Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DECISIONS, DECISIONS  (Read 14919 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »

the only new show I have watched so far this season is 2 BROKE GIRLS, which I enjoyed. I plan on watching PAN AM when it airs.

I'm curious if you like PAN AM.  While I can see the appeal I haven't set it to record.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »

Last night we watched UNFORGETTABLE and, while not thrilled, have decided to give it another try.  Keith was very bothered by the use of "third person" to do the flashbacks.  I agree there are many other possibilities which would have worked better.

It would help if those sequences weren't thought of as flashbacks.  Carrie has a perfect memory...absolutely everything about every moment is locked in her brain.  Those sequences were of her remembering those days more carefully.  Are they flashbacks?  Well, sure, but not in the conventional sense of the word.

So few people have perfect memory, and those who do can recall details you wouldn't believe.  I have no idea of a better way to show the main character examining her memory than with that visual device of showing us what she experienced...and from all the different angles.   It would be pretty dull if they just photographed her frozen in thought!  :)  Id' say they're absolutely essential to the show.  It will either fly or die by them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:30:58 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 12:32:45 PM »

And speaking of Tarzan, at the gym yesterday, after my workout, I went into the steam room followed by the tall, buff and completely nekkid young Fireman guy who also goes to my gym.

Before long there were about a half dozen other guys in the steamroom....which is about a half dozen more then normal.

After buff Fireman guy left, so did the others. Coincidence? I think not.

Did you leave, as well?   ;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »

Travel vibes for CRAIG.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »

Nice cool weather here today....and my first Thursday evening at home since July!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »

Will this week never END?

I need time for TORPOR!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »

Last night we watched UNFORGETTABLE and, while not thrilled, have decided to give it another try.  Keith was very bothered by the use of "third person" to do the flashbacks.  I agree there are many other possibilities which would have worked better.

It would help if those sequences weren't thought of as flashbacks.  Carrie has a perfect memory...absolutely everything about every moment is locked in her brain.  Those sequences were of her remembering those days more carefully.  Are they flashbacks?  Well, sure, but not in the conventional sense of the word.

So few people have perfect memory, and those who do can recall details you wouldn't believe.  I have no idea of a better way to show the main character examining her memory than with that visual device of showing us what she experienced...and from all the different angles.   It would be pretty dull if they just photographed her frozen in thought!  :)  Id' say they're absolutely essential to the show.  It will either fly or die by them.

I suppose I could have said "out of body experience" instead of "flashback".  LOL regarding the frozen in thought, though at times it looked like that to us which is why we felt it needed to stay in "first person" vs the "out of body" look.  I agree it is essential to the show and am sure it is a challenge to find the best way to do it.  I think I would have preferred black & white film, or some sort of other texture, than to watch her staring off & having an of body experience. ;D  We shall wait & see where the show goes next week.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm in New York City!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »

~~~~~CONTINUED TRAVEL VIBES TO DR JANE'S DS CRAIG~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »

Have fun tonight! Did everything work out with your tickets?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »

DR Jane - According to my friend, Brendan, who is a pilot, this is a strangely busy travel week. It could be that any of Craig's possible flight options were just no longer available without "risking" flying stand-by and hoping for a cancellation or no-show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »

Have fun tonight! Did everything work out with your tickets?

Yep! -Thanks again for the assist!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2011, 01:47:47 PM »

bk - Congrats on the sellout of "Thelma and Louise"!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »

bk - As per the long version of your webisode: Have you considered posting it in two parts? A lot of web series do that - mainly to cut down the download times for their viewers.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2011, 01:50:41 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Do you prefer to be called a "flutist" or "flautist"?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - ~~~~~TORPOR COME ROUND AGAIN VIBRS TO YOU~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

DR JRand - Is it "Zumba" or "Zoomba"? Or both? -Not that it really makes a difference. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »

So...

It turned out that the bus I got on last night makes a stop in Brooklyn before heading into Manhattan's Chinatown. I was a little worried at first that the bus was just stopping in Brooklyn, but the driver started shooing people back on to the bus who had wanted to get off for a smoke break... And ten minutes later, we were on East Broadway. :)

*And, thankfully, due to the rain last night, all of the construction on the NJ Turnpike was cancelled. The driver made great time from DC to NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »

And...

I got off the bus, walked two blocks... And some punk teenager stopped me... "You got any money? Empty your pockets."

I did get a bit worried at first, but then I assessed the situation... We were two blocks from a subway stop... There were some other people walking around... Because his pants for soooooo loose in that "gangsta" manner, there was no way he could have been gripping and hiding a gun in his waist band... He also just kept talking and talking and talking... Eventually, after I kept repeatedly telling him, "No, I'm not going to empty my pockets," he cracked a smile and said, "I'm just joking. (Duh!) My name is XXXXX XXXXX. I'm going to be famous some day."

-"I'm sure your are."

Then I hailed a cab uptown.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »

And...

We managed to catch all of the lights up 3rd Avenue. I was back at 87th & 3rd at 4:30am. -That was the perfect "Welcome" back to NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »

~~~~~CONTINUED TRAVEL VIBES TO DR JANE'S DS CRAIG~~~~~

Thank you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »

And...

I got off the bus, walked two blocks... And some punk teenager stopped me... "You got any money? Empty your pockets."

I did get a bit worried at first, but then I assessed the situation... We were two blocks from a subway stop... There were some other people walking around... Because his pants for soooooo loose in that "gangsta" manner, there was no way he could have been gripping and hiding a gun in his waist band... He also just kept talking and talking and talking... Eventually, after I kept repeatedly telling him, "No, I'm not going to empty my pockets," he cracked a smile and said, "I'm just joking. (Duh!) My name is XXXXX XXXXX. I'm going to be famous some day."

-"I'm sure your are."

Good thing that it wasn't a real mugging!  I can't imagine what I would've done!  I don't think I would've had the presence of mind to assess the situation. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »

bk - As per the long version of your webisode: Have you considered posting it in two parts? A lot of web series do that - mainly to cut down the download times for their viewers.

Or what about putting up both versions?  You could call it the "director's cut" or "extended version."

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »

How many YouTube series have had that??

You could start another trend!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:27 PM »

So far today...

Good breakfast meet-up with my friend, Tyler.

Good lunch meet-up with my friends, Eric and Pete.

Successfully found a birthday gift for my niece, Alyssa.

Had a nice stroll and browse through Chelsea Market and The Strand Bookstore.

Alas, no nap.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »

DR Jane - According to my friend, Brendan, who is a pilot, this is a strangely busy travel week. It could be that any of Craig's possible flight options were just no longer available without "risking" flying stand-by and hoping for a cancellation or no-show.

I think it was an on-line problem as everything was fine when he got to the airport & checked in.  His flight to SF left a few minutes late as it was delayed in SF (which might have triggered the online info) but arrived in SF on time.  His flight from SF to Chicago was delayed giving him plenty of time to catch it, which is good news & bad news.  Once in Connecticut he needs to pick up his car rental & find a place to crash for a few hours.  He sleeps ok on red-eyes & would have booked it had it not been several hundreds dollars more.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »

And...

-"I'm sure your are."

Good thing that it wasn't a real mugging!  I can't imagine what I would've done!  I don't think I would've had the presence of mind to assess the situation. :-\

There was no real sense of threat in his voice, so... Thankfully, my instincts and intuition were correct.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:11:20 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »

And...

-"I'm sure your are."

???  I'm glad it wasn't for real.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »

And now I need to get ready to meet my friend, Yosh, for dinner followed by tonight's performance of FOLLIES. :)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up