Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A MAN'S GOT TO DO WHAT A MAN'S GOT TO DO  (Read 19241 times)

MBarnum

Re: A MAN'S GOT TO DO WHAT A MAN'S GOT TO DO
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2011, 08:01:24 AM »

Here is the question I should have asked on Wednesday's Ask BK: Why will people eat "pork butt" but they won't even consider "beef tongue?"

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2011, 08:02:03 AM »

HONDO just ran on some HD channel, I caught the last half hour or so.  Weird casting for Page, don't you think?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »

I hadn't realized Anna Massey died until I was reading an old VARIETY this morning.  Did that get posted here?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:04 AM »

I hope I didn't start too much controversy with my original Michelle Bachman post, but when the woman says that gays are part of "Satan," well, she is not going to have me as a fan.

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2011, 08:07:48 AM »

TOD:

DVD:
Two Rodd Dana (when he was known as Robert Mark) spaghetti westerns.

DVR:
HOT IN CLEVELAND

CD:
Some new Turkish pop music courtesy of Ebay

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:17:48 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2011, 08:08:39 AM »

I took today off, and now I must decide if I will begin the cleaning of my office/guest room or go to the gym first.

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2011, 08:09:29 AM »

DR Jose, glad the show went well last night!! Snap some photos of the cowboys for us, in or out of costume.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2011, 08:09:57 AM »

DR JRand, glad also that the latest PCPH show went well!

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »

DR DRuxy, I remember seeing THE RISE AND FALL OF LEGS DIAMOND many, many years ago, although I recall almost nothing about it except that I seem to recall my favorite character actress Dorothy Neumann has a tiny role in it towards the beginning.

The film's star, Ray Danton, is someone that many of my interviewees who worked with him at Warner Bros. seemed to despise.

FJL

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »

Oh... Before I go...

A Vibe Request...

My sister-in-law and niece were supposed to attend last night's opening night performance. I hadn't heard from the all day, and finally called my sister-in-law around 5:00 and left a message. A few minutes later, she called back. It turns out that she had been at the doctors all day. And she will be seeing another doctor today, an oncologist, to have a biopsy done. She seemed very calm yesterday when I talked to her, but I'm sure any and all VIBES would be appreciated. Thank You.

Vibes for Jose's family!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2011, 08:21:26 AM »

Sunday evening, I shall be taking in Johnny Crawford and his 1920's Dance Band at Pioneer Playhouse in Danville, Kentucky.

I have their recording. It's quite wonderful!

I am at Toyland, safe and secure, ready to proofread a choral problem in one of the EILEEN scores before I scan everything. The dermatologist did a biopsy on something on my back between my shoulder blades, and I have my next appointment for Sept 16. She's quite lovely, and I liked her very much.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2011, 08:21:31 AM »

Weird question, jose - Is it remotely possible that there was yet another party for the donors that all that reported food was being made for?  or was that food just a figment of someone's imagination?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2011, 08:22:27 AM »

TOD:  All the new Lionsgate catalog BDs.  Got CHOCLAT and AMELIE reviewed yesterday, am now wending my way through BRIDGET JONES'S DIARY, and then a film of which I know nothing, THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PAJAMAS, some sort of Holocaust drama.

I am currently listening to that new Deodato CD I posted a YouTube link to the other day.

I loved AMELIE, wasn't crazy about CHOCOLAT.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2011, 08:25:15 AM »

Oh... Before I go...

A Vibe Request...

My sister-in-law and niece were supposed to attend last night's opening night performance. I hadn't heard from the all day, and finally called my sister-in-law around 5:00 and left a message. A few minutes later, she called back. It turns out that she had been at the doctors all day. And she will be seeing another doctor today, an oncologist, to have a biopsy done. She seemed very calm yesterday when I talked to her, but I'm sure any and all VIBES would be appreciated. Thank You.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for the sister-in-law of our DR Jose! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2011, 08:26:55 AM »

I hope I didn't start too much controversy with my original Michelle Bachman post, but when the woman says that gays are part of "Satan," well, she is not going to have me as a fan.

She's an idiot; so is her closeted husband and the horse they rode in on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2011, 08:37:51 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  The lab called at eight - so seven hours of sleep again - not enough and tomorrow she of the Evil Eye will be here, so that's another early day.  Waiting to hear back from the lab whether I'm going to see tests today - it's basically just for me to see and learn. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2011, 08:38:33 AM »

What I love about films like Hondo is that you can understand every word everyone's saying, unlike the mumbling that goes on today.

JMK

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2011, 08:58:52 AM »

I think Michele Bachmann has "chutzpah".  ;)

JMK

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2011, 09:06:38 AM »

Maybe her probably gay husband Marcus wears a "yarmulke."

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »

She's an idiot; so is her closeted husband and the horse they rode in on.

Ditto, for me, Larry!  No  controversy at all, MBarnum.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »

Maybe her probably gay husband Marcus wears a "yarmulke."

They're such bigots they probably agree with Mel Gibson that people who wear such headgear killed Christ, and they're so stupid they probably think Shirley Temple is a synagogue.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »

And, that's it for the day at Toyland! Everything is scanned and sent to London, and I can head home for whatever fresh hell awaits me there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »

Glad to see Pogue back amongst the living.  No lab today - Monday morning at eight-thirty.  But I'll be up at six announcing the new title, so it's fine.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »

Michele Bachmann Instantaneously Loses the Entire Jewish Vote Department:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvvecuWRn98

Oh my. :-X
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2011, 10:41:41 AM »

Oh... Before I go...

A Vibe Request...

~~~VIBES FOR DR JOSE'S SISTER-IN-LAW!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2011, 11:09:49 AM »

Thanks to all for the CBTD vibes....we had a fine opening night.....the show is pretty ordinary with some bright spots....but the audience - all 188 of them....enjoyed it very much....and done by 10 o'clock!

We may sell out - which will be good for us!  My cousin Lita, the director, dedicated the show to my parents.  She used to spend a lot of time with us in the summer, and she loved being with so many kids at one time.  That was very sweet of her.

:)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

In the amusing department - when the mother of the then twelve-year-old singer came to me and asked if I'd do an act for her daughter, I told her that if we went ahead that people would see what we were doing and immediately jump on the bandwagon.  We began that journey five or six months ago.  For the last two months, we've gotten the word out majorly, and the show is less than three weeks away now.  Of course, it's being advertised that she's the youngest person to do a solo cabaret act at thirteen.  So, in the last two weeks what have we seen?  I'll tell you because it's always funny to me -

A very bad cabaret director announced that he was doing a cabaret workshop for - wait for it - young teens.  He'd been inspired by seeing the young teen daughter of a friend of his.  However, since this person has spent the last decade imitating things I do (he really has), I know exactly where his inspiration came from - especially as he came to the Gardenia, heard we were doing the show with Melody and SAW Melody. 

Today, some yokel on Cabaret West announces "Teen Idol" a contest for teens who want to do cabaret.  Gee, could it have been the Facebook updates we make?  Could it be the postcard about Melody's show that he got?  It is to laugh.  We haven't even done the damn show yet and they can't wait to see if we've actually come up with a new trend.  The thirteen-year-old's mother thinks I'll be inundated with offers from other mothers of teens.  That might or might not come to pass, but already all these other people are trying to jump in and get in on it, just in case it's something that's viable and can make them some money. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2011, 11:20:32 AM »

September and October of 2004 are now the hot interest of our twenty-one GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2011, 11:21:11 AM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to Jose's sis-in-law.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »

DR Laura sorry about your old feral cat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up