Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GREAT WHATSIT  (Read 17778 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE GREAT WHATSIT
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2011, 08:46:38 PM »

today i worked until 10 pm but tomorrow I am leaving at noon because it is PROM night!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2011, 08:47:07 PM »

Frdiay is graduation and Saturday is the PARTEE!!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2011, 08:49:17 PM »

Dear JRand,
Has your theater ever performed "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee?"

Never - if you read Esther's letter about our "by God" language in THE MUSIC MAN, you realize why we couldn't do a show with a song titled "My Unfortunate Erection."

I must say however that like clockwork, the show was put forward each year by none other than my friend Ernie.

Maybe you should suggest doing it and dedicating the performance to Ernie.

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »

Ok, I'm going to go down the basement and at least look at it and empty the dehumidifier.   I'm glad I didn't work down there tonight, my shoulder has been really sore and I don't want to aggravate it too much

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »

Whew!  I went down there and I apparently succeeded in getting out the worst of it last night.  It doesn't smell nearly as bad as it did and the dehumidifier has really dried it out.  It doesnt' look like any more has come in, so taking a night off was a great idea. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »

I will say all this rain is great for my new trees.  They look very happy

Laura

« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »

Always a silver lining, I guess, Cillaliz.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »

Here are some picture of the flooding from KMOT, NBC affiliate

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.207992072577329.50909.113338562042681

Has there ever been a year like this one, as far as flooding?  I mean in modern times, not when elmore was a youth.

Not to this extent in the Three different river basins The Red River of the North, Mississipp-Missouri, and Ohio basins, have all had bad years but not like this year

Excessive snowfall in the mountains and across the northern plains, midwest and northeast have provided challenges. The plains area in Canada and the US have had EXCESSIVE rain throughout the spring. Parts of Montana saw up to 10 inches of rain in one week. This years' flooding is making 1997 look mild. 1993 was a bad year for the Mississippi

Never all the river basins at once
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »

I am glad to see that Sioux City still has a beautiful band stand
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

There are now waterfalls in Minot where waterfalls are not intended

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2011, 09:33:15 PM »

Canada is not immune to the flooding either

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »

http://www.minotredcross.org/

This is the Red Cross Chapter geared for this part of ND. Also they are looking for donations for the housing of animals belonging to evacuees

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2011, 09:44:02 PM »

Josh Duhamel, originally from Minot, is also encouraging people to give

http://twitter.com/#!/joshduhamel

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »

Vibes to ND!  I saw the reports on from Minot on tv. Wow.  This is a crazy time.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »

I'll have to find some of my close up photos of the bandshell.  It's really cool.   You can't see the detail in those photos.   My house was built the same year as the bandshell. I didn't realize that until tonight

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »

That is interesting. It is a beautiful  place

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2011, 09:56:22 PM »

Thanks everyone for listening to me complain about my troubles the past few days.  I was not ready to deal with all that when it happened.  Now that it's under control, I realize how many people have it worse than I do.  I have the ablitiy to fix this and I'm actually looking forward to the change, now that I've gotten  started

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »

Good Luck Cilla!

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2011, 10:01:18 PM »

Thanks Dakota.

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:45 PM »

Hope everything is good with you

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2011, 10:10:05 PM »

Time for bed...night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2011, 10:56:46 PM »

Just got a really irritating e-mail saying the lab session is cancelled for tomorrow.  I wrote back a nice but firm e-mail stating that I cleared the time in my schedule and that it's really problematic to have this cancelled at the last minute like this.  Now I have to clear THREE days next week because we're certainly not finishing in a four-hour session on Friday - I've asked if we can go five or six hours to make up for some of the lost time - that would, at least, be helpful.  And I asked that we now stick to what they tell me is the schedule without any further changes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2011, 11:51:22 PM »

Dear JRand,
Has your theater ever performed "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee?"

Never - if you read Esther's letter about our "by God" language in THE MUSIC MAN, you realize why we couldn't do a show with a song titled "My Unfortunate Erection."

I must say however that like clockwork, the show was put forward each year by none other than my friend Ernie.

Maybe you should suggest doing it and dedicating the performance to Ernie.

Capital Playhouse here in Olympia did the show earlier this season and it was a great success!  I was even called up on stage as one of the audience spellers...I was the first one and I misspelled the darn word. :-X
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2011, 11:53:39 PM »

Just read some tweets and other reports about the death of a stagehand at the Al Hirshfeld Theater where the current revival of How To Succeed... is playing. Details are still sketchy at this point, but tonight's performance did end up being cancelled. Daniel Radcliffe and John Laroquette announced the tragic news to the audience.

:o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »

The details thus far are that a twenty-nine year old stagehand went into cardiac arrest due to a drug overdose.  That's what I've read anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up