Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICAGO, THAT TODDLIN' TOWN  (Read 20692 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: CHICAGO, THAT TODDLIN' TOWN
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2011, 10:16:05 AM »

I like lamb shanks in the evening or any time of day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »

page three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »

Travel vibes for bk, Druxy and all on the road.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2011, 10:16:56 AM »

Ginny, I have a sister who lives near Nuremburg. Great area. Wish I were headed back there soon.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »

Vibes for TCB and all in need.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 10:18:12 AM »

TOD: Doubt I will get to hear much this weekend, but I have been enjoying Lost in Boston I and III in the car lately, especially "The Bee" sung and whistled by Mr. Guy Haines.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »

Hi, WolfeGirl!
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »

~~~Travel Vibes to BK and Druxy and Everyone Else Who Is Travelling!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2011, 10:37:30 AM »

When I just glanced at this post, I though you wrote "lamb sharks."  ???

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »

Good morning, all! I think we'll have more rain today; I just put the laundry into the washers.

Last night I slept well, but I had a long rambling dream involving Mr Steve Sondheim, Mr Jonathan Tunick, and myself and a recording of FOLLIES, I awoke with "Little White House" rolling around my mind.

This morning, I have the laundry to finish, some notes to write, and a bit of tidying up the apartment. After that, I am off to see my friend Kasey Marino in a NYMF show at 1pm, If he doesn't have to run off to his other show following the performance, I'll see if he wants to grab a cup of coffee.

DR JRand61, how long will your family be in London? I am so jealous! I hope they have a wonderful time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe Travel Vibes & Xylophones to BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elmore!! I just got in - I'm in Noo Yawk until Wednesday - and as a coincidence with your dream last night, my friends are taking me to see Follies this evening. Got time for a late lunch at Artie's one a these daze?? Love to see ya.

Oh, what a gawjus day in the Apple! Love to see any and sundried Hainsies during the short time I'm in town.

Best vibes to our beloved leader, BK.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2011, 10:40:04 AM »

Special vibes to TCB...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »

And safe travels to all travelers... Mr. Toad's wild ride getting into Newark yesterday...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »

George!! Is that you??
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41:34 AM »

Oh, boy - wi-fi...
PennyO

George

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2011, 10:42:35 AM »

And I just got this fantastic e-mail!

Subject: Your payment via United Nations ATM Master Card
Re: United Nation ATM Master Card payment Attention beneficiary, this is to officially inform you that the united nation special duty on debt settlement in collaboration with world bank debt relief have taken over the payment of Nigerian foreign debt following a bilateral agreement signed between the world bank country office and the president of Nigeria. we have verified your claim file and thus confirmed your claim to be genuine and authentic. as the beneficiary of the said fund you have been scheduled to receive your payment via a personalize United Nations ATM Master Card, we urge you to reconfirm to us your personal details for avoidance of doubt and also forward your address where your united nations personalize ATM Master Card will be delivered to. be advised to stop forthwith all dealing with any office in Nigeria if you wishes to receive your payment since we have decided to bring a final solution to your problem. right now we have arranged all payment through our swift card payment center that is the latest development from world bank president and united nations secretary general. this card center will process your U.N ATM Master Card which you will use to withdraw your money in any ATM machine in your country, so if you would like to receive your fund by this method please do let me know by return mail indicating your acceptance to receive your payment by ATM Master Card while i will furnish you with details of the procedure Note that the united nations and world bank has approved and ordered the director to issue out to you the sum of us$10,500,000.00 as full payment for this fiscal year 2011 of your original fund. more details will be released to you as we progress. we wish to advice you to adhere to our simple instructions to avoid any hitches in receiving your payment by this U.N ATM Master Card. Regards, Prof. David A. Graham Director special duty on debt settlement United Nations Delegate

;)

FJL

« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 10:42:53 AM »

Hello, PennyO!!!!!!

George

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 10:42:55 AM »

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »

Fred!!!! Georgie!!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 10:45:58 AM »

I'm staying in my friends' 2-bedroom luxury apt right across the street from Juilliard on 66th - wow.... such a difference from when I arrived here in 1972... oh, m'gawsh!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2011, 10:48:13 AM »

I was great friends with the gentleman's mother, back in the day... she was a friend of my mother, and I enjoyed her attention throughout my childhood... she died more than 15 years ago, but came to me in a dream recently and told me to call her son, whom I hadn't seen or spoken to in over 40 years... and here I am.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2011, 10:49:08 AM »

Have a swell day, all o' y'all... I have to call the LA Dept of Cultural Affairs about a grant proposal I recently submitted on behalf of Rogue Machine Theatre....
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »

ciao!
PennyO

George

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2011, 10:57:44 AM »

I was great friends with the gentleman's mother, back in the day... she was a friend of my mother, and I enjoyed her attention throughout my childhood... she died more than 15 years ago, but came to me in a dream recently and told me to call her son, whom I hadn't seen or spoken to in over 40 years... and here I am.

Very interesting!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »

Very interesting!

Yes it is. :)

Jane

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »

DR elmore did you see Penny's post to you in the middle of a quote?

Jane

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2011, 12:07:08 PM »

I had a decent work out.  Now I need to get ready to leave for my lunch date.  I popped in as I forgot to wish DR Druxy's safe & easy travel vibes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2011, 12:13:42 PM »

Dearest, darlingest PennyO! I'm good until Sunday, and I am good for Artie's any time!

I have returned from the NYMF show TIME BETWEEN US, with my friend Kasey Marino, a 90-minute one-act musical about 30year friendship between a gay man and a straight woman from college graduation to late middle age. I liked much of it, The score was played by a piano and cello, and I liked a lot of it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2011, 12:14:03 PM »

Yummy! I love lamb shanks, preferably with mashed potato.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2011, 12:50:54 PM »

Welcome from Chicago - Rosemont to be exact.  Plane ride was very nice and the hotel is also very nice.  Druxy was downstairs when I checked in, like a welcoming committee.  I'm going downstairs now to have a drink with him and Bridget Hanley.

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »

We are back from the luncheon, which was quite nice with fa-boo food!  We've changed clothes and will now go to the Middfest venue to deliver the cheese ball and crackers that I'm donating to the Sponsors' Lounge.  We also have to take the centerpieces to wherever they're going to use them next.  Then we get to enjoy the Middfest opening ceremony and tonight's festivities.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up