just outside the auditorium door, listening to the full speech".

I sincerely don't believe it.  And if he did, do I care?

Jane

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »

I'm just quoting what was reported in the Washington Post since you brought it up and doubted he listened. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »

I'm just quoting what was reported in the Washington Post since you brought it up and doubted he listened. 

And I still doubt it. I even mentioned in my post that he supposedly listened from the lobby.  And if he did listen, he missed the message.  The only good thing about this new administration is that we know it's already crooked going in, so we won't be unpleasantly surprised in two-three years.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:09:22 PM by elmore3003 »

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2016, 12:26:49 PM »

So, I was planning to come back after the election, but it's pretty clear that I would only face hostility.  It's a shame.  My dad has alzheimers and mom has dementia, Paul hasn't talked to me in nearly 2 months...I could have used the friends.  But it is what it is

Jane

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2016, 12:31:29 PM »

I am sorry Cilla.  We have been pretty quiet here, until today.  I wondered about Paul.  It truly breaks my heart that people cannot be more understanding.  All this hate, IMHO, is doing much harm.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2016, 12:34:04 PM »

And I still doubt it. I even mentioned in my post that he supposedly listened from the lobby.  And if he did listen, he missed the message.  The only good thing about this new administration is that we know it's already crooked going in, so we won't be unpleasantly surprised in two-three years.

I did miss where you said he supposedly listened from the lobby.  Still,, supposedly is being reported as a fact that he did. 

John G.

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2016, 01:01:22 PM »

I, too, am sorry for what's happening to you, Cilla, and hope that we can be friends despite political differences. I can't deal with that much hate in my life. So, I hope to see you here again more often in the future.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up