Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE GRECIAN URN  (Read 76510 times)

Cillaliz

Re:ONE GRECIAN URN
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2007, 08:44:02 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - a couple of suggestions for the stains:

CLR - since they are recent.

Lighter Fluid - used carefully and not WITH the CLR.

Thanks, CLR can etch if you're not careful, so I sprayed on more Clorex Clean-up with Bleach and let it sit. They are fading, so I think I'll just keep doing that every day or so and see if they totally disappear

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2007, 08:44:03 AM »

I still have THE HARDY BOYS to finish today, and after that, I think I'm going to watch the LARA CROFT: CRADLE OF LIFE DVD which came in yesterday.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2007, 08:45:17 AM »

Has no one watched the behind-the-scenes extra on the DVD? Most unseemly!

Actually it's not one of my favorite things, but I had fun editing it! WB left me completely alone and didn't have any changes.

I didn't have a DVD player when this was released so I've never watched the BTS. (The company gave me a copy on Laserdisc, but I didn't have a player, so I gave it to a friend who did.)

Maybe I'll open the DVD I bought a few years ago and finally watch it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2007, 08:45:42 AM »

And tonight we get back to some new show episodes: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BROTHERS & SISTERS, COLD CASE, and WITHOUT A TRACE.

Also, I'm going to sample GREASE: You're the One That I Want reality show tonight, too.

Edisaurus

« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2007, 08:47:31 AM »

Good Morning, Edisaurus!

It took me so long to read this plethora of posts that I completely missed Ron! Hope you're getting some good sleep!

Now I may be off for a nice hot pecan waffle. I blame Jose!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2007, 08:47:50 AM »

...every time I see THE FANTASTICKS, I'm eighteen again.

REALLY?!!! Wow, I'll have to try that.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2007, 08:49:25 AM »

Oh, what a cynical morning
Oh, what a cynical day
I've got a crotchety feeling
Nothin' is goin' my way
Oh what a cynical day

Cute!

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2007, 08:49:32 AM »

Ok, I have to confess, I really don't like the Music Man.  Maybe I'm just Iowa stubborn...

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2007, 08:52:49 AM »

I do like most of the songs in The Music Man. I think I may just be extremely sick of it, everyone has to do it here.  One summer there were 3 productions of it within a 25 mile radius and within 2 weeks of each other.  

Ginny

« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2007, 08:53:29 AM »

Ok, I have to confess, I really don't like the Music Man.  Maybe I'm just Iowa stubborn...

DR Cillaliz - my mom has some good friends from Iowa who feel the same way.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »

I was okay with Dustin Hoffman until RAIN MAN. His one-note over-praised performance really turned me off to him on that movie

Aren't most autistics pretty one note anyway?

I loved Tootsie---everything about it. I think the last DH performance I enjoyed was "Wag The Dog". I would have walked out of "Meet The Fockers", but I went to Randy Newman's scoring session in LA and wanted to see the finished product.

I saw him on a few talk shows promoting MtF and for some reason was really turned off by him. So I haven't bothered to seek out any of his newer films.

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2007, 08:54:06 AM »

I can't believe we're over 200 posts already. I was going to go out for lunch, but I think I must go have breakfast instead. You have all given me a craving for hash browns..I like mine naked

Ginny

« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »

Lighted garlands and red bows removed from the front porch railing -  check!  And just in time, too.  It was starting to rain as I was finishing up.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »

Laters.....

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2007, 08:55:49 AM »

DR Ginny, whoever would have guessed in the 1970s that THE FANTASTICKS and its creators would figure so heavily in my future life?

DR ELMORE,
For those of us relatively new to HHW, could you fill us in? Or maybe some other H/K would do so in your honor?

My first encounter with THE FANTASTICKS was with BK, who loved it, esp Soon It's Gonna Rain, iirc.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2007, 08:59:32 AM »

Oh, they are having an open house at the house next door today. It's been on the market for at least 9 months and maybe 10 months. They haven't come down in price since September.  It's not a bad house. It's a little cut up and it has a jacuzzi in the bedroom with windows surrounding it and that's not a plus here.  The market is so soft here, there is no way they are going to get their asking price.  So, it sit's empty

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »

Aren't most autistics pretty one note anyway?

They can be, but the performance seemed a trick whereas Tom Cruise, who I think gave the performance of his career as his brother, was completely overlooked.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »

Now, I'm on my way to prepare lunch, get the laundry started, and then settle in with some DVDs.

WBBL.

Edisaurus

« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2007, 09:07:27 AM »

Speaking of Waffle House, I know Mrs. Waffle House, Mary Welch Rogers. She used to sing with our orchestra when I worked for them. If you go into a WH, you will see many songs about the WH on the jukebox sung by her. (But don't play them...the employees hate it!)

I'm not sure Mary is still married to Mr. Waffle House, but she was in the last feature I edited, "The Adventures of Ociee Nash", in a scene that owes more than a little to Pick-a-little, talk-a-little"!

You can see her in our trailer:
http://www.ociee.com/trailer.html
at the table, gossiping with the other ladies.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2007, 09:23:09 AM »

Anybody gonna join me to follow Grease:  You're the One That I Want which starts tonight?

Isn't Ms Marshall lucky she has the public to cast her show for her?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2007, 09:25:05 AM »

Isn't Ms Marshall lucky she has the public to cast her show for her?

Will we do any worse than those who cast that Matthew Broderick TV version of The Music Man?  The best performance in that was Middletown-native Debra Monk as Mrs. Paroo.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2007, 09:28:59 AM »

I do like most of the songs in The Music Man. I think I may just be extremely sick of it, everyone has to do it here.  One summer there were 3 productions of it within a 25 mile radius and within 2 weeks of each other.  

It's poor to inept local productions of classic shows that turn the adolescent morons on Broadwayworld.com off better shows than that crap they thnk is wonderful!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2007, 09:30:36 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up! I'm up!

And so is (was?) DR Ron Pulliam.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2007, 09:31:02 AM »

Will we do any worse than those who cast that Matthew Broderick TV version of The Music Man?  The best performance in that was Middletown-native Debra Monk as Mrs. Paroo.

Exactly.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2007, 09:31:22 AM »

DR elmore - It wasn't all about sausage.  I mentioned a baguette too.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2007, 09:32:01 AM »

It was actually the most difficult role I've ever had, because I had no lines to which to attach my blocking.  But, out of our 4 performances, I was 7 for 8 catching the plums - without my glasses!

Coach Shembechler could have used you at Michigan. Or whoever was coaching Miami at that time could have used you too!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2007, 09:32:57 AM »

DR JRand - Just a clarification - and only because I had one actor who would really milk this line - and I loved it!

Eddie!  That's Eddie's clarionette!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2007, 09:33:02 AM »

I have never seen THE MUSIC MAN. However, if the film version starred the cast that DR Ginny saw on stage, I would have certainly watched it by now.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2007, 09:33:26 AM »

Anybody gonna join me to follow Grease:  You're the One That I Want which starts tonight?

Question: In the last Broadway version, did they use that song and others exclusively from the movie?

MBarnum

« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2007, 09:34:42 AM »

I have never seen TOOTSIE either, pretty much for the reasons stated by JRand56 (although I am sure Mr. Hoffman is a fine person in real life)....plus I seem to have some sort of aversion to most theatrical films made in the 1980s. I don't know why.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28   Go Up