Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE GRECIAN URN  (Read 76501 times)

FJL

Re:ONE GRECIAN URN
« Reply #420 on: January 07, 2007, 11:52:13 AM »

And one formica

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #421 on: January 07, 2007, 11:53:44 AM »

Anybody gonna join me to follow Grease:  You're the One That I Want which starts tonight?

Maybe...will there be snacks?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #422 on: January 07, 2007, 11:54:54 AM »

And one formica

Man these pages are whizzing by!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #423 on: January 07, 2007, 11:56:55 AM »

I'm worn out/exhausted/spent.

I need a short nap to recover.

Ciao-ders.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #424 on: January 07, 2007, 11:57:34 AM »

Man these pages are whizzing by!

A "Urinetown" reference?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #425 on: January 07, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »

Must go shower so I can go over to the new house and get completely dirty again.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #426 on: January 07, 2007, 12:01:05 PM »

What if You're the One That I Want tanks, ratings-wise. Will they still do the Broadway show?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #427 on: January 07, 2007, 12:02:42 PM »

I am going to watch THE MUSIC MAN.  I may not hit 7000 till tomorrow.
I will survive.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #428 on: January 07, 2007, 12:03:20 PM »

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #429 on: January 07, 2007, 12:03:40 PM »

Richard Fleischer's CHE! Currently on Fox Movie Channel. Maltin famously says, "You haven't lived till you've seen Jack Palance as Castro."

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. It could have been cast better, but Palance doesn't seem that bad, and I'm no huge fan of his.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #430 on: January 07, 2007, 12:04:57 PM »

What restraint! 6 posts shy of 7k and elmore taps out.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #431 on: January 07, 2007, 12:10:18 PM »

Sounds like England...maybe because the food is so blah. They would put ketchup on spaghetti!

Umm...I actually used to do that, myself. ::)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #432 on: January 07, 2007, 12:14:22 PM »

I've finally caught up on all the posts!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2007, 12:16:38 PM »

My sister just called.  She and my mom are coming over a little later to put up curtains in my house.  I don't know if they're going to put them up here in my TV/computer room, or just downstairs in my one little kitchen window and the back sliding glass doors.  I'll find out soon enough.

Edisaurus

« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2007, 12:33:13 PM »

Umm...I actually used to do that, myself. ::)

I wouldn't mind, if I hadn't cooked the spaghetti and spent a lot of time on the sauce!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #435 on: January 07, 2007, 12:34:29 PM »

Went to put a few CDs away and got caught up in trying to get some stuff organized.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #436 on: January 07, 2007, 12:41:25 PM »

15 Pages!!!!!

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #437 on: January 07, 2007, 12:49:46 PM »

Didn't Irving Berlin rhyme "tarry" with "marry" in "Annie Get Your Gun"?

Actually, I believe it rhymes with "merry."
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #438 on: January 07, 2007, 01:03:38 PM »

It's beginning to look a lot unlike Christmas in our house.  Everything is put away except the tree and we'll do that tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #439 on: January 07, 2007, 01:04:31 PM »

Oh, and the Christmas dishes, which we'll put away after we run the dishwasher next.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #440 on: January 07, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to Miss Joan Ryan's house to sing through material for a couple of hours.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #441 on: January 07, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »

The other day I was lamenting the fact that I had always wanted to see RIO RITA (1929), and it was just too primitive to get shown very often.

Lo and behold, in the newspaper TV section this morning, I saw that TCM is showing the 1929 RIO RITA next Sunday morning at 6 a.m. I can't BELIEVE my luck!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2007, 01:20:18 PM »

Aren't most autistics pretty one note anyway?
There's a class of autistics that comes to the store about once a week, usually on Thursdays, with their teachers, learning how to shop.  I get a kick out of helping them out, and most of them seem to get a kick out of this total stranger smiling, talking with them, and treating them like normal people.  As a group, they're quite shy and unsure of themselves, but very nice.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #443 on: January 07, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »

Quite enjoyed the rest of THE HARDY BOYS mystery. I hadn't remembered the ending, and so it was like seeing something new from time to time.

Edisaurus

« Reply #444 on: January 07, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »

I watched the rest of "Life After Tomorrow" last night. It was very interesting and well-put together. But I couldn't help but feel the lack of Andrea McArdle. I saw her in a few clips but there were very few mentions of her. BK, any insight as to why she wasn't included? I've never seen the show, but I have always thought of her as the definitive "Annie". And I never knew Sarah Jessica Parker was an Annie!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #445 on: January 07, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to Miss Joan Ryan's house to sing through material for a couple of hours.
What kind of material?

Poplin?  Satin?  Something sheer, or heavy like muslin?

You could try singing though something flashy like lame, but that would muffle your voices terribly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #446 on: January 07, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »

On the second disc in the HARDY set, Leonard Maltin does another introduction (different from the one on the first disc), and in it, he mentions that there WAS a second Hardy mystery - THE MYSTERY OF GHOST FARM.

I thought I remembered a second Hardy mystery from THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB, but in talking with someone yesterday about it, I talked myself out of it saying that maybe I was confusing it with the second SPIN & MARTY serial.

Anyway, I'm hoping Disney will release this one in another year or so. I'd love to have both of them.

Matt H.

« Reply #447 on: January 07, 2007, 01:28:03 PM »

I watched the rest of "Life After Tomorrow" last night. It was very interesting and well-put together. But I couldn't help but feel the lack of Andrea McArdle. I saw her in a few clips but there were very few mentions of her. BK, any insight as to why she wasn't included? I've never seen the show, but I have always thought of her as the definitive "Annie". And I never knew Sarah Jessica Parker was an Annie!

I remember reading an interview with her, and in her comments about ANNIE, I got the feeling that she doesn't remember it fondly. She was very bitter about losing the Tony to Dorothy Loudon (who she considered was a supporting actress in the show and not the lead), and she didn't want people to think of her as that little girl who was always singing "Tomorrow." She seemed to think that memories of her in that show closed doors for her to be considered a grown-up actress, so she wanted to talk about other things she had done on Broadway- Belle and Fantine rather than just ANNIE all the time.

MBarnum

« Reply #448 on: January 07, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »

Ok, ok, you people have forced me to put THE MUSIC MAN into my NETFLIX queue.

Matt H.

« Reply #449 on: January 07, 2007, 01:31:37 PM »

The second disc in the HARDY set also contained a lengthy interview with Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk conducted by Leonard Maltin. Tim looked very good; Tommy, less so. Of course, I know Tommy has had a very hard life since leaving Disney in the mid-60s. At one point, I think he was practically destitute and working as a janitor when his acting career petered out. I believe he also had a terrible drug problem for a long time, so I guess we're fortunate that he's still around to talk about those years.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28   Go Up