Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T CRY FOR ME, ARGENTINA  (Read 34539 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:DON'T CRY FOR ME, ARGENTINA
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2008, 08:08:01 AM »

I'm rather fond of "Jesus Christ, Superstar", especially "Everything's All Right", "I Don't Know How to Love Him", and the title song.

From PHANTOM, "Music of the Night", "Prima Donna" and "Point of No Return" are favorites.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2008, 08:09:14 AM »

[size=8]PAGE 3[/size][/color][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2008, 08:10:52 AM »

Just dropping by to say "hi" while waiting for a conference call to start.  They are late.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2008, 08:10:59 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?  I am up.  Beyond that, I have no clew.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2008, 08:11:09 AM »

Rehearsal for Singing In the Rain was fairly chaotic last night.  We were doing only my scenes to give me ALL of my blocking for the WHOLE show....we did get done a bit early, so a few musical numbers were also run.

It was the first night the company had the real stage, so some were a bit lost....the physical production looks like it might be fun, and there are TONS of costumes.....

Fat Cosmo doesn't know his lines, blocking. or songs.  I am always amazed that people can spend three weeks rehearsing a show and still NOT know their lyrics....or lines.  I am thinking that character will be pretty much of a disaster, even though he can tap dance.

Starting tonight we rehearse from 6:30 until who knows when....we have been told that all nights will be LATE....  I hate disorganized rehearsals....full of teenagers who do not listen or even know what they are supposed to do even though they have been told a hundred times, a talk on the telephone and wander around, then go onstage and stand like sticks.....  I just can't think about it.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2008, 08:12:58 AM »

Lovely  Magnus and Fosca photos from yesterday.

TOD:

Another vote for "Love Changes Everything"

Also;
"High Flying Adored", "Superstar", "Stone the Crows", "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again", and "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina."

singdaw

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »

The ingrates.  I tell ya.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2008, 08:29:54 AM »

Good morning!

We watched Kyra on the tonight show---one of her better interviews.
"I'm from NY. Rats don't scurry---they saunter!" LOL!

We lit candles last night for our furry friends who have passed on: Miss Blue Moon, Magnus and Fosca, and little Baby Blue, our 3 legged cat-in-law who we used to care for from Greg's sister was out of townl she passed on last week. Vibes to all!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2008, 08:31:12 AM »

I somehow missed the post about the funeral DR Dakota went to. Vibes of comfort and hugs to Dakota!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2008, 08:32:20 AM »

For Jason O'Mara, a.k.a. Bill Kroelick fans (perhaps this has already been mentioned...)

David E. Kelly has just hired the lead for his adaptation of the BBC hit series Life on Mars. According to Variety, Jason O'Mara will be stepping into the shoes of detective Sam Tyler.

The show revolves around O'Mara's P.I. He finds himself back in the 1970s, where he must battle a serial killer that has something to do with the present day abduction of his girlfriend.

Kelley stated, "This is a complicated character with many colors. After an exhaustive search, we're thrilled to have cast Jason O'Mara. He is a tremendous talent."

The show starts shooting on Aug. 14th, and will be ready for midseason consideration.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »

Thanks for the candle, DR EDISAURUS.....

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2008, 08:40:43 AM »

For Jason O'Mara, a.k.a. Bill Kroelick fans (perhaps this has already been mentioned...)

David E. Kelly has just hired the lead for his adaptation of the BBC hit series Life on Mars. According to Variety, Jason O'Mara will be stepping into the shoes of detective Sam Tyler.

The show revolves around O'Mara's P.I. He finds himself back in the 1970s, where he must battle a serial killer that has something to do with the present day abduction of his girlfriend.

Kelley stated, "This is a complicated character with many colors. After an exhaustive search, we're thrilled to have cast Jason O'Mara. He is a tremendous talent."

The show starts shooting on Aug. 14th, and will be ready for midseason consideration.

I've mentioned it several times because Jason O'Mara is my dream man. I don't know how old that interview is because Kelley has been removed as producer/showrunner for the show (quite some time ago), replaced by the showrunners from OCTOBER ROAD.

I believe the show is on ABC's fall schedule airing after GREY'S ANATOMY at 10 p.m. on Thursday night.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2008, 08:42:20 AM »

DR MATTH - I emailed Disney DVD and they answered today that they have no release date scheduled for the Annette Funicello Walt Disney Treasures Tin....did you get an email or a notice from some one telling you something different?  I am hoping they are just not talking about it yet since you indicated a November 11 release to replace "Destino."   I have my fingers crossed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »

Back from my early errand, and while I didn't have a strong conversation with my publisher, they did respond to my strong e-mail of last night, so all should be well today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »

Hmmm.... Batman got arrested.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »

Ugh! It wouldn't be fair to criticize all teenagers, but the last time I worked with a bunch of them was in SCROOGE, and it was a MISERABLE experience. They did exactly as DR JRand described them: never listened to direction or wrote anything down; rehearsals were a gossip session/party, and when the time to get on stage arrived, they were at seas and complete ciphers.

During the run of the show, they often missed their cues and left actors stranded on stage waiting for their arrival. Then, they'd laugh about their goofs. I finally told one particular bad boy off when my friend playing Scrooge was left stranded on stage ad-libbing because the kid didn't EVER come on stage (someone had to cover for him), and when the kid realized he had messed up, he collapsed into gales of laughter. I've NEVER been so furious in all my life.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2008, 08:46:12 AM »

DR MATTH - I emailed Disney DVD and they answered today that they have no release date scheduled for the Annette Funicello Walt Disney Treasures Tin....did you get an email or a notice from some one telling you something different?  I am hoping they are just not talking about it yet since you indicated a November 11 release to replace "Destino."   I have my fingers crossed.

I don't think there has been a specific announcement. Only some "people in the know" telling what's going on behind the scenes.

Keeping my fingers crossed for sure!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »

Oh my, the alleged assault was against his mother and sister in London, hopefully he will be released from custody to attend the premiere of THE DARK KNIGHT in Spain on Thursday.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20213900,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Suddenly my problems don't seem so troublesome.  8)

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2008, 08:49:12 AM »

I'm having lunch with my friend Hal today at 1 p.m. at a pub near my house. Even though I have some time, I guess I'll head down now and check the mail and then start getting cleaned up.

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2008, 08:50:21 AM »

Oh my, the alleged assault was against his mother and sister in London, hopefully he will be released from custody to attend the premiere of THE DARK KNIGHT in Spain on Thursday.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20213900,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Suddenly my problems don't seem so troublesome.  8)

I saw the story, too, and there are some lapses in the story since at the time they claim they were being attacked, he was in London at the premiere of THE DARK KNIGHT. This should be an interesting developing story.

FJL

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2008, 08:50:43 AM »

If behavior of teens is a generational thing, does that mean we can't fault the individual person?

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008, 08:50:52 AM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2008, 08:51:12 AM »

Thanks DR MATTH - I have confidence in people in the know over and above the official party line.

I am outraged at your experience in SCROOGE, but not surprised.  I don't get it.  I have been doing shows since I was six years old, and I wouldn't think of acting like SOME of the people in some of the shows I have been in recently.....they just don't get it.  It's just another thing for them to do, not a passion, just a way to get away from the parents for awhile, and be where no one can tell them what to do.....unless I am the director....and then of course a lot of them leave the first week.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »

Going all the way to New York with no pit stop in Kentucky, BK?  Ahh, I remember when you said you would be our first visitor.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2008, 08:53:33 AM »

If behavior of teens is a generational thing, does that mean we can't fault the individual person?

Oh I can be very person specific!  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »

Going all the way to New York with no pit stop in Kentucky, BK?  Ahh, I remember when you said you would be our first visitor.

DR CP, it seems you have joined the rest of us in the FlyOver States.  :-\

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2008, 08:55:32 AM »

I don't think there has been a specific announcement. Only some "people in the know" telling what's going on behind the scenes.

Keeping my fingers crossed for sure!

There is a reference to the three titles at thedigitalbits. Look at the "Classic Coming Attractions Database" link dated 7/3...it's a calendar, of sorts, and it goes through November where it lists the three "tin" titles.  These guys are usually hooked up with someone "inside" the studios, but sometimes things change.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:01:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:23 AM »

I hope DR stewpot's conference call went well and that he's now free to trip the light fantastick!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2008, 09:02:44 AM »

We had our first real rehearsal of the Revue last night.  The Bus Stop set is beautiful and charming and completely unworkable for a Revue.  :)  They also somehow neglected to mention that the on stage piano I am using is a full sized concert grand, which takes up about half of the stage.  Let the "oy"ing begin.  The run through actually went amazingly well, though it was the best example of Too Many Chiefs I have experienced in a long time.  I had to calmly and quietly let it be known how things were going to go a few times and that was that.  The singers all sound marvelous, I must say, and I managed to somehow craft a through line woven of the songs each person chose for themselves to sing--things as disparate as "I'm Going to Make You Beautiful" for one of the women to "Silly People" for one of the men.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2008, 09:04:11 AM »

For you fans of Bones and L&O:SVU:  I posted a week or so ago that I thought that Betsy's brother had edited tonight's SVU.  Betsy spoke to Jesse yesterday, and it turns out what he has edited is this weird "small form mini-series" that is airing in two minute segments for the next several weeks during both of the above series.  So if you see it, that's it.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:04:37 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up