Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS  (Read 43062 times)

FJL

Re:JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2007, 01:15:10 PM »

Is it almost time for page 6?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2007, 01:15:26 PM »

M-o-o-n -- that spells "Mitsubishi lamp"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »

DR BK:  I recommend you look on eBay for a spare lamp.  I understand you can get good deals on eBay for such things.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2007, 01:16:58 PM »

DR MBarnum:  Any TV set that requires a lamp will need to have the lamp replaced in time.  The best thing about this, though, is that the replacement lamp makes the TV "as new" all over again.  But if this seems too outre, just avoid LCD/DLP TVs.

Go plasma.  And pray the gas doesn't leak out.  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:49:54 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »

Is it almost time for page 6?

Why ask about 6 when it's obvious we need to get to page 7?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2007, 01:19:12 PM »

This post will say absolutely nothing.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2007, 01:19:27 PM »

This post will say nothing more than the last.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »

This post says less.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »

This says less.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2007, 01:20:11 PM »

This = less.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2007, 01:20:28 PM »

Nada!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2007, 01:20:42 PM »

Nil!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »

Danville PA, which is a couple of hours from Harrisburg, I'm still shaky when it comes to geography in the area.

Believe it or not, I used to go there on business. It was basically the middle of nowhere back then.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2007, 01:21:07 PM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2007, 01:21:53 PM »

Believe it or not, I used to go there on business. It was basically the middle of nowhere back then.

"Doing business in the middle of nowhere" -- that should be the title of a "making a fortune selling on eBay" book.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2007, 01:27:37 PM »

Tax memo, tax memo
Save me some tax
Bend me some rules
Twist all the facts

Tax memo, tax memo
Cite all your books
And get me a zero tax

Great opening number!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2007, 01:28:15 PM »

Well, I certainly hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems the only downside of my new job is that I am scheduled to work on Friday night at 6:30, which provides a direct conflict of interest with our dear Brain release party...

You don't sound well. It looks like you are coming down with the flu. Maybe you shouldn't go to work. Take two cd release parties and call me in the morning.

I sure if you explain that the party for your recording debut is the same time as work. Perhaps they will let you come in late or leave early.

Perhaps bribe them with an autographed cd.

If they don't let you go they are

STUPID STUPID STUPID!!
Never stop dreaming.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2007, 01:31:18 PM »

"Doing business in the middle of nowhere" -- that should be the title of a "making a fortune selling on eBay" book.

Good point, Ron.

I wish I had made a fortune there. As one of only two females in the department I was sent in to appease a very difficult customer.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2007, 01:33:44 PM »

Good point, Ron.

I wish I had made a fortune there. As one of only two females in the department I was sent in to appease a very difficult customer.

Does it sound like I'm complaining? Let's just say that was one of my more aggravating career experiences. Now I'll drop it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2007, 01:36:53 PM »

Just what IS under my five year extended warranty is anyone's guess.

Since you have a DLP, I'm guessing that the spinning color wheel inside as well as the mirrored microchip that the lamp shines on to produce pictures are both covered by your warranty.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2007, 01:39:14 PM »

It's clouding up now, so I'm guessing we are going to get their rain they predicted. I certainly wouldn't have believed it a couple of hours ago. It was like spring outside. If it continues like this, my daffodills will be blooming by next Monday.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »

I began my afternoon with CSI: MIAMI, a DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES-like story of an upscale neighborhood ripe with thieves, swapping spouses, serial killer doctors, etc. All good clean fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2007, 01:46:02 PM »

STUDIO 60 came to a whimpering end (for the time being anyway) with some really atrociously lazy writing. Harriet's director friend turns into a jerk before her eyes, and she breaks up with him and goes back to Matt. Huh? Where did the director Tim's jerky attitude come from all of a sudden? We've never had ANY indication that he could be such a prick. And he was right: Harriet had had the script for months. Her having problems with scenes in the middle of shooting was astoundingly unprofessional. Again, not any kind of behavior we've ever seen from her. So why now? Because in order for her to go back to Matt, these things had to happen even if they didn't remain true to the characters as we know them. Bad.

The simulated baby storyline was very predictable and not funny.

And as I watched Matt wrestling with "Jason the Mason" as a comic idea, I thought it was obvious; a brick mason who acts as if his job were full of secret rituals, handshakes, a la the freemasons.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2007, 01:50:11 PM »

Ended the afternoon with MONSTER HOUSE on Blu-ray. Motion capture was used to do this clever animated film, the same process used with THE POLAR EXPRESS a few years ago.

In HD, the animation was astounding (all three animated films I've seen on Blu-ray - CORPSE BRIDE, OPEN SEASON, and now this - have been visceral experiences). The Dolby Digital 5.1 track shook the house.

I thought it was perhaps ten minutes too long, and the boys as drawn seemed a bit young to be mooning over girls. Still, it had some wonderful humor and the animation was tops.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2007, 01:51:24 PM »

"Studio 60" was a mini-series idea that someone believed would translate into a TV series.

I got bored with it several weeks ago.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »

Ended the afternoon with MONSTER HOUSE on Blu-ray. Motion capture was used to do this clever animated film, the same process used with THE POLAR EXPRESS a few years ago.

OOH!  OOH!

"The Polar Express"!

I've got to watch that one real soon....now that I can "appreciate" it!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2007, 02:00:34 PM »

In a thread at Film Score Monthly Messageboard, the subject is about a new CD being announced tonight by Intrada as part of its "Excalibur Series" (i.e., a rerecording of a classic movie score).

The talk is all about Miklos Rozsa and "El Cid" and how one person hopes it is and how another person also hopes it is, ad infinitum, along with a post or two about how it won't be "El Cid" because someone else has announced plans to record it, etc.

"El Cid" is a GREAT movie score.  It's my personal favorite Rozsa score.  But....I have enough of "El Cid" to appease my taste, especially since every bit of material others have recorded from the score fall far too short of the brilliance of Rozsa's own recording of it on the movie tracks (tracks which are, regrettably, lost).  A so-called "faithful" re-recording was done a number of years ago...and it's DREADFUL.  

So....I joined in the discussion and voice my hope that the new title would be anything OTHER than another Rozsa re-recording.  Primarily, it's because I have virtually every great score he wrote represented on CD and LP...and because I don't really want another recording of something well-represented in my collection.

I just said I hoped it would be something by someone else because there are far too many great scores not represented by any recordings that ought to be done.

Well....you'd think the mob was looking for me with torches and a rope to fling over the highest branch of yon olde oak tree.

Why did I have to be so negative?  How can I call myself a fan of Rozsa and say such a thing?  How can I say I love that score above all Rozsa scores and NOT want another recording?

F**K me to tears!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2007, 02:08:12 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2007, 02:18:06 PM »

Oh.  Now I want to see EL CID.  

Genevieve Page and John Fraser as brother and sister. :)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2007, 02:19:47 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up