Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MY EARLY THINGS  (Read 24356 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MY EARLY THINGS
« on: August 28, 2008, 12:08:24 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were early, and now it is time for you to post until the early cows come home.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:20:36 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MY EARLY THINGS
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:09:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHTHONIC!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:37:44 AM »

TOTD:
Jewel In The Crown
Brideshead Revisited
Lillies
Bird Of Prey
To Serve Them All My Days
Dance To The Music Of Time
Pennies From Heaven
The Singing Detective
Lipstick On Your Collar
Frozen Lazarus
The Hello Girls
The Lost Prince
Relative Strangers (AKA Perfect Strangers)
Shooting The Past
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:43:26 AM »

BK, I'm assuming that this was the DVD of "Five Days" that you watched:

Amazon.co.uk has the original BBC version:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 02:14:46 AM »

Wow, loving the Vix Pics...   The DR Vixmom and the DR Vixter both look stunning!   :)

DR JoseSPiano's new avatar is fun!  Also enjoyed the photo from the Birthday festivities!!    :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:52:02 AM by singdaw »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 04:00:02 AM »

TOD

Doctor Who, both classic and modern.

(Uh, duh.  Wasn't that predictable?)

The Prisoner.

The Avengers.

Two Fat Ladies.

And does anyone remember Flickers?  It ran on Masterpiece Theater, I believe.  Bob Hoskins and Frances de la Tour mixing it up merrily in the early days of British cinema.  Great idea, too bad nobody has ever picked it up as something that could run in America.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 04:00:33 AM »

Workies.  Hasta.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 04:02:57 AM »

TOD
Elizabeth R (Glenda Jackson)
Six Wives of Henry VIII
The Singing Detective

and I sure there are others but these came to mind immediatley
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 04:44:00 AM »

This is how I read this news headline

librarian ex-warlord dodges questions at hearing

This is how it actually read

Liberian ex-warlord dodges questions at hearing
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 04:56:04 AM »

Well, it's not the best fit but I can't do anything more to it. I cropped the picture down from this one that Jose posted yesterday. It still looks fuzzy to me. I've cropped till there is nothing left to crop and I've re-sized more than once. The default photo program on my computer here at work doesn't seem to be doing the job. Anybody else think they can make me look less fuzzy?

singdaw

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 05:07:45 AM »

"Don't they say that black is slimming?"

photo:    The Gargoyle Garden

singdaw

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 05:09:08 AM »

Maybe that's what DR Ginny needs at her workplace to control the homeless and indigent...  a Warlord Librarian!   ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 05:12:37 AM »

Good morning, all! I'm off to an ultrascan, which I hope will not take long since I am starving.  This afternoon, the doctor to hopefully begin diabetes tests. Oy!

Last night I finished MURDER AT THE GROVE and did not guess the killer. I'm now waiting for the third book.

DR Ben, I want to look fuzzier!

TOD:
I, Claudius
Six Wives of Henry the Eighth
Cousin Bette
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 05:27:17 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  As DR JRand said last night, we are, indeed, into our NYC groove.  Richard is at Morning Prayer at St. Mary's and I'm having my coffee while visiting with y'all.  I'm also trying some first-thing-in-the-morning icing of my foot to see if that helps the swelling.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 05:28:31 AM »

DR Elmore - vibes for competent medical care today!  Please let us know how things progress.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 05:30:08 AM »

Good morning, DR Ben.  Richard and I will leave here about 10:45, hoping to catch a bus that will get us to the FC by 11:30 or so.  Just in case, I will PM my cell phone number to you.  Looking forward to chatting and chewing with you!

FJL

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 05:31:22 AM »

TOD:  

Tom Brown's Schooldays
Rock Follies

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 05:34:32 AM »

TOD - Richard and I watched I, Claudius while dating and used the theme from Masterpiece Theatre for our wedding processional.  I also liked All Creatures Great and Small.  He likes a lot of the British mystery series, but after a while they all run together for me.

singdaw

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 05:37:20 AM »

DR Ginny - I'm trying to figure out when I might be able to see you.  Do you have any Saturday morning breakfast plans yet?

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 05:39:15 AM »

DR Jose, Richard asked me yesterday if we were going to get to "that deli up by Larry's" - Artie's - and I thought about going there Friday before South Pacific.  Haven't discussed it with Elmore, because I didn't think he was in any frame of mind to talk about food until after the tests this morning.

Also, when we passed MOMA in the taxi on the way into the City yesterday, Richard mentioned that he'd never been there.  I haven't been there since the Picasso exhibit in 1980, so we were thinking, if it rains (tomorrow?), about spending some time there.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 05:39:39 AM »

My appointment, which I thought was at 9:15 is actually at 9:45, so I think I'll begin my trek over to East 95th Street.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 05:39:54 AM »

Weird word of the day CHTHONIC, so a weird song

from the group Underworld:  "Cowgirl" with the "Everything Everything" refrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10q96IPlm70

FJL

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 05:40:31 AM »

What's up with Arnold?  Has anyone heard from him?

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 05:43:30 AM »

DR Ginny - I'm trying to figure out when I might be able to see you.  Do you have any Saturday morning breakfast plans yet?

DR Singdaw - we're pretty open all day on Saturday.  Will probably try this afternoon to get tix for The 39 Steps - either performance, whichever we can get the best seats.  So, NO, we don't have plans for Saturday breakfast.  We'd love to see you!

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 05:55:05 AM »

Sorry to have missed DR Vixmom last night.  The photos are lovely - I love the black and white motif for the wedding.  The Vixter is a stunning young woman.

singdaw

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 05:56:33 AM »

The question of the day:

Will DR elmore3003 decide to attend BEDBUGS!, the new NYMF musical?   ;)

singdaw

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 05:57:30 AM »

That sounds good, DR Ginny.  Wonder if some certain DR can suggest the best of all possible NYC breakfast places?  :)

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 06:18:57 AM »

That sounds good, DR Ginny.  Wonder if some certain DR can suggest the best of all possible NYC breakfast places?  :)

LOL!

Maybe that certain DR would even like to join us?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 06:26:52 AM »

I, CLAUDIUS was the best telly mini-series, British or American, ever!  Period!

Other good ones...THE BRETTS, about a theatrical family during the twenties.  BY THE SWORD DIVIDED, about the English Civil War.  And TO PLAY THE KING, HOUSE OF CARDS, & FINAL CUT, the mini with my old pal, Ian Richardson, playing a Machivellean Prime Minister.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 06:39:02 AM »

Good morning, everyone.

What a wealth of pics! Lovely pics of VIXFAMILY. I agree with Mike Barnum--and that's nothing to do with Bollywood!
Great new avatars from Ben and Jose!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up