Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OSMOSIS  (Read 23591 times)

Ben

Re:OSMOSIS
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »

It pleued here a lot!

At least some of the pleuing happened when I was in the movie theatre watching Summer Stock.

Howdy Neighbor!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2008, 07:14:44 PM »

Well, a bunch of the clerks at Pentagon City - who were on the ground floor - kept thinking that they were moving something HUGE on one of the upper levels.  

Uh, all that hail didn't give it away??

Ben

« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »

Brini Maxwell was the hostess and will be until Hedda gets back from Provincetown.

Ms. Maxwell is very funny and a very good replacement for La Hedda.

The movie was grand. They formatted it correctly and it didn't fill the screen and stretch the edges. Everything looked beautiful. The full house loved the show and we applauded after the numbers and at the end but then we had to rush out because the 9:30 crowd was waiting to get in.

Ah, I remember the days of my too distant youth when you went into a movie and you could sit through it as many times as you wanted. The Good Old Days.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2008, 07:17:02 PM »

Uh, all that hail didn't give it away??

Well, we thought it was just really, really, really big rain drops falling on the atrium roof.  Then once I stepped outside and some of the remnants...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2008, 07:17:24 PM »

And now... Up Close...

Oh, DEAR!!! I feel like I'm gaining weight by osmosis!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »

And, yes, there was dessert tonight too.  Since I was at Sweetwater, I just had to have my "regular" - their Flourless Chocolate Waffle with Vanilla Ice Cream.  (Which originally came with house-made Macadamia Nut Brittle Ice Cream - which I still prefer and miss.)

Sometimes it seems that the Flourless Chocolate Waffle is calling me, and not vice versa...

;D

If Singdaw were here he'd have a witty quote for this photo. I can't think of anything clever at the moment. I do wonder, however, why Jose is inspecting his meal so closely.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2008, 07:19:47 PM »

USA!  USA!  USA!  [/b]
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2008, 07:20:54 PM »

Well, we thought it was just really, really, really big rain drops falling on the atrium roof.  Then once I stepped outside and some of the remnants...

The hail made a real racket at my house. I stopped what I was doing and checked to make sure there was no damage. It really sounded fierce.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »

Good night.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2008, 07:23:12 PM »

Thank you, S. Woody, for mentioning that 4-CD Alan Menken set "The Music Behind the Magic".   I had not heard of the set until your mention.  I found it at Amazon.com.

I love that set!  And I really love it since I happened to find it a couple of years ago on Clearance(!?!?!) at Border's for only $15.00!

*And I also happened to pick up the boxed set of "The Little Mermaid" - with the soundtrack and some artwork - for only $10.00 off the same shelf!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »

If Singdaw were here he'd have a witty quote for this photo. I can't think of anything clever at the moment. I do wonder, however, why Jose is inspecting his meal so closely.

I wuz mesmerized, I tell ya'.  Mesmerized.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2008, 07:26:04 PM »

Favorite diet meal:

eggplant, peeled and diced
zuchini, peeled and slice
yellow squash, peeled and diced
tomatoes, diced
green pepper, seeded and diced

Cook it all together in a pan with a little olive oil.

I am sure SWoody and Jose can fine-tune it.

Hmm...  Sounds like a very good Sauteed Vegetable Medley to me...  Maybe add some fresh mint to finish it off...  Or even possibly a basic ratatouille... And if happen to cook it down a bit until the veggies are mushy and add some olives, then you'd have caponata...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2008, 07:46:45 PM »

I'm actually quite hungry again.  I had a footlong Subway turkey sandwich for a total of 560 calories and nine grams of fat - although maybe less since I did not have cheese or any oil on the sandwich, just mustard and veggies.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »

So, that means I'd be comfortable eating another seven or eight hundred calories for a total of 1500 for the day - since I did the long jog, I can definitely lose weight on that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2008, 07:48:17 PM »

The question is what do I want.  Something from Gelson's, like a couple of roast chicken boobs?  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2008, 07:48:58 PM »

I could do four Jack In The Box tacos (640 calories) but there's too many fat grams involved.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »

I want to do something reasonable but fun.  But tomorrow - tomorrow is lunch at Musso and Frank.  I shall do the long jog early in the morning, and then I shall eat whatever I damn well please - probably the Combo Louis - I'll try not to overdo the thousand island dressing.  The last few times I've had it, I've also gotten red sauce and that's helped cut back on the thou.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2008, 07:52:58 PM »

I could do four Jack In The Box tacos (640 calories) but there's too many fat grams involved.

And no real good nutritional value either.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2008, 08:05:41 PM »

DR DearReadlerLaura - I know that your part of the country could always use more rain, but are you in an area that could have flash-flooding if the conditions are "right"?

The desert is well-known for having flash floods. However, where my house is located, I believe it would be impossible.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2008, 08:08:33 PM »

I made my vegetable dinner and added Italian seasoning, red onion, minced garlic, kosher salt, and fresh-ground pepper.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #200 on: August 14, 2008, 08:09:18 PM »

We had a nice storm. Not much rain, but wind, thunder, and lightening.

MBarnum

« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2008, 08:22:23 PM »

For anyone who may be interested, here is Barrie Maxwell's list of upcoming Classic film releases on DVD...lots of goodies coming our way!

You will have to scroll down past his various looks at recently classic film releases to get to what is coming soon.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/barriemaxwell/maxwell081408b.html

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2008, 08:33:03 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

No.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #203 on: August 14, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »

I think you are being too hard on it.  Is it a masterpiece? No.

Even though it is a musical, I think you have to consider that you are not its target audience.

It has a) the jonas brothers and b) the lead girl was very good.

I enjoyed it and i've seen many movies. And i doubt i'm in the target audience either. :)

Sorry, but that's BS.

I enjoyed BOTH of the HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL films, and even found much to like about JUMP-IN! which was clearly modeled on the first HSM. I wasn't the target audience for any of them.

This movie was by-the-numbers trite. Didn't measure up IN ANY WAY to the HSM films. The lead girl certainly has potential, but she needs desperate correction with her strained, breathy (almost sounding like she's aching) appraoch to singing. Of course, Joe Jonas sings that way, too, so they were paired well. The other two Jonas Brothers should not act (or not until they've had some lessons.)

Matt H.

« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

I began my evening watching the rest of the CAMP ROCK bonus features. There was about an hour more of various featurettes. Always enjoy seeing the rehearsals that lead to the filming over a six week period. The featurette on HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 went into more of the rehearsal footage (and the dancing was much more intricate) than this CAMP ROCK one does, but it's still fun to see.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: August 14, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »

Sorry, but that's BS.

I enjoyed BOTH of the HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL films, and even found much to like about JUMP-IN! which was clearly modeled on the first HSM. I wasn't the target audience for any of them.

This movie was by-the-numbers trite. Didn't measure up IN ANY WAY to the HSM films. The lead girl certainly has potential, but she needs desperate correction with her strained, breathy (almost sounding like she's aching) appraoch to singing. Of course, Joe Jonas sings that way, too, so they were paired well. The other two Jonas Brothers should not act (or not until they've had some lessons.)

And the movie was originally just slated to star Joe Jonas, but since the brothers Jonas are brothers, the other two got shoe-horned into the plot - and the movie - at the last minute.

And since I actually help cast some of the "Disney drivel", I have to say that this movie was most definitely a rush job - and it shows.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2008, 08:45:14 PM »

Brini Maxwell was the hostess and will be until Hedda gets back from Provincetown.

Ms. Maxwell is very funny and a very good replacement for La Hedda.

The movie was grand. They formatted it correctly and it didn't fill the screen and stretch the edges. Everything looked beautiful. The full house loved the show and we applauded after the numbers and at the end but then we had to rush out because the 9:30 crowd was waiting to get in.

Ah, I remember the days of my too distant youth when you went into a movie and you could sit through it as many times as you wanted. The Good Old Days.

One number in the film often gets overlooked when people write about this movie, but I love "The Portland Fancy." One of the best dance numbers Judy ever accomplished.

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2008, 08:49:19 PM »

And the movie was originally just slated to star Joe Jonas, but since the brothers Jonas are brothers, the other two got shoe-horned into the plot - and the movie - at the last minute.

And since I actually help cast some of the "Disney drivel", I have to say that this movie was most definitely a rush job - and it shows.

I agree completely; there's a definite lack of polish to the numbers.

It accomplished its purpose of giving Disney another great TV-movie audience puller, and I'm sure there will be a sequel (the final number makes that obvious)

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2008, 08:51:17 PM »

I ended up with a great deal of the evening free, so I watched Bette Davis and Claude Rains spar like grand champions in DECEPTION. Wild melodrama and very talky but a pretty fun movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »

Next, I watched last night's PROJECT RUNWAY. I was split on the two winners. I didn't think either one was clearly better than the other and it certainly could have gone either way, but they were both attractive.

I had no problem with the selection of the eventual loser. She was not a favorite (and as for her partner, it's just a matter of time.)

But I've said before, I don't like the team competitions. EVER.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up