Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: INDEPENDENCE  (Read 25191 times)

JulieC40

• Always keep your options open!
Re:INDEPENDENCE
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 07:47:39 AM »

Happy 4th of July to everyone!  :)

17 days till New York Trip! :)

JulieC40

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 07:54:59 AM »

The Saturday Night Live season we have been watching was back in 1977, when it was REALLY good!

JulieC40

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »

Oh, I just remembered that I was going to let you all know how my interview went yesterday.  It went really well and seem really impressed with my resume' so we will see. They said they would be making a decision in 7 to 10 days.  So I will just go ahead and work the temp to hire position until I hear from them as they would be the better company to work for.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 08:02:56 AM »

Job vibes for DR JULIEC40
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 08:04:46 AM »

Guess I'll head down now to get cleaned up for my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 08:16:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: LINCTUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is: A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR

JulieC40

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 08:23:07 AM »

JRand57, Thanks so much!  I need all the good job vibes I can get! :)

singdaw

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 08:33:23 AM »

HAPPY 4th, for thse DRs so inclined!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2008, 08:35:01 AM »

I think I've missed DR TPunk - I wanted to offer her my very best

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***[/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 08:36:53 AM »

Have just caught up with all of yesterday's posts.  An unusually high laughter quotient!  :D  So much merriment and wit and laughter and legs.   :)    And not only that, but a HHW mini-reunion in Florida!  Thanks for the photos, DR Michael S.!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 08:43:21 AM »

Good morning, all! My first night's sleep in two days and I slept a lot. I was all set to watch Kathy Griffin on MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST at 10 but around 9:45, I figured there were enough Bravo reruns to catch it later in the week. It had to be those 2-for-1 margaritas last night.

Today, I'm enjoying myself: a bit of tv, and some work on Babes In Toyland.

Vibes to DR Juliec40 on the job search and to others partying over the weekend who need help with anything from travel angst to bail:[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
I had meant to remind DR singdaw that there is so much more to a marriage than the swelling of the organ and the coming of the bride but I think it's too late now. I can't wait to see him and throw a box of Uncle Ben's at him.

Speaking of DRsingdaw's wedding, I see that Jessie Helms has died. That must have raised the national IQ a point or two.

TOD:
   DVD:  The Closer Season 3, Burn Notice Season 1, The Cult of the Cobra (in honor of my dear friend DR MBarnum), The Chad Mitchell Trio (in honor of my dear friend DR Ben)
    CD:  Natalie Dessay, Lost In Boston 1-4, Offenbach Entre Nous
    VCR: Smut (in honor of my dear friend DR JoseS)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 08:45:13 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »

Yes, I did indeed meet DR Ron Pulliam yesterday for lunch and retail therapy; not necessarily in that order.  I think I probably looked a little silly running up to every man who strolled in front of my hotel, saying: "Ron?  RON??"  :)  But then, I'm used to looking silly, so...

Anyway, DR Ron Pulliam is a complete delight.  I highly recommend him.    8)  

And after a walking tour, during which he SHAMELESSLY forced to spend money, we met up wih my intended and had some lovely grub.  

I did wish we would have had several more hours, at least.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2008, 08:51:51 AM »

In honor of Independence Day I will watch the Bollywood film AN EVENING IN PARIS (1967) starring Shammi Kapoor (the Indian Tony Curtis) and Sharmila Tagore (the Indian Barbra Streisand).

The film is a comedy and I have heard very good things about it.

with scenes like these, it has to be a fun film!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 08:53:42 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2008, 08:53:21 AM »

DR Singdaw, I am glad you guys are having such a fun time!!

singdaw

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2008, 09:00:29 AM »

Thanks to DR elmore3003 and indeed all DRs for the continued good wishes.  We are  truly honored.   :)

After a final farewell hug from DR Ron Pulliam, we quickly refreshed ourselves [and by refreshed, I mean we slapped on some fresh deodorant] and jumped in our rented motorcar and proceeded down Route 101 South out of San Fransisco to Palo Alto.  Along with about a hundred zillion other folks.  But get there we did.

We proceeded to the in-laws of the friend of ours that was authorized to perform our ceremony.  This friend lives just a mile from us back home in New York, but happened to be here visiting with family, so it was kismet.  [ A Kismet reference. ;) ]  Originally, it was just to be our friend and his wife and the two of us - a quiet, dignified affair.  However, the plans had changed, so the in-laws were there and participated.  We had an in-house photographer, an in-house sous-chef, an in-house orchestra [an 11 year old on a tenor sax], a lovely 8 year old flower girl, and a stalwart 6 year old ring bearer.  Plus a chocolate lab for atmosphere [and by atmosphere, I mean free crotch sniffs].  It was serrendipitous and crazy and loads of fun.

The ceremony was heartfelt and beautiful, held in the backyard garden of the house under sun and a breeze.  We then had a lovely champagne toast with fancy hors d'oeuvres and merriment and laughter all around.  We were presented with a DVD by the host with pictures from the whole thing, converted into a slide show with personalized music, which was absolutely a surprise and a delight.  And if I can figure out how to access the stills, I will post one or two here at HHW.

And then the four of us proceeded into town to dine at TAMARINE, apparently named by Esquire as one of the top 20 new restaurants in the country.  It was Asian fusion cuisine, and it was to die for.

And when we finally reached our hotel room back in the city, we collapsed.  And that was our day.  And we are so glad we did it, and so grateful to everyone along the way for kind thoughts and wishes.

That's our story, and we're sticking to it.    :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:02:45 AM by singdaw »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2008, 09:01:33 AM »

Re:  cast problems.  I received a missive from my biggest problem child about a rehearsal I was attempting to schedule on Monday.  "It's my birthday, so I'm not inclined to rehearse."  OK, then--I guess I'm not inclined to play your solos in a key you can sing them in.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:04:56 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2008, 09:02:08 AM »

If you're in the mood for a just plain old silly goofy movie, the new straight-to-DVD parody 305 has some great stuff in it.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2008, 09:03:10 AM »

Thanks for the wedding story, Singdaw! Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JMK

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2008, 09:03:38 AM »

I received a peculiar email this morning from someone who had read my review of a concert DVD featuring the National Youth Symphony of Spain (who were quite accomplished, I might add).  The email said, "Is that you, Jeffrey, with two F's in Kauffman?"  I don't recognize her email and the name just said "Carole."  All the Carol's I know don't have "e"'s at the end, so I am convinced that Carole King has had a secret crush on me all these years just like I've had on her.  :)

singdaw

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2008, 09:05:51 AM »

Today we shall be running around San Fransisco, and if we determine the old bank account can support it, we may be hieing ourselves to a spa.  Where we may see some Germans.  Or not.

singdaw

« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2008, 09:07:39 AM »

[a Nine reference]

JMK

« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »

Jesse Helms has shuffled off this mortal coil.  Don't let that spoil your fourth.  ;)

singdaw

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2008, 09:08:10 AM »

You are most welcome, DR George!    :)

singdaw

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »

And DR Ron Pulliam can attest that my avatar is exactly what I look like.  If I lost, oh, 150 pounds or so.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2008, 09:17:19 AM »

If you're in the mood for a just plain old silly goofy movie, the new straight-to-DVD parody 305 has some great stuff in it.

It can't be any worse that MEET THE SPARTANS.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2008, 09:17:39 AM »

Cillaliz, apparently DR AJ didn't read the complete Rules and Regulations.  After your first 15 posts on HHW, deciding whether or not to post is no longer considered an option!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:48:18 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »

Independence Day greetings!  I slept 'til 9:30 this morning, which is quite late for me.  It's cool and rainy here in SW Ohio, but we were planning only an outing to Kroger today (I will sit at Starbucks while Richard shops).  I'm sorry for everyone with outdoor plans.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2008, 09:26:01 AM »

And the word of the day is: LINCTUS!
The wackos aren't just targeting Proctor and Gamble any more - now they've found evidence of CULTS IN the design of boxes for Smith Brothers LINCTUS!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »

Almost simultaneous HHW gatherings yesterday in Florida and California!  And Iowa, considering all the DRs at the lake with Cillaliz!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:29:13 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »

It can't be any worse that MEET THE SPARTANS.

It's actually a damn sight better than MTS, as I mention in my review.  In fact I call it the "Citizen Kane of 300 parodies."  ;)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up