Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE GRECIAN URN  (Read 76501 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:ONE GRECIAN URN
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2007, 08:01:12 AM »

As long as it isn't saying "tear-y" instead.  Your poor sheets!

[groan]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2007, 08:01:27 AM »

I couldn't be any clearer if I 'as button hook in the well water!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2007, 08:01:45 AM »

*looks around*

Is this page seven?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2007, 08:02:01 AM »

Here's another milestone.  Seven pages before 8 a.m.

Who'd a thunk it?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2007, 08:02:13 AM »

DR Ginny, whoever would have guessed in the 1970s that THE FANTASTICKS and its creators would figure so heavily in my future life?  I am certain there's a profound comment to that effect in THE MUSIC MAN, so I can write off the viewing today as a research item.

Do all these lovely people know about the production you directed here in your hometown?  And that in it you cast me in the role that was suited perfectly to my singing talent - The Mute?

Well, I guess I'll  have to listen to both of those cast albums while dismantling Christmas today! ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2007, 08:02:24 AM »

DR RLP house number one is yours!  Good luck with that.  Looks like a Cherry Phosphate to me!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2007, 08:02:30 AM »

*looks around*

Is this page seven?

By thunder, you're right.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2007, 08:02:58 AM »

I must fly....I will meet you at the footbridge.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2007, 08:03:38 AM »

It took a few seconds to grok that "house number one" reference.

How much should I make out my check for.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2007, 08:04:40 AM »

Do all these lovely people know about the production you directed here in your hometown?  And that in it you cast me in the role that was suited perfectly to my singing talent - The Mute?

Well, I guess I'll  have to listen to both of those cast albums while dismantling Christmas today! ;)

The Mute is a VERY important role.  I missed The Mute in the movie version.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2007, 08:06:10 AM »

It's 8:02 a.m.

I've had some sleep, but my head tells me it needs more.

I feel so enervated, though.  I could just....

....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2007, 08:06:50 AM »

,,,mftplx....huh?.....

...oh.  

Good Morning, Edisaurus!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2007, 08:08:03 AM »

I have a "habit" of shouting out "Shipoopi!" in rehearsals at the end of a dance number.  Whether it's the "Shipoopi" or The Music Man or not.  ;)

That is hilarious!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2007, 08:09:54 AM »

LOL DR ELMORE.  

Allison always said she wanted to tackle George Bernard Shaw's St Joan onstage...and I am sure there would have been an audience for that!

DR JRand56, I love the late great Allison, but the thought of her sneering her way through four hours of ST JOAN makes me appreciate her extant oeuvre all the more!  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2007, 08:11:49 AM »

...On the other hand, I've never eaten pancakes at an IHOP!
I remember when the International House Of Pancakes opened, in Taluca Lake, back in 1958.  I loved their Silver Dollar pancakes, and later fell in love with their Swedish pancakes (with lingonberry butter).

The current IHOPs are nothing compared to the International House of Pancakes of olde.  Der B and I dined at the local IHOP recently, and were quite disappointed.  Bleh.

Locally, the Crystal Diner serves much better meals.

And you can't get grits at IHOP.  At least not the one here.  The Crystal Diner serves wonderful grits.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:09:43 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2007, 08:16:46 AM »

And for the perfect accompaniment to that pain perdu...

Sprinkle slices of thick-cut bacon with a mixture of brown sugar and cayenne - about 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne to a 1/2 cup of brown sugar - or to taste.  Arrange slices on a wire rack.   Cook in the oven at 450 until done.

Bon Appetit!

6:23am EST - *Be sure to check Page Four for the actual recipe.  ;)
Come now, DR Jose!  We both know you would much rather make the mixture closer to 50/50!!!  

As would I!!!

:D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2007, 08:17:32 AM »

But, I'd have to say, a double order of hash browns "scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, topped, diced, peppered, and capped" would make for some mighty fine eatin' right now.  :)

I'm not familiar with "capped", and Waffle House was born here in Atlanta so I've had my share. Is capped some sort of NY gangster method of serving them, or does it refer to mushrooms?

They closed the WH near my house after decades. It was a big homeless/drug dealer haven. We would always see people out in the parking lot, sleeping (or something) in their cars. Whenever we'd eat at another WH in Atlanta, we would mention ours and people would just roll their eyes and refer to it as the Waffle Crack House. For some reason, I always took these insults a little personally. That place was full of real characters. I was sad when it closed.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »

I got up to get my paper.  Last week's Sunday paper was apparently too much of a temptation to one of the residents of this here condo....or....a visitor of one of the residents.

We had the same problem with our paper. We finally set up a hidden camera and caught the guy on tape!

Ginny

« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2007, 08:26:40 AM »

The Mute is a VERY important role.  I missed The Mute in the movie version.

It was actually the most difficult role I've ever had, because I had no lines to which to attach my blocking.  But, out of our 4 performances, I was 7 for 8 catching the plums - without my glasses!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2007, 08:27:26 AM »

We had the same problem with our paper. We finally set up a hidden camera and caught the guy on tape!

That'll teach 'em to mess with people who know about filmmaking!

Ginny

« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2007, 08:29:28 AM »

Anybody gonna join me to follow Grease:  You're the One That I Want which starts tonight?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:30:13 AM by Ginny »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2007, 08:32:20 AM »

Good morning!

Gray and cold here this morning, quite a change from the late spring weather we had been enjoying. Still, it IS January, and this is the norm. Should get to the low 50s today if we're lucky.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2007, 08:34:34 AM »

Put me on the list of adoring THE MUSIC MAN. I had the chance to see the original company on Broadway in 1958 and we went to MY FAIR LADY instead. In those days, my aunt and uncle would only do one Broadway show a trip, and MY FAIR LADY was the one. One I flipped head over heels for musicals and made a stink about it, we'd go to more than one per trip.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2007, 08:35:35 AM »

Der Brucer is insisting that I get my buttcheeks out of his way so he can read his newspapers on-line.   :P

Edisaurus

« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2007, 08:36:46 AM »

That'll teach 'em to mess with people who know about filmmaking!

The funniest thing was that we got two newspapers: The Atlanta Journal and the Marietta Daily Journal. The thief walked into the yard, picked up one paper, threw the plastic sleeve in the yard, and walked almost a block down the street before he came back, got the OTHER paper, threw the sleeve in the yard, and walked away, content with his choice, which was the Atlanta Paper. The MDJ is a rag that has never reported the news in an objective manner. We thought it would make a good ad: "Read the AJC. It's worth the risk"!

Matt H.

« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2007, 08:37:53 AM »

I think I mentioned this some months ago, but I put in GYPSY on DVD one night and was so stunned at the transfer that Warners did that I immediately went to THE MUSIC MAN when GYPSY was over. It was clear to me then that the two transfers were worlds apart in quality. It does look fine, but it doesn't have the richess in color saturation and razor sharpness that GYPSY has. In fact, I think GYPSY is the best musical transfer of all the Warners/MGM musicals on DVD that haven't been put under Ultra-Resolution.

(I haven't watched FINIAN'S RAINBOW yet.)

Edisaurus

« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2007, 08:38:49 AM »

The Music Man has always been my favorite musical. It was the first movie musical I ever saw, and although I didn't understand a lot of the lingo, I absolutely loved it!

"A dime novel, hidden in the corn crib!"

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2007, 08:41:47 AM »

Good morning, Jeanne!  Hope you had a pleasant evening and are bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the day ahead.

Good morning, Ron! My, aren't you on top of things this morning--and after so little sleep!

Indeed, good morning to all you H/Ks--and lurkers, as well!

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2007, 08:41:49 AM »

I was okay with Dustin Hoffman until RAIN MAN. His one-note over-praised performance really turned me off to him on that movie, and then in every subsequent picture, I could see the wheels turning in his method. Now, I find him pretty unbearable.

As for TOOTSIE, I really think Teri Garr gives the best supporting performance in the movie, not the Oscar winning Jessica Lange. Of course, even she admits that voters gave her the award as a consolation prize since she wasn't going to win for FRANCES with Meryl Streep's SOPHIE'S CHOICE as her competition. Sorry that Teri came out on the unfair losing end of that competition.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2007, 08:43:56 AM »

I do believe my left eye wants to get more sleep now.

Ron, I don't mean to get personal, but just what do you do when one eye wants to sleep and the other does not?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28   Go Up