Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A CERTAIN SORT OF LETHARGY  (Read 23642 times)

Ginny

Re:A CERTAIN SORT OF LETHARGY
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2008, 08:49:56 AM »

Exquisite butterfly photos, DR Laura!  Rob's girlfriend went last Friday to the butterfly show at Cincinnati's Krohn Conservatory.  She said they sprayed her arms Gatorade so that the butterflies would land on them.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:20 AM »

they sprayed her arms Gatorade so that the butterflies would land on them.

So there IS hope for getting DR MBarnum a date, after all!     :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2008, 09:01:09 AM »

DR FJL - August is a great birthday month too!

Yes, it is.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2008, 09:01:33 AM »

DRJOSE - getting up just in time for a nap is GREAT!

Yes, it is.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2008, 09:03:01 AM »

I'm glad you got your supply of Duke's from DR Jose.

I discovered I can get 4 32-oz jars of Duke's via Amazon for $16.16, but the shipping is $18.

I think not.

There is much good in the USPS flat-rate box...two sizes, one perfect for four jars of Duke's...and under $10 postage, too.

Umm... Since I did not head down to Virginia this week, there was no possible way for me to send any Duke's to DR coleslaw, so...  I believe he did take the Amazon.com route - thus the year's supply of the mayo in question.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2008, 09:04:34 AM »

So there IS hope for getting DR MBarnum a date, after all!     :D

I think that would require something much stronger than Gatorade.  Cosmos maybe?
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2008, 09:06:36 AM »

Yes, it is.

Yes, it is.

You're in a merry mood today, DR JoseSPiano!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »

I believe he did take the Amazon.com route

Yes.  I paid dearly for a bit of authentic Southern deliciousness.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »

OH!

DR Matthew - I'll be rehearsing two music revues while I'm down in Ft. Lauderdale, and I believe you'll be happy to know that one of them is "Andrew LLoyd Webber's - The Music of the Night" revue.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »

And from today's NY Times, a nice article about the recent forays of operatic baritones, Nathan Gunn and Paulo Szot, into the world of musical theater.  There's also some observations about amplification in the article too.  -Oh, and Mary Martin as well.

Out of Opera’s Cradle, Hunky Broadway Babies

*DR MBarnum - It states in the article that Paulo Szot is only 38, so... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - I know someone that plays "The Phantom of the Opera" by holding the inverted chord with one hand and dialing the transposer knob down and back up with the other.   :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »

OH!

DR Matthew - I'll be rehearsing two music revues while I'm down in Ft. Lauderdale, and I believe you'll be happy to know that one of them is "Andrew LLoyd Webber's - The Music of the Night" revue.  ;)

Awwww.... play one for me!   :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2008, 09:37:03 AM »

Awwww.... play one for me!   :)

And the next time you say one....Say One For Me!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2008, 09:37:32 AM »

Yes.  I paid dearly for a bit of authentic Southern deliciousness.

You are dedicated!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2008, 09:41:07 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - I know someone that plays "The Phantom of the Opera" by holding the inverted chord with one hand and dialing the transposer knob down and back up with the other.   :)

:D

I remember when we did Sweeney Todd during the Sondheim Celebration at the Kennedy Center, we had the keyboard programmer "map" out the final chords of organ prelude so that all you had to was play a simple single-note scale leading to the first whistle blast.

*And there are all those vocal samples in Mamma Mia! - push one key, and: "Gimme, gimme a man after midnight..."  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2008, 09:52:32 AM »

Okay, you tough New Yorkers - here is the story:

Colony Records, to whom I sent ten copies of Evening Primrose, and who sold out of said ten copies in one day, has not paid their long overdue invoice.  Marty Cooper, who normally gets our invoices turned around in days, was conveniently out sick for several weeks, but when I called him a few weeks ago he assured me it would be taken care of the day he got back - June 5.  I wrote him again when the check hadn't come and he told me he couldn't help me, that I had to e-mail the manager of the store.  I did so.  And then I called to speak to the accountant.  Neither the accountant or the owner would actually get on the phone with me, but they did relay the information that they'd gotten my e-mail and the check would go out tomorrow.  That was last Wednesday.  Needless to say, the check isn't here.

I called Mr. Cooper again today, and he said I had to deal with the boss as he's having trouble with his bosses and was on his way to some union.  I called and asked to speak to the accountant.  I was put on hold and remained on hold for ten minutes.  I called back - I was told the accountant was on another call and would call me back.  I left my info, but I think we all know I will not have a returned call, and I think we all know that they will keep avoiding me, all over an invoice that is less than $200.

So, what is my next step.  Are any of you tough New Yorkers willing to pay a visit to the store and make enough noise that the accountant and/or manager will come out and speak to you about the problem - and perhaps even take care of the invoice?  I would love to be able to do SOMETHING that would get their attention in a way that would then cause them to rethink their disgusting behavior and their non-payment of an invoice.  I wish I could say that I'd just shine them on, but Kritzerland needs all the dough it can get.  Any thoughts?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2008, 10:08:04 AM »

bk - Just to make sure you have all your proper ducks in order, the first thing you should do - if you haven't done so already - is to mail them a paper (hard copy) invoice marked, "Past Due".  Or better yet: "30 Days Past Due", "60 Days Past Due", etc.  If you find that you have to take further action, phone calls do not count as "official notice".

Alas, I only go into Colony as a last-resort - even browsing in there can turn into an unpleasant experience - especially when I hear some of their clerks giving out so much misinformation to their customers.

In the meantime, just make it part of your daily routine.  Just give them one call each day until someone else picks up the phone.  *Alas, since the amount of the invoice is under $200, they probably know that they can string you a long for a bit since the amount would not qualify for small claims court.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2008, 10:09:22 AM »

Tonight on tv not much:

The results for SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2008, 10:13:58 AM »

The City of San Francisco has announced it is looking into making it LEGAL for bicyclists to roll through -- with caution, of course -- traffic lights and stop signs.

I'm not quite sure why common sense has abandoned whoever announced this will be "considered."  The bicyclists all do it anyway.  And anyone who has the misfortune of hitting a bicyclist when one of them runs a light or a sign is always deemed GUILTY (for not being on the lookout for same).

I'm very pro-bicycles, but I strongly believe that ANYONE riding on a street or road is BOUND to follow the rules of the road.  That doesn't mean head-of-line privileges or running through lights/stop signs just because no traffic is coming or passing on the right and giving automobile drivers heart attacks when they see a bicyclist inches away from the right rear fender of their cars.'

I'm sure many cyclists are reckless. But i don't totally agree with what you wrote. Yes when there are cars around, a bicycle needs to stop and obey the traffic lights.

But i ride quite frequently. And when i am cycling in my village with no cars around, i only glance at the stop signs. And normally do not stop.

I also think that bicycles mostly need to go to the "front of the line" in order not to get hit! I know when i need to cross the street and there is busy traffic (and we get to a light) i always go to the front so i can get across.

I try not to cycle on busy streets (there are a lot of bike paths in my area.
But when i go on a fairly busy street (that is between where i live and the mall) i drive on the sidewalk.

I am careful of pedestrians and do not feel safe riding on the street. I drive slow (i don't know if this is totally legal). But most bikers seem to do it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »

I don't even want to waste my breath on the phone calls, frankly.  I just thought if I could get someone to go in there and perhaps be annoying in loudly asking for the accountant, or just making it seem like we'd be dropping by every day until they got so tired they'd just take care of it.  I will send them a hard copy but really, if they're going to be assholes they're going to be assholes.  The one thing I can and, of course, will do, is ridicule them on this here site at every opportunity - by only using factual information, of course.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2008, 10:28:33 AM »

Perhaps someone you know who lives in NYC could be your agent, and you could tell them your agent will be by at a certain time to pick up a check.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2008, 10:42:57 AM »

I will begin my online campaign in tomorrow's notes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2008, 10:43:09 AM »

It will be very amusing, I'm sure.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2008, 10:43:32 AM »

I'm sure that someone will pick it up and get it to the other theater boards.

singdaw

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2008, 10:47:05 AM »

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2008, 10:47:14 AM »

I think that would require something much stronger than Gatorade.  Cosmos maybe?

Alcohol works wonders, sometimes!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2008, 10:51:33 AM »

I do like the idea of t-shirts that say "Colony Refuses To Pay Invoice"

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »

bk, I think you need a viral YouTube campaign against Colony.

singdaw

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »

Colony is such a broad target.   :)

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2008, 10:59:32 AM »

Or you could register the domain name colonyrecordssucks.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up