Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: CAUGHT UP IN THE VORTEX  (Read 40145 times)

Cillaliz

Re:CAUGHT UP IN THE VORTEX
« Reply #420 on: June 28, 2008, 10:30:20 PM »

This should do it

Cillaliz

« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2008, 10:30:45 PM »

PAGE 15 - My work here is done.  Good night

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »

I have devised a kind of nice arrangement melding A Quiet Thing with Is It Really Me?  The soprano reaches her high G's with ease, which really ticks me, a bass if ever there were one, off.  ;)

A few years ago, I was in a group of singers where we worked solos with with this incredible piano player/vocal coach named Joe Baque...he's like 85 years old now...and still going strong.  Anyway, I had this idea to do a two-song medley of "When I Fall In Love" and "A Quiet Thing."  I also had the idea that I would sing the the two songs (one right after the other) starting on the same note (B-flat), even though they are in totally different keys.  After I sang the first song, Joe did this lovely instrumental middle section while modulating (big word!) to the new key so that I could start on the same note again.  We only were able to sing through it in the class and I never got to perform it.  I always loved working with Joe and especially on that song. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2008, 10:40:55 PM »

That is so weird, because we discovered several years ago that if you watch Independence Day with the sound off whilst playing the OCR of 1776, it's one amazing synchronicity after another.   ;D

You know, I'd try that if my two aunts weren't coming to visit. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2008, 10:54:46 PM »

For all you musically curious geeks out there (and you know who you are), I'm about halfway through the more than fascinating HOWARD GOODALL'S BIG BANGS (NOT a euphemism), which details five of the most important discoveries in the history of music.  Even if you know some of this stuff, Goodall is delightful and always entertaining.  Plus, he wrote the Theme to Blackadder.  :)

Howard also wrote the music and lyrics to the musical, The Hired Man with Melvyn Bragg.  I bought the original 1984 album years ago, only because the show was produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber.  I think I sort of listened to it once and put it away.  Several years later, for some unknown reason, I thought that I should listen to it again, just to make sure I didn't like it...and I absolutely fell in love with it!  I don't know why, but I love the show.  Maybe because it's just so different that what I was used to.  I also bought the 2-CD live concert cast that has almost the entire show and many of the original cast members.  That's very good, also. :)

I also love Howard's other show, Days of Hope.  It's a small show with six or so actors, and it's scored for just a piano and two guitars.  

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:58:07 PM by George »

George

« Reply #425 on: June 28, 2008, 10:55:55 PM »

In the "It's About Freakin' Time" department, the original Kiss of the Spider Woman movie is FINALLY being released on DVD!!  It'll be a Two-Disc Collector's Edition and an Amazon.com exclusive. :D

It's also going to be released on Blu-ray DVD.

Tomovoz

« Reply #426 on: June 28, 2008, 11:10:52 PM »

Thank you for the Spiderwoman news DR George.

Great movie.

I think it would be one of the very few times where a musical had ADDED so much to the original. The book/play is a fascinating read.

Seeing the musical is one of the greatest memories I have of live theatre.  (I saw the Vanessa Willams version).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #427 on: June 28, 2008, 11:22:36 PM »

And I've now ordered it.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #428 on: June 28, 2008, 11:31:06 PM »

Any viewers of "Dexter".  Does it get better?

Yes, I thought the characterizations improved - but then I liked Blood Brothers.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Tomovoz

« Reply #429 on: June 28, 2008, 11:59:58 PM »

Yes, I thought the characterizations improved - but then I liked Blood Brothers.

der Brucer
:) :)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »

Patti and Bernadette as the mothers

Adam Sandler & Ben Stiller as the Brothers.

A Blood Brothers worthy of Dexter.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2008, 12:12:45 AM »

Good morning DR SuiteMeet.
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2008, 12:26:24 AM »

Patti and Bernadette as the mothers

Adam Sandler & Ben Stiller as the Brothers.

A Blood Brothers worthy of Dexter.

Is there a particular order in which you'd like them dispatched?

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2008, 12:34:18 AM »

#1 is #1.

(I can quite like Bernadette - she just needs the right part and the right director I guess).
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2008, 12:35:07 AM »

Finally caught up!!  Good evening, DR Tomovoz!!!!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2008, 12:35:52 AM »

DR George, thanks for the heads up on Kiss.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2008, 12:36:09 AM »

#1 is #1.

Patti will not go quietly :D

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2008, 12:36:33 AM »

DR Tomovoz, so happy to see that your question was answered...    Anyway.     ;D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up