Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE GRECIAN URN  (Read 76509 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:ONE GRECIAN URN
« Reply #360 on: January 07, 2007, 11:22:59 AM »

I was waiting for der B.

Well, I was still picking on you!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2007, 11:23:16 AM »

I was waiting for der B.

That can take a while.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #362 on: January 07, 2007, 11:24:21 AM »

Gosh, I kinda doubt it.  I'd imagine several folks posted more than 100 times on some of the record days of HHW.com.  

I know I posted well over 100 for the oscar posting frenzy
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2007, 11:24:52 AM »

I was "into" soundtracks and I used to stare at a record as it played and try to imagine the scene from the movie that the music accompanied.  That thought led to wishing a little projector would pop up and show me the scene as I listened to the music.

I can't have been alone in doing this.

Some of the choreography in my head turned out to be better than what was on the screen....when it was later seen...

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #364 on: January 07, 2007, 11:25:08 AM »

Angel collection cleared from the piano and shadow box and packed away - Check!  

DS Rob will be quite surprised, because the angels have been on display since before Christmas 2005.  Every time he'd come home for a 2006 holiday, he'd tease me about the Easter angels, the Memorial Day angels, the Fourth of July angels, the Labor Day angels, the Thanksgiving angels.

Do you realize that by putting them away, you are terminating a special thing you have with him?  Even if it was in jest, I'm certain he's going to miss those angels...and the holiday references that were created for them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:25:39 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #365 on: January 07, 2007, 11:25:11 AM »

For years, Dobbs House provided the Delta in-flight meals...and they were great.

My DH worked there for about 2 months as a summer job. (His dad used to work for Delta.)

He just told me some horrible stories I won't repeat here.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #366 on: January 07, 2007, 11:26:09 AM »

My DH worked there for about 2 months as a summer job. (His dad used to work for Delta.)

He just told me some horrible stories I won't repeat here.

NO-O-O-o-o-o-o-o!!!!!!!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #367 on: January 07, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »

...but I wonder if anyone here has stories about tangoing at the Anvil.

I have many stories about "activities" at the Anvil, which I will gladly NOT share 8)

der Brucer

PS The ones about the Meat Rack are better!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #368 on: January 07, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »

I have VERY mixed feelings about "You're The One that I Want"....I am reticent...oh yes....I am reticent.

Do we really NEED another GREASE revival? is the first question that comes to my mind.  Would I really want screaming fangurls casting MY show on Broadway?  And...my goodness...how OLD are those people?  Some of them might as well put "Sandy or Miss Lynch" on their audition sheets.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #369 on: January 07, 2007, 11:27:54 AM »

I was "into" soundtracks and I used to stare at a record as it played and try to imagine the scene from the movie that the music accompanied.  That thought led to wishing a little projector would pop up and show me the scene as I listened to the music.

I used to play music and watch cartoons with the sound of and make my own "music videos". I would get such delight from those serendipitous moments of random synch. No wonder I went into the music video business.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »

That can take a while.
Want a Snickers?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #371 on: January 07, 2007, 11:29:06 AM »

Bureaucracy at work:  Between 8 and 9am today, DH Richard and I detected that our house had very low water pressure.  He called the city non-emergency number for public works and was told that there had been a water main break not far from here.  He had the presence of mind to ask about drinking the water and was told that the entire city is under a boil advisory.  So, we knew to brush our teeth with bottled water, etc.

Just before 2pm (that's 6 - count 'em 6 - hours later) we got recorded telephonic message alerting us to the boil advisory.  What about the folks who didn't call early this morning and who went ahead and consumed the water?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #372 on: January 07, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »

I think I shall watch the documentary on Music Man today.

Remember--I did it 8 years ago. I'd like to think that my editing has improved somewhat.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2007, 11:29:13 AM »

Sounds like the sort of thing Benjamin Kritzer might do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2007, 11:29:34 AM »

Boy wont some of the HHWers on teh west coast be surprised when they come to the forum!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #375 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »

Ye gads, indeed!  So much to read!

PAGE 13 AT 11:30 AM??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #376 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:22 AM »

Boy wont some of the HHWers on teh west coast be surprised when they come to the forum!

You got that right, honey!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #377 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:28 AM »

Are you sure you want to share these intimate details ::)

I will share those, but I draw the line at the Dobbs House stories. Some things you DON'T want to know!

George

« Reply #378 on: January 07, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »

Back to Page 1 to ketchup on everything! :o

DERBRUCER

« Reply #379 on: January 07, 2007, 11:32:12 AM »

Projected revival:

"Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe" with Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #380 on: January 07, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »

Do you realize that by putting them away, you are terminating a special thing you have with him?  Even if it was in jest, I'm certain he's going to miss those angels...and the holiday references that were created for them.

Not to worry, DR Ron, he'll find something else to tease me about!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2007, 11:32:22 AM »

PAGE 13 AT 11:30 AM??
We were bored and we came out to play early!

FJL

« Reply #382 on: January 07, 2007, 11:32:54 AM »

I remember as a seven year old imagining a world where we could reach into our TV set each week and pull out the new, automatically generated TV Guide. Guess I was a weird kid.

For that and other reasons.  :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2007, 11:33:23 AM »

the entire city is under a boil advisory.

Looks like there will be a run on lances.

Ewwwwww....

George

« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2007, 11:33:27 AM »

I will share those, but I draw the line at the Dobbs House stories. Some things you DON'T want to know!

I can hardly wait to find out what you're referring to! ;)

Edisaurus

« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2007, 11:34:02 AM »

Jeanne, did you get my email yesterday?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #386 on: January 07, 2007, 11:34:13 AM »

Projected revival:

"Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe" with Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell

der Brucer

ewww that's a growner...

More like War of the Roses errr interesting hairdos!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #387 on: January 07, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »

DR ELMORE, perhaps with a good director, she could have been better, but then, can you imagine someone else you would rather see set on fire at the end of an evening?

ROTFLMAO!!!!  

I do loves me Miss Hayes of the perpetual sneer and heaving bazooms.  She had class with a capital K!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #388 on: January 07, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »

Sir, the entire city of Lansing is under a boil alert!

Is that from something?

:)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #389 on: January 07, 2007, 11:35:54 AM »

What about the folks who didn't call early this morning and who went ahead and consumed the water?

Population control - Ohio style!

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28   Go Up