Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE THROES  (Read 24900 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:IN THE THROES
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »

PAGE NINE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2008, 11:11:10 PM »

Anyway, after lunch, TCB and I drove back to his work in Tacoma where he left his car.  I dropped him off and headed back south.  One of the reasons that I was thinking about postponing today's lunch (other than saving gas) was that tonight was the volunteer appreciation dinner at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts, here in Olympia.  But I decided to go ahead with the lunch with TCB, Skip and Fred and I'm glad I did. :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 11:14:34 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »

But fortunately, I was able to get to the dinner shortly after it started.  It was mostly finger food, so had a few pieces of cheese, some carrots and a small piece of carrot cake and a very small (and I mean small) brownie.  It all tasted good, but everything small.  I'm glad I ate before I got there. ;)

George

« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2008, 11:17:51 PM »

They announced their next season and the two shows that I can remember are the touring companies of Gilligan's Island: The Musical with Greg Brady himself, Barry Williams(!) and Moving Out, The Twyla Tharp/Billy Joel dance musical.

George

« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2008, 11:19:36 PM »

The one BIG performer that I'm VERY excited about is...

George

« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2008, 11:19:57 PM »

...wait for it...

George

« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2008, 11:20:21 PM »

LINDA EDER!! :D

George

« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2008, 11:27:18 PM »

Evidently, the major sponsor went to the Washington Center with the idea.  I CAN'T WAIT!!  I saw her in concert a few years ago in Seattle with Michael Feinstein and she was incredible!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 11:27:40 PM by George »

George

« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2008, 11:28:30 PM »

When I saw her in Jekyll & Hyde in 1995 (I think), she was riveting when she stood there and sang.  When she just "acted"...not so much. ::)

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2008, 11:44:29 PM »

Little BK, happy at last.

George

« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2008, 11:53:34 PM »

Every year at the volunteer appreciation dinner, they have door prizes.  This year, I won two tickets to Harlequin Productions' production of "Antony and Cleopatra" in October!  Value=$66!  It was the big prize!  If I had gotten there on time, I wouldn't have gotten the ticket that I got and I wouldn't have won.  So it's a good thing, all around!

George

« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2008, 12:22:34 AM »

I'm sorry, BK, but I just can't hang on anymore.  After all that driving and eating and excitement today, I'm just not able to keep my eyes open.  So, good night.  I'm doing the Wussburger.  

Good night, guests, also.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up