Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE  (Read 2849 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  We've been out for my post-op appointment with the eye doctor, who is quite pleased with my progress.  I'm very glad not to look like the Phantom of the Opera any more.

Very good.

Jane

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2016, 08:13:01 AM »

Possible snow DR TCB.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2016, 08:13:40 AM »

As far as I can tell from the television promos, HIDDEN FIGURES is the true story about how the Mercury Project, including the first US man in space John Glenn, was really accomplished by three sassy mamas who did all the work while everyone else at NASA stood around and wrung their hands......

That's not what I got from the movie preview, although the preview does push the sassiness and comedy.  I had the impression the film deals with the unsung people who went uncredited, possibly because of race, and who were as important to the success as the ones who got full credit.  I've been there. Several times.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:18:37 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2016, 08:14:21 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  We've been out for my post-op appointment with the eye doctor, who is quite pleased with my progress.  I'm very glad not to look like the Phantom of the Opera any more.

Good news, DR Ginny!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 08:15:33 AM »

DR elmore I hope you recharge your batteries, what I call down time, today and feel more positive tomorrow.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 08:15:39 AM »

Hugs for Elmore.

Thanks!  I had a nice talk with Joshie about things, including fixes to the "Love for Sale" trio, that made me feel with had been self-insulgent enough for one day.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:17:56 AM by elmore3003 »

Jane

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 08:15:57 AM »

Good Health Vibes for everyone?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 08:16:59 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Happy Birthday to our DR Dakota Celt  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 08:17:39 AM »

DR elmore I hope you recharge your batteries, what I call down time, today and feel more positive tomorrow.

Thanks!  I actually feel much better already.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 08:33:03 AM »

If it weren't for the casting of the leads, DR ELMORE, I would feel the same way you do.   Of course, I could be wrong....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 08:33:03 AM »

As far as I can tell from the television promos, HIDDEN FIGURES is the true story about how the Mercury Project, including the first US man in space John Glenn, was really accomplished by three sassy mamas who did all the work while everyone else at NASA stood around and wrung their hands......

That's not what I got from the movie preview, although the preview does push the sassiness and comedy.  I had the impression the film deals with the unsung people who went uncredited, possibly because of race, and who were as important to the success as the ones who got full credit.  I've been there. Several times.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Their real story is amazing. Don't know how Hollywood the movie will be.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 08:34:07 AM »

A little Love for Sale is good for ails you.

Did I get the message right?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2016, 08:36:04 AM »

Day before yesterday, the AC was called for. Last night the heat came on. Today's high will be less than 60. Tomorrow it will be warm, sunny and in the 70s.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2016, 08:36:31 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Their real story is amazing. Don't know how Hollywood the movie will be.

This and the preview for "Beauty and the Beast" were the only films I want to see.  The previews for this Guy Ritchie King Arthur epic and Wonder woman looked like a lot of hyper-inflated CGI effects and no more.

John G.

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2016, 08:44:28 AM »

This and the preview for "Beauty and the Beast" were the only films I want to see.  The previews for this Guy Ritchie King Arthur epic and Wonder woman looked like a lot of hyper-inflated CGI effects and no more.

You want people in your movies? How limited is that?

😄
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2016, 08:50:50 AM »

You want people in your movies? How limited is that?

😄

I like dialogue, too...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2016, 09:21:30 AM »

Jane

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »

:) :) :)

Jane

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2016, 09:22:42 AM »

Watching the previews for the movie was the first time I had heard about this. 

Jane

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2016, 09:23:25 AM »

Day before yesterday, the AC was called for. Last night the heat came on. Today's high will be less than 60. Tomorrow it will be warm, sunny and in the 70s.

I was very glad I packed a blouse with our winter clothes-lol

Jane

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 09:25:05 AM »

Oh, and glad the heavier blouse I would have taken was a shade of orange.  I don't wear orange during the holiday season as it tends to clash with the decor.

FJL

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 09:32:42 AM »

Elmore - great to hear the financial situation! 

But sorry to hear that today you're feeling down.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »

Elmore - great to hear the financial situation! 

But sorry to hear that today you're feeling down.

Thanks, DR FJL! It appears to have vanished as quickly as it hit me this morning. It's not easy being screwed up.

John G.

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »

Oh, and glad the heavier blouse I would have taken was a shade of orange.  I don't wear orange during the holiday season as it tends to clash with the decor.

Orange never clashes in Texas. It's the UT school color.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2016, 09:54:23 AM »

Just got the all-clear to log out of work. Nice. It was slow anyway.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2016, 09:54:58 AM »

I may sneak out and go to the movies.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2016, 09:55:14 AM »

I wrote:
Yes i bought my copy. Does your library often have such short e-books?

DR Jane wrote:
Sometimes but the original publish date was Jan 3rd.  I just purchased it.

Are you sure?  The 4th Man only came out this week on Dec 27th

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »

Every action has a reaction.  Yesterday was a good day, and today is a downer.  I'm relatively healthy, better off financially than I've been for the past three years, but I'm very depressed today.  At 7:00 this morning, I cancelled therapy and stayed in bed.  I finally forced myself to get up and dress just after 9:00.

{{{Hugs and Vibes of Comfort!!}}}
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2016, 10:34:23 AM »

Healing vibes for Ginny.

~~~Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2016, 10:40:07 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up